Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Braxx Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
When the game was in early access , there was a poll to chose 2 new classes . The winners in that poll were the Polymorph and Summoner.
But in that poll , there were some awesome classes like the Alchemist , Monk and the others. Will they be added to the game ? Maybe via expansion or DLC ?
NOTE: When i say new class , it means it adds many new spells for that class and such.
For example : Alchemist 0 (Next level 1 - Increase duration or potions, poisons and elixirs by 10% , Increase the dmg of poisons by 5%) and you see items for that class that add Alchemist +5. And ofc their own line of armor/robe fashion

The best class is the Jack of all Trades
veteran
veteran
It would certainly need an expansion. It depends on whether Larian thinks an expansion would fit with the game, and whether they want to do an expansion or move on to another game.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Likely, we'll see a few updates here and there, they'll focus on fixing some of the, well, fixable issues with patches.

Some things can't be fixed by patches (that's just the way it is).

We'll likely see a revamp in the form of an enhanced edition, they aren't the kind of company to simply run away (they put a lot of genuine work into this game, you can tell that the team was passionate about the product). I'm sure that intended content was cut, we might see some of that return in through patches.

If it's economical for them, I do hope they spend the time to give the game a once over in the form of the Enhanced Edition, like the first one received, hopefully for free for those who owned the original. The game was, generally, great, there were a few issues that I noticed, and some issues primarily in the later stages of the game, though those were far from a deal breaker.

I'd like to see a Monk Class, I do feel like that would be pretty interesting. Some stability fixes may be patched in, either way I'd like to have them in the Enhanced. New quests, and reworked quests, along with more alternative ways to do certain quests.

In general, the Reaper's Coast main-questline to find the random masters, I'd like to see it remastered such that each one offered you a unique source skill, and that source skill came with drawbacks for using it. Something like 'Bend Will', to ensnare their very soul to your will, you can force them to answer you, or assist you in actions. Say you find a merchant who you suspect is lying to you, so while speaking to him a new option pops up, spend a Source Point, enslaving him, he now is forced to answer your questions truthfully, gives you a key or whatever knowledge you need to proceed, etc. The drawback would be that using it draws you closer to the evil of the void or something, essentially using a dark power corrupts you slowly, but surely. Make it have tangible consequences, perhaps with a new boss foe at the end of the game completely based on your alignment you might change the outcome altogether. You might fight the God King himself, or not, depending on your alignment.

I doubt that they will do an expansion though, it's likely (if at all) to come in the form of an Enhanced Edition.

I'd like to see a 'permanent' slot for an active power, one per character. Say that might be permanent polymorph wings (like enemies have), Vampirism, etc. With the difficulty scaling on the assumption that you're using them.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard