Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So I fixed my one issue.. now I cant seem to figure out how to add items to the main game. Just want to create a tiny supply box on the beach if that is possible? Saw someone posting in the workshop they did it.. but it's godlike items @_@

Any help on how to would be awesome.

addict
addict
To mod the original adventure, do the following:

1. Create an add-on project that loads data from Story and targets Story. You'll need to load the data to get the original levels. See here how to Create Projects

2. When opening a level, press the "Show inherited levels" button in the top right of the browser. This will show you all levels from loaded data (Story in this case).

3. Open the level you want to edit. For the beach, that would be Fort Joy (FJ_FortJoy_Main).

4. Mod the hell out of it and save. A supply box would be
-- Place a crate Root Template from the Root Template Panel
-- Edit its items and/or treasure properties. (Items are assigned by hand (mainly just for specific story things you need in there). Treasure is a stat entry from the Stats Editor (wiki page still pending) that generates randomly within an assigned set of variables, but we have several options already available to you as you'll see when opening the property.)

5. Enable the add-on in game in the mod menu, as shown here

Hope this helps you smile Keep us posted!

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 16/09/17 11:02 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

I get to forjoy and then its a blue screen I cant see the map o.o

UPDATE EDIT!~ I am dumb... it was the sky.. I just had to fly around with the camera to find the island ><

Last edited by Ellary; 16/09/17 05:11 PM.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hmm I made the item, put it on the beach.. hit save all O.o Enabled the mod.. but the items are not here? do I need to do it on a new game? Even on a save game its not showing up with the mod active..

these tools confuse me so badly. I tried to make a ring and put it in the sand. I gave it a visual ID and everything.

ERG! Okay... I made the ring. I can see it on the beach now as a grey untextured item. I went into the stats editor and linked a created stat to it.. NOW I cannot pick it up @_@ or give it an Icon.. all the icon data fails to load.

aww man >< I got the ring to be able to be picked up.. but all the stats I set for it are wrong. They seem all randomized. is it because I made it a magical ring? Guess I should wait on this... as I dont even know how to assign a skill usage to the ring. Wanted to give a charm ability like the charm bombs, but not sure if that is a thing.

Thanks for helping me get this far!!

Major update.. I made the ring not magical~ so no more random stats. it had the stats I set.. kind of o.o the memory stat wont change on it. Also my icons fail to load non stop? so the ring has a lockpick ability icon.... would a fresh install fix the icon issue? aside from the Icon and the stats (which I am tweaking) its working great.

Last edited by Ellary; 16/09/17 06:41 PM.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
OKAY! I have got everything kinda working (Physical armor and Magic armor wont set, nor will Memory bonus) BUT that's fine. everything else works kinda.... but I have one major issue.. How do I get the Icons to load? I have done a fresh install of everything.. and still gives me

"Can't load textures file for preview of Icon!"

Am I just supposed to leave it as a ? or lockpick icon? no idea how to fix this texture load issue.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard