Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Withermoore's Soul Jar is smashed freeing him, but in the journal the quest does not have the completed marker. Normal or bug?

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
addict
addict
Bug. Same thing happened to me just awhile ago.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=UnderworldHades]Bug. Same thing happened to me just awhile ago. [/quote]

Not a bug. Many quests in the game are ongoing. Sometimes across multiple areas. If something doesn't close, its normally because you'll find out more information later/elsewhere or you're not done with the quest yet.

Last edited by Ravnak; 16/09/17 10:21 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
There are definitely a few quests that don't correctly close even though they should be completed at that point, and when you go to act 2 these quests bug out and the quest log states you did something you did not (like imprisoned elf).

However, this quest is indeed not one of them, explore more and you'll find out.

Last edited by Monara; 16/09/17 12:36 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
None of them really end. I killed one or two quest NPC's and the marker moved to where I killed him. In itself, pretty funny. It is a bit aggravating, especially with how pronounced the markers are on your map, but what can you do.

I wonder is there anyway to pick and choose what quest(s) to display, that would clean up some of the clutter, even if they fix the issue.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
even though the quest does not end, you can mark it "inactive". that wont move it to the archive folder but it will grey it out and get rid of the map markers for it.

Although for withermore specifically, mine did not end either and his body is gathering dust after I smashed his soul jar. I was unable to take his spear out of wall since I have no strength characters (all-rogue party!)

Last edited by Ratblaster; 16/09/17 08:25 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by Ratblaster
I was unable to take his spear out of wall since I have no strength characters (all-rogue party!)

You can just Attack the Spear wink

B
stranger
stranger
B
Lord Withermoore can also help you once you hit the source barrier within Barrus Rex's tower. The quest closed after that for me.

The tower is on the western end of the map, past the ice dragon and the maze. If you have Rex's cursed ring before you go there, you can skip the entire maze and go straight to the tower.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard