Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I want to make a very simple mod that gives Pet Pal as a free talent to every players (no one in my group of friends want really wants to get it). However, I am very new to modding.

Installing the Divinity Engine 2 was easy, and after looking at the stats editor, I found out that the playable characters are all using the "_Hero" template.

It seems to be possible to override the "_Hero" entry in a mod, and change the default values for a lot of things, including talents. I successfully added "Talent_PetPal" in the talents column.

However, all I did was change the default talent selected at character selection. It's not really what I wanted to do. You can still deselect it and pick something else.

Is there a way to lock Pet Pal and then add one more talent at level 1?

Last edited by NotVince; 16/09/17 04:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by NotVince
Is there a way to lock Pet Pal and then add one more talent at level 1?

One way to do this would be to override the race presets, or create a class preset, and add the Pet Pal talent. Though, Pet Pal still won't be locked.

I'm not sure how it "locks" racial talents. That may be hardcoded.

The class and race presets are located in "Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Shared.pak", under "Mods\Shared\CharacterCreation\". You can use the EE PAK extractor to extract the files and modify them that way.

Adding talents is pretty simple. Adding Pet Pal to the Dwarf preset looks like this:

Code
<node id="TalentsAdded">
	<children>
		<node id="TalentAdded">
			<attribute id="Talent" value="Dwarf_Sturdy" type="23" />
		</node>
		<node id="TalentAdded">
			<attribute id="Talent" value="Dwarf_Sneaking" type="23" />
		</node>
		<node id="TalentAdded">
			<attribute id="Talent" value="AnimalEmpathy" type="23" />
		</node>