Next Thread
Print Thread
#612807 16/09/17 09:46 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
So this is quest-related and I'm unsure if it's a bug or an oversight or what, but:

For the Red Prince's Redemption quest I have the option of using a particular drudanae for a dream vision. Only this drudanae seems to work--I've tried buying some of Griff's Overpriced Drudanae but that doesn't even seem to register with the NPC. I've tried selling it to the NPC and he thinks he still doesn't have any drudanae.

Okay, no biggie, as the quest log says, let's hope there's another dreamer somewhere roundabouts the island. I hadn't run into one, so I googled up some spoilers and found who should be another option. However, when I speak to that NPC, she doesn't even have any [Red Prince] tagged dialogue options.

I really feel like something's not quite working right, here. If I can stop the unique character questline I get by choosing an origin story instead of doing a custom guy on what is literally the first step of the quest, that just seems...broken.

What I'm hoping to find out is if there's just some simple thing where drudanae items aren't tagged right for dialogue, or there's some bug, or something to that effect. I really don't want to find that playing a pregen character means how I'm supposed to behave is basically railroaded.

treboucher #613178 17/09/17 09:32 AM
A
A
that is kinda the point though isnt it? for the origin characters to be more set in stone and the custom characters to be free reign sorta thing.

treboucher #613334 17/09/17 12:37 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Same thing. Even had the idea of allowing the dreamer to use the drug, and then stuffing the empty orange anew with drudanae I bought/stole- but then the guy still reacts as if the orange it's empty.
If it's an oversight, than it's a wired one. Because why bother offering an overpriced drudanae, that has almost no use anyway, in the first place?

treboucher #613785 17/09/17 07:44 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
yeah I'm having this issue as well. I'm using the red prince and I can't use any other drudanae besides Griff's drudane.

My guess is it's and oversight and only that one item has the quest flag/property attached to it. The other thing could be that the quest it self is only set to recognize that one item. If I use that item to do Red's quest I have to kill Griff's gang or never turn the quest in if I don't want to lose those skill vendors. So I can't complete the quest to save Amryo or if I complete the quest to save amryo. I can't complete Red's personal quest.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard