Next Thread
Print Thread
#612877 16/09/17 11:19 PM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hey guys, just posted a support ticket after doing some extensive testing with my save games. I have copied the contents of the support ticket down below for visibilty.

Ticket: C98D2C918ABFFD5E224CBC02E0AF4240_S_Dump_pgn0cl22 submitted

Hi Larian QA,

Thank you for the amazing game - can't wait till we get past the teething issues so we can enjoy all the hard work and love that is Original Sin 2!

This crash report is an example of a crash when loading a save game (CRASH LOAD BUG) after returning to Fort Joy once exiting the prison and experiencing the freeze/memory leak issue (FREEZE BUG).

Original Thread: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=611001&nt=5&page=1

As you probably know the issue seems to start occurring somewhere around when you return to Fort Joy after exiting the Prison (basically when the Magisters become hostile). Based on my testing below I don't believe it's simply exiting the prison and then returning. I think there is more to it, possibly something to do with talking to Zaleskar or having the Waypoint for the Hollow Marshes Bridge waypoint unlocked.

My friend and I were playing 2P co-op - after we exited the prison we cleared out some of the Hollow Marshes, then we killed the skeleton pirates, did some trading with Zaleskar, grabbed the Bridges waypoint (not sure of what order we grabbed the waypoint) and then teleported to the Fort Joy Waypoint to start clearing out the Magisters in Fort Joy.

I have uploaded a few of our save games from our play session to my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0P73jc7e5ONcTljUFphSUctQlE

FREEZE BUG: Game freezes when trying to return to Fort Joy after some event occurs in Hollow Marsh.
I am able to reliably recreate this issue by opening the game fresh, loading the 6h52m save, open the menu, and teleport to Fort Joy Square - after about 1 second it will freeze for anything between 30seconds and 2minutes (later saves freeze for longer), then everything will go back to normal.

Whilst testing the FREEZE BUG I found the following occurred with my memory usage:
- After opening the game and loading up the save my memory usage was sitting at 3.3GB.
- After teleporting to Fort Joy, freezes, and memory usage climbs to around 10GB.
- After the game unfreezes, the memory usage has dropped back down to around 4.3GB.

CRASH LOAD BUG: Game crashes when trying to load a save.
I am able to reliably recreate this issue by opening the game fresh, loading the 8h48m save game twice or three times in a row.

Testing I performed on my various saves:
1. 6h15m - This is before we killed the skeleton pirates.
- (FREEZE BUG) I can teleport back without issue.
- (CRASH LOAD BUG) Loads fast. I was able to load this save 10 times in a row without it crashing.
- I consider this to be a post-prison bug free save.

2. 6h52m - After we killed the skeleton pirates and after trading with Zaleskar and getting the Bridges waypoint. This is just before we teleported to Fort Joy waypoint.
- (FREEZE BUG) Instantly freezes when I teleport to Fort Joy waypoint.
- (CRASH LOAD BUG) Loads a bit slower. Crashes on intermittent number of loads. (3 to 5 usually)

3. 7h19m - After we teleported back to Fort Joy, experienced the FREEZE BUG and had started to clear out the Magisters.
- (FREEZE BUG) Already in Fort Joy - Instantly freezes when I teleport to Fort Joy waypoint.
- (CRASH LOAD BUG) Loads slow. Crashes on intermittent number of loads. (3 to 5 usually)

4. 8h48m - We continued clearing out Magisters up to Highlord.
- (FREEZE BUG) Freezes for a very long time, memory actually hit 17GB at one stage!
- (CRASH LOAD BUG) Loads very slowly. Usually crashes on 2nd load.

Thanks again for the hard work. Good luck!

Last edited by jaredfishy; 16/09/17 11:23 PM. Reason: Typos. Punctuation.
T
stranger
stranger
T
This bug is affecting alot of players. After I left Fort Joy the game fixed for me.

Last edited by TkTheus; 17/09/17 01:46 AM.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks we plan to carry on and get out of Fort Joy as quickly as possible.

Primarily posting for visibility to try help the dev/QA team in nailing the cause of the issue.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't think it has something todo with leaving the fort. I had this before, while fighting in the arena but I already had more than ten hours on the clock and the saves where bigger than 7 mb.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
This has to be priority number one, literally unplayable.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Just wanted to point out: I can confirm that this bug happened to me long before I went into the Fort Joy Prison, or even escaped Fort Joy and talked to Zaleskar, so I don't think that's necessarily the cause.

Last edited by Hosaka; 17/09/17 07:26 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I had 17 hours clocked in this game, left Fort Joy by the sewers, but wanted to return. I reloaded a quicksave before I left the Fort, however this is when the hard crashing begins. If people are having issues around this part, I can't believe it is a coincidence, especially after so many hours. Hopefully there will be a fix soon

Samuel Clift Good
C
stranger
stranger
C
having problem at Fort Joy after 30 min of playing ....my computer freezes completely and require a hard reset on it...... dun have this problem on any other games

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard