Ok I may have a fix or at least a temporary one for the crash bugs. I did some fiddling with the files that are in my save files and got it to kinda work. You will still get a little lag when you go from outside Fort Joy to inside it but 5 - 10 secs of lagg is better than crash.
What you will need:
You will need the GR2 Converter program listed here http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605573. Download it and extract that program. Then you will need this file https://ufile.io/fcdks .
What to do:
"READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU TRY"
1. Create new folder called "whatever" on your desktop.
2. Go to where your save files are for the game (this is usually in the my documents folder under Larian Studios ) and select your current profile and the most recent save file ("it will be called "something.lsv") that is bugged.
3. Copy that file to the "whatever " folder on the desktop and change its name to "buggedsave.lsv" and put the levelcache.rar file that you downloaded earlier in the same folder.
4. Create two new folder called "new save game" and "bugged save game" inside the "whatever" folder.
5. Open the GR2 Converter program then click on the tab that says Pak/LSV Tools, under versions choose V13 Divinity Original Sin :EE, Original Sin II.
6. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Package Path and navigate to the "whatever" folder then select your save file.
7. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Extraction/ Source path then choose the "whatever" folder then click folder called "bugged save game" then choose that folder and click ok then select extract package.
8. Go to the "whatever" folder then go to the "bugged folder" and copy all the files inside it then go back to the "whatever" folder and go into the "new save game" folder and paste it inside it.
9. While inside the "new save game" folder delete the folder that says "levelcache" .
10. Go back the "whatever" folder and find the file called levelcache.rar right click and choose extract here then copy the folder "levelcache" and paste it inside the "new saved game" folder.
11. Now open or go back the the GR2 Converter program and in the tab that says Pak/LSV Tools, click on the 3 dots next to the box under Extraction/ Source path then choose the "what ever" folder then click folder called "new save game" and click ok.
12. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Package Path and navigate to the "whatever folder" then under where it says file name enter the exact file name as the original save file (must do this of the game over writes it back to the bugged version) then click ok.
13. Click the button that says create package .
14. Go back to the folder where your save game was originally from and take only the bugged ".lsv" file (leave the image file) that was there and move it some where else secure. Go to the "whatever" folder and copy the new ".lsv" file you just made and paste it in to that folder.
15. Open the game and choose continue, when that save is loading a popup will show that says this file has been tampered with, don't click on it until after the game has loaded. It will do this every time you load the game from this point on i think.
16. This should make the game load and not cause to many problem. READ MY NOTES BELOW
This worked for me as i am on the quest to to free the Elf, use or try at Your own risk. Backups of saves are good.
I don't know the extent as to how this will effect the game later because i just found this bug today.
"This is a levelcache is from an earlier save that was working fine and did not have an issue with forjoy. If it does not work for you or you are further in the game and it does not work, then you may need to find a save file on your system that works fine and do the same swapping for levelcache with it."
If you open your save that you extracted that is bugged and look in the level cache folder you will see fj_fortjoy_main.lsf is about 27 megs or larger than i think it should be, where as if you look at the fj_fortjoy_main.lsf that's part of the file i have linked is about 7 megs. I do not know what this means this is only my finding for want, wait no, needing to play this game :P.
There will still be a transition lag ( about 5 secs or so) when you go from outside Fort Joy to inside it from anywhere else. But as i said 5 secs to play the game compared to CTD or Looping crash or System Crash is way better.
If you have any issue what my steps let me know, this is my first time posting any kinda help like this.