Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Divinity Engine 2 crashes (Glasses has stopped working) whenever an attempt is made to create a new level from an existing one using the "copy" option when creating a new level. This is pretty infuriating as i only wish to put down a few buildings and some props. instead, this issue forces me to create a new level from scratch and is super inconvenient.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Have you added the DLC to the properties on the game (Not the tool)? Make sure you have.

And yes I did experience that. I did a "Verify Intergreti of local files" on the game (Found on properties - local files) and that fixed it.

After an update the problem came back and one verfication did not help, but a second did... I don't know, it's something to try. Good luck.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thanks for the info but it seems that that isn't doin it for me. here is a screenshot of when the error occurs...

[img:center]https://ibb.co/hPs6ok[/img]

...And a screenshot of when I load the engine and level back up...

[img:center]https://ibb.co/dvRcuQ[/img]

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I am having the same problem. I just wanted to load a level to generate a character portrait.

Any ideas on what to do? Tiqon's advice is a bit baffling to me (not his fault, all mine). What properties am I looking at where?

Last edited by Melgrimm; 19/09/17 06:52 AM.
addict
addict
Hey Eberandus,

thanks for the screenshots! Is it possible you run out of memory when copying? Copy is a heavy operation that requires to load the level in twice to make every entity in it unique. What's your PC memory (RAM)?

CTRL+K the elf
Originally Posted by Melgrimm
I am having the same problem. I just wanted to load a level to generate a character portrait.

Any ideas on what to do? Tiqon's advice is a bit baffling to me (not his fault, all mine). What properties am I looking at where?

In Steam, you can right click the game and choose properties. In that screen you have an option to verify the local file integrety (its on the second pane I think, I'm at work so can't check and my old feebleed mind is not sure :D).

But I realize that maybe you have the game from GOG?

Anyways, it should not BE so you have to do this, it just worked for me a couple of time. Could have been a coincident smile.

I hope you all get it to work.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
This is a common problem in another thread as well (link below). I had this issue only on some of the levels, and Larian said they would look closer.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=614361#Post614361

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
i've 16 gigs of ram. I don't run any other programs while making the operation. theoretically that should be more than plenty.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E

[url=https://ibb.co/nHxrOk]Error screenshot[/url]

here is a screenshot of the error when the engine is ran in Admin mode.

addict
addict
Hello everyone,

we have identified the issue with copying levels and are currently working on a fix for this.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
That sounds great smile. Can we, who are just a tiny little bit code/tech savy, maybe get an explanation why this is happening? Just really curious smile.

A
stranger
stranger
A
That's great im excited to be able to link the homestead I built to other lvls so i can travel back and forth.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Any update on a time frame for this?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same thing happens to me. Oddly it only seems to happen on certain levels.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
its now happening to me, this wasnt a problem for me a day ago

A
stranger
stranger
A
Any updates on this

journeyman
journeyman
There has been a couple of updates and patches for the game, but none for the editor. No solution yet. Error still happening randomly.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard