Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kangaxx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Starting in mid Chapter 2 the enemies begin to have like 3-4k shield on top of ~3-4k hp.

A purple equipped player Char at this point does around 200 damage per 2 ap used.

At the same time they begin to attack for 200-300 damage up to 3 times per turn(assassins can get to over 1k damage in a single turn) while your non tanky guys have like 400 hp and ~200 shields. I think my tanky has around ~1,4k effective health and can still get killed by a single trash mob in one turn if he does crit.

You can't cc or burst them because of the absurd shield and hp values and they often come in packs of 5+. Most of the AI range chars also completly ignore LOS and just shoot trough massive objects/ignore smoke etc.

So the only way is to cheese them with 4x teleport and necrofire. Or by using boring perma ooc stealth tactics from high grounds.

Just all that unfunny stuff which has nothing to do with actual tactis and just exploiting the game.

It just doesn't feel very balanced at all tbh. The first Chapter was rather nice and well balanced but the enemy shield values at reaper cost are just so much overdone that you really need full sourcepower for nigh every fight and still have to cheese it.

veteran
veteran
You're playing on Tactician difficulty, I assume? Tactician is poorly balanced and poorly designed.

K
Kangaxx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Stabbey
You're playing on Tactician difficulty, I assume? Tactician is poorly balanced and poorly designed.

Yes I do play on tactician. It's just that I never had those massive gaps on own damage done compared to the shield value of enemies in fort joy.

Sure it was hard but not just plain stupid where you need like 2 full rounds just to get rid of a single enemies shield. oO

Last edited by vometia; 19/09/17 02:19 PM. Reason: formatting
old hand
old hand
There is a small text mod you can use to still play tactician but without such unbalanced HP-Armor-Damage bloat.
No need to start a new game, saves should work.

Until a patch or a full mod comes.

journeyman
journeyman
Even on Classic mode things feel imbalanced once you hit Driftwood as far as enemy stats. Level 10 regular Magisters with 650 hp, 300 pArmor and 200 mArmor that also hit you for 150 damage x2 or 3 when you have 450 health doesn't make sense and it's almost impossible to fully equip your characters with gear good enough to achieve close to the same stats unless you steal literally everything in the game, which shouldn't be forced.

In my line of work, it's never a quiet day on the market.
addict
addict
When does the this kind of health happens? I want to experience it myself before I judge it. I'm constantly reading stuff and cycling between shop to stock up on legendary (pink) gears so I'm only at level 12.6 something atm where stuffs still melt with ease including the voidwoken in that dwarve cave.

I feel like the game expects you to start buying Legendaries now because those are really ridiculous to have. 350 damage per hit at level 12 with 2H just rekt everything and it will probably be 550 or 600 by level 16 judging from the damage spike you can get from just switching from a level 11 to 12. (Added in a physical rune and it was like, 65 damage)

Last edited by Ellezard; 18/09/17 02:04 AM.
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Me and my friends has the same problem. Enemies are outscaling us at a pacing that makes both attrition warfare and the use of clever tactics both pointless. Decided to reroll and give this game one last shot but it's not fun when you have to resort to insane amounts of exploits and cheese to survive most fights. This is on classic btw :P

A
stranger
stranger
A
well considering I'm doing just fine on tact mode at level 16 now with my 2 hander warrior critting for 2k damage with overpower and not exploting any tactics since fort joy just good ol beat the stuffing outta them I really think it's just everyone is undergeared and not keeping up with having all your gear be your level LOL; For reference I have lizard prince 2 hand warfare/geomancer beast tank with warfare geo and hyrdro lohse with ranger/polymorph and Fane as necromancer summoner and Don't have any trouble except for some suprises which is fine considering I'm going into blind

Last edited by akuratheunseen; 18/09/17 05:59 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Classic is fine I am about second half of Act 2 and yeah they hit hard, but the trick is before you engage is to take decent position spread in difficult to reach areas with height advantage where possible.

Also the tactic where you send tank as a bait to take that initial burst works well too.

Also when you talk and you are about to take a kill all shit dialogue or it goes that way (pretty obvious in most cases), you can still select rest of the party members and spread them around, heck you can even initiate yourself - get full AoE magical combo nuke in the juiciest clump while NPCs talk to your tank with something like "hurr durr u gonna die now!".

Basically if you survive the initial round with good results you can probably already CC the biggest nuisances and then shut them down. The rest you can teleport to Africa and if you chose good destination it will take them 2-3 turns to even become relevant.

Of course sometimes retarded shit happens, but really just with above you pretty much have 90% success rate spoiled only by something ridiculous like assassin with adrenaline teleporting and twoshotting some clothie.

Last edited by Gaidax; 18/09/17 10:06 AM.
addict
addict
I'm level 15 now and I have to say that there's absolutely no "Bloated health and armor" issue so far.

Here's my current stat.

https://i.imgur.com/BMcHgYg.jpg

At level 15, my highground normal crit shot does 1000 damage with a legendary crossbow. I have two of them btw so that means every turn, I can focus fire whoever I want and deal 4000 damage right away if I crit on all of them, or 2600 if I don't, not counting the damage Red Prince has to offer with his ridiculous 2H damage.

I respec necromancy out and make my Fane a pure utility tank with Geo, Hydro and Leadership. This gives my whole team ridiculous dodge rate and resist outside Fane who has way too much defense because of the legendary gears he's wearing.

Combined with Evasive aura, enemies just outright press the end turn button. It really tells you how op the combination of Leadership + Evasive aura is that AI decide pressing end turn is the most effective action to take.

So if you're still suffering from the whole "I don't deal enough damage while I get 100-0 real fast", try taking notes of what NPC sell what legendaries because each of them will often sell the same 2 or 3 type of legendaries over and over. In that hour or two to get to the next level ,you should be able to visit all of them and update 60% of your legendaries while stocking on a bunch of useful scroll and arrows.

They even give you random rich trader as you do quests sometime just to give you another source of gold for a quick reset-thievery so you really have no problem with gold in this game.

Last edited by Ellezard; 19/09/17 01:10 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Can't you only stealth from any single person once? How do you do reset/thievery?

stranger
stranger
I appreciate the full lizard group, that's awesome

K
Kangaxx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Arkeus
Can't you only stealth from any single person once? How do you do reset/thievery?

You can reset the counter if you delete/fire one char and just create a new one for free. Put 3-5 points in thievery and rob the merchant again. Delete the char afterwards and higher a new one, repeat this as many times as you like.

That's btw the reason why Ellezard has this much epic gear on every char.

It's just exploiting the game and bragging afterwards. Everyone can do it this way and it makes tactician for sure easy but it is not intended. You can even reload every time until you get the dreamgear you want on the merchant.

Last edited by vometia; 19/09/17 12:58 PM. Reason: formatting
A
stranger
stranger
A
Ah.

Yeah, it's cheesy enough that I don't consider it fun for my playstyle.

veteran
veteran

You don't reset it. It's once per PC at most. Choose wisely. It's only the stealing which triggers that flag, though. Peeking into pockets is repeatable as long as you haven't taken anything.

veteran
veteran
So, exploits the game but says you can do Tactician without exploiting?

I would not even come up with such an obnoxious tactic because it breaks the immersion for me...

K
Kangaxx Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Stabbey

You don't reset it. It's once per PC at most. Choose wisely. It's only the stealing which triggers that flag, though. Peeking into pockets is repeatable as long as you haven't taken anything.

You can't reset the steal counter but to reset the "flagged" char is rather easy, as I described above. wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kangaxx
You can reset the counter if you delete/fire one char and just create a new one for free. Put 3-5 points in thievery and rob the merchant again. Delete the char afterwards and higher a new one, repeat this as many times as you like.

That's btw the reason why Ellezard has this much epic gear on every char.

It's just exploiting the game and bragging afterwards. Everyone can do it this way and it makes tactician for sure easy but it is not intended. You can even reload every time until you get the dreamgear you want on the merchant.

LOL, really? Did they say that's what they're doing somewhere?

If true, that completely discredits their entire defense of Tactician difficulty.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ellezard
They even give you random rich trader as you do quests sometime just to give you another source of gold for a quick reset-thievery so you really have no problem with gold in this game.

Ellezard at least talks about reset-thievery, which sounds like that.

That's why, I said, saying to win Tactician without exploit while using such an exploit counterdicts themselves.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hmm. I dont have any problems getting gear without exploiting. Tbh all you need is one char with high bartering, and actually completing the side quests. you get purple og pink gear on almost all of them. And money has never been an issue except on the tier 3 skills for me so far, and most of thoose are pretty useless except overpower.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard