Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
As is, a large number of abilities (shield related or Scoundrel related) require specific weapons, such as a dagger or a shield.

However, this requirement is not listed anywhere on the spellbook tooltip - it is only listed on the spell tooltip after it has been learned.

This makes it very confusing when learning considering to consume a skillbook - say a mage with a staff considering using a Scoundrel ability that requires a dagger.

X
stranger
stranger
X
To add to this, some skill books read has specific points in a skill but once learned require a different number to cast. I'm not sure how many but I personally found this when buying Spontaneous Combustion from Stingtail. The book tooltip read that it required Pyrokinetic 1. But once learned the actual skill required Pyrokinetic 2.

E
stranger
stranger
E
It's also confusing to see the books say something along the lines of "Warfare skills are skills for warriors. High strength improves these skills." while the blue text shows that it will scale with Intelligence if the selected character has an Intelligence-based weapon equipped.
Example: Battering Ram

Which leads to my next point - it's not possible to tell from a skill description whether the attribute it scales from is fixed or weapon dependent (without switching weapons around which is tedious).

N
old hand
old hand
N
Goodness would it have been so bad for it to say "Scales with your weapon"?

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard