Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mrbig Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
When i'm behind my enemy and i go full backstab mode i noticed only the first hit will crit ( and backstab)

Is this gimp for real or just a bug ?

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
There've been heaps of hotfixes with no patch notes and I can't find a list of known issues anywhere so who knows.

Then again if you actually look at the numbers it really is doing 50% like the offhand is supposed to so maybe it's actually fine.

Last edited by rickbuzz; 19/09/17 03:09 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I think it's backstabbing, but it just doesn't show the message.

If you miss the first attack and backstab on the offhand, you'll see the message. Both have the same damage values even if the message doesn't show.

As mentioned by the previous poster, I think the -50% of dual wielding applies on backstab also hence why it seems lower than the first.

M
mrbig Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Why is off hand even supposed to do 50% damage ? Could you show any reference regarding the matter, I can't see to find it anywhere (surely not in game, at least).

If it's the case, numbers would be correct, still it would be quite a gimp ( and kinda awkward too)

T
T
when you hover over your damage stats (on character screen, not on weapons), there you can see it.

It is offcourse for balance reasons, because doing double normal damage would not be really fair

M
mrbig Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Daggers have 40-50% less damage ( stat wise) when compared to the other melee major damage dealers (mainly 2handers warfare) and require positioning.

Like this, you need positioning to be on par with 2handers, with less armor, with less AoE, and a worse damage scale ( 2 handed increasing 2 times damage and once crit multiplier, compared dual wield increasing once damage and multiplier)

just roll a warrior then.

Mobility is not an issue, warfare has awesome mobility.

Just saying

K
stranger
stranger
K
The Offhand dagger is not affected by backstab(which was not the case in EA) which makes it kinda useless except for certain skills. Most of the time you're better off equipping a spear or even a strength weapon in the offhand.

addict
addict
Backstabbing works fine for me, i.e. my character always crits with both daggers when they backstab, unless they miss of course.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dlux
Backstabbing works fine for me, i.e. my character always crits with both daggers when they backstab, unless they miss of course.

So using daggers with the same base damage listed, you get the same numbers popping up with both hits?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Can anyone else, except dlux, do backstab crit damage on the offhand weapon? Because I can't.
I clearly see how with two identical daggers(11-12 dmg +40%), the first hits for 30 and the second for 15.

K
stranger
stranger
K
It probably applies the -50% from dual wielding on the calculations as well.

And yes, I've seen the backstab message for the offhand weapon. Kinda hard to see it though, you have to miss with your main weapon and hit with the offhand.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by dlux

So using daggers with the same base damage listed, you get the same numbers popping up with both hits?

No... but that is because there is a 50% offhand penalty. think

Check the combat log, the math is correct.

T
T
Originally Posted by libramartin
Can anyone else, except dlux, do backstab crit damage on the offhand weapon? Because I can't.
I clearly see how with two identical daggers(11-12 dmg +40%), the first hits for 30 and the second for 15.

That is correct, offhand always deals 50 percent less, even tho it backstabs. If it didn´t it would deal only 10 damage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard