Print Thread
#615615 19/09/17 10:24 AM
R
Ranik Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Seeing as everyone is working on mods at the moment why not have a skill ideas thread?

So far I'm working on some Warfare / Element cross skills.Fiery Whirlwind, Lightning rush, Frozen cleave things like that.

Overall though, what skills would everyone like to see to fill the gaps? What areas need some love? What seems like it's missing?

Last edited by Ranik; 19/09/17 10:24 AM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
shapeshifting-polymorphing?
claw attacks,and beast forms?

M
stranger
stranger
M
May I ask how do you edit the skills? The only place where I can mess with skills is from the attribute table in the Divine Engine. However the thing which is modifiable there is very limited.
For example, I was trying to create a custom skill to morph the character to a dragon like the skill Dallis_dragonform. But I don't know how to access the script file of the skill so have no control on the mechanism.

R
Ranik Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
When it comes to custom scripted skills like transformations, that's probably up for more advanced modders than I. Something like that may be possible though and would be interesting to see.

V
stranger
stranger
V
As soon as I can access the editor (not yet released for gog owners) I plan on making a mod that gives general transform skills so sheep, cow etc with maybe voidwoken too. I also want to make a "heaven strike" ability that would basically be a beam style orbital strike. With a precision single target version too.

I also had some idea for some buff skills that would give large ammounts to various stats but decrease the opposite. For example. Increase int and wit but lower str and finesse by equal amounts for the duration.

If my friends gf can make me some models I will add some more stuff too.

Last edited by Varacka; 19/09/17 12:14 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
A magical darkness spell (essentially for arena/ai to use against players). blacks out the screen..either everything or just vision/minimap.

R
Ranik Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Belligerence
A magical darkness spell (essentially for arena/ai to use against players). blacks out the screen..either everything or just vision/minimap.

I was thinking of making a smoke breath effect or more smoke creating spells. But i'm not sure how the AI will use them. They may very well screw themselves over.

As far as pure fog of war / blackness that sounds interesting but will require some scripting I believe.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Ranik
Originally Posted by Belligerence

I was thinking of making a smoke breath effect or more smoke creating spells. But i'm not sure how the AI will use them. They may very well screw themselves over.

As far as pure fog of war / blackness that sounds interesting but will require some scripting I believe.

yea no doubt hah. it would be cool. disorient the player, cause attacks of opportunity, make them walk into hazards.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by microcrack
May I ask how do you edit the skills? The only place where I can mess with skills is from the attribute table in the Divine Engine. However the thing which is modifiable there is very limited.
For example, I was trying to create a custom skill to morph the character to a dragon like the skill Dallis_dragonform. But I don't know how to access the script file of the skill so have no control on the mechanism.

https://docs.larian.game/Community:_Stats_editor

And your changed files need to go in Data/Public/YourModName_ReallyLongNumber/Stats/Generated/any other folders needed/.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bringing back a lot of the D:OS1 skills comes to mind.

R
Ranik Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Bringing back a lot of the D:OS1 skills comes to mind.

Any in particular you had in mind?

Currently I'm trying to make a reckless assault skill. A skill similar to All in that damages yourself some in trade for higher damage. I'm using a system similar to Last Rites but the damage to the user is still through the roof even though I modified it. think

Well, in a fully AI controlled fight between a lvl 10 Guard and 3 lvl 8 Flesh golems, The AI did not use the 4 AP fiery whirlwind, and instead chose to use regular whirlwind + ignition. I guess the AI realized I undertuned the damage.

It DID however use my Reckless assault skill when it was near death to finish off a Golem and died in the process.

Last edited by Ranik; 19/09/17 04:56 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard