Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: no
L
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
L
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: no
Originally Posted by Zherot
Look guys there is people that is telling everyone that has a genuine concern with Tactician difficulty that the game is ok and everything is fine, we are just "baddies" that need to "git gud"...

The reality is that this people are exploting the game by abusing system like thievery... some guy claims he left Fort Joy with 30k worth of gold and he could have even left with more.

This people are not playing the game in a "normal" way, most people don't rely on this type of exploits or unbalanced mechanics to play thus we can't claim the game is ok based on what this people are telling.

It is clear that there is something wrong with Tactician specially if you need to resort to this exploits to go through it.

Look, don't get me wrong, if those guys enjoy doing that then i don't care, i just don't want to be forced to do the same to finish the game, it is game breaking and breaks immersion and at that point may aswell just use cheats like infinite health and damage, whatever. Just think about the people that play the game normally and don't abuse the game mechanics like this.


What nonsense did I just read?
You call game perks and talents - exploits?
How can you think of this before?
In the game, theft and trade are just created for this.
You can also choose persuasion or secrecy, and avoid many battles.

If you basically do not want to use the game features - it's just your decision. You can generally pass the game on the first level, without learning skills and talents.

But this is not a normal game. A normal game is just the use of everything that you can.

And, for the moment, this game is very easy on tactics.

Joined: Sep 2017
Location: united states
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: united states
Originally Posted by Zherot
Look guys there is people that is telling everyone that has a genuine concern with Tactician difficulty that the game is ok and everything is fine, we are just "baddies" that need to "git gud"...


The game is not fine, it should be harder. My hope is to see a difficulty level between tactician and honour mode that is more challenging.

Originally Posted by Zherot
The reality is that this people are exploting the game by abusing system like thievery... some guy claims he left Fort Joy with 30k worth of gold and he could have even left with more.


Thievery is not exploiting the game. This is a role-playing game. Think of it as being on the show, "Survivor" and add in sourcery. Your fighting to survive and to become the next divine. It's a bit of everyone against everyone. You choose how you respond to that environment.

Your basically choosing your own fantasy here. Act in accordance to your chosen fantasy. What would you do to go from a collared prisoner with a stained shirt to being the next divine?

EX: One role-playing scenario could be playing the "good guys". No stealing, no random killings, helping everyone you can. A second, separate role-playing scenario could be playing a sneaky assassin who robs everyone blind and murders anyone who is a b*tch to them.

With a party of 4, you could even do several combos of personalities. Why would you want to limit the role-playing experience by taking options out of the game?

Originally Posted by Zherot
This people are not playing the game in a "normal" way, most people don't rely on this type of exploits or unbalanced mechanics to play thus we can't claim the game is ok based on what this people are telling.


There is no normal in DOS2. There is one objective, you becoming the next divine. The journey is up to you, you decide how your journey will play out.

Originally Posted by Zherot
It is clear that there is something wrong with Tactician specially if you need to resort to this exploits to go through it.

Look, don't get me wrong, if those guys enjoy doing that then i don't care, i just don't want to be forced to do the same to finish the game, it is game breaking and breaks immersion and at that point may aswell just use cheats like infinite health and damage, whatever. Just think about the people that play the game normally and don't abuse the game mechanics like this.


Larian developed this game as a journey that you choose to build. They give you the environment, the dialogue, the quests, they even let you mod the game and play game master mode. If your not enjoying this game, then it's not because of the game they designed, it's because of how your choosing to play it.







"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
Joined: Sep 2017
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Rowy

Zherot, on a scale of 1 to extremely mad, how mad are you when you look upon my peasant massacres for gear and XP?
https://imgur.com/a/39gCY

huh? whats wrong with killing peasants?
when I leave the area and have no intention to return I kill everyone not important to me. including shops and bystanders. even if they give me nothing.
I even killed every origin except those in my party in Act1, to remove the temptation of hiring them.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Isn't that slightly, y'know... gratuitous? I'm the sort who tends to get upset if I can't keep people alive, even if they're just some random nobody who was rude to me.

Okay, admittedly except for the male bosmer in Oblivion, but I still didn't go out of my way to pwn them.


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Dec 2016
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2016
People of driftwood really deserve to die for the ridiculous of dissing they give to the glorious lizard master race.

Joined: Sep 2015
N
old hand
Offline
old hand
N
Joined: Sep 2015
I have a hard time understanding why this thread was even created in the first place. It's a singleplayer or coop experience. If some players want to exploit the game, what does it matter to you anyway? They don't take the edge over you like if it was in an MMO or something. So why bother so much?

The rules are made by Larian and it's up to every player to decide which ones they want to exploit or not. They paid to play a game the way they want. There is no issue here whatsoever.

Last edited by Nyanko; 30/09/17 02:05 AM.
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Divinity games are designed around creating what's called "emergent gameplay." Larian has always designed sandboxy RPGs; that's their bread-and-butter. If you don't like that other players are using creative solutions that you restrict yourself from using, that's your fault. Learn to take pride in your own accomplishments rather than assessing your performance relative to others.

Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Zherot
As a matter of fact the devs already made their first move and nerfec lucky charm

Not really... See my post and Baardvark's post in this thread. If anything, Lucky Charm has been buffed.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5