Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi all,

when speaking to Kalias in the cave in Fort Joy as a soldier (e.g. Ifan), he mentions giving a discount, when you pick the [SOLDIER]-answer the first time. But when I want to trade with him, Ifan only gets 4 % discount - with the Red Prince getting the highest one (9 %)...

Shouldn't there be a higher discount?

veteran
veteran
Did you check attitude?

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Uhm, meaning what exactly? Should that change something? Like, no discount for Ifan - although mentioned - since his attitude is too low?

Anyway - Ifan, as soldier, has attitude 0. My main has attitude 10 and the Red Prince attitude 5.

veteran
veteran
Attitude effects prices as well, the more they like someone, the less he has to pay.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ok, yes, I thought so much, but thank you.
Still doesn't solve my problem then, I guess (since Attitude 0 only means he's neutral, right?), as I don't really receive the promised discount.

Edit: Or is there a discount actually? Can anyone confirm that at least?

Last edited by Shednazar; 19/09/17 08:31 PM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
He said we'd get a discount. I'd assumed this meant a discount that doesn't take ones Attitude into account. Like a flat 5% for example, because I'm a soldier.

~ NuttiKrust

veteran
veteran
For me it looks like you got a 4% discount, Ifan gets 4% and Red gets 9%, because he has better attitude towards the trader?

stranger
stranger
It seems that the discount is applied to the whole party. Then after that you get the individual discounts based on attitude.

For instance, my prices with the main character were higher up until I spoke to him with the Red Prince pretending to be a regular lizard. At that point prices fell for the whole party, and my main character who had higher bartering got better prices than the Red Prince.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard