Print Thread
#616497 20/09/17 01:57 AM
X
xDekar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
So I see all this burning fire on the ground and I think "I know I'll cast that Rain skill because Rain stops fire." I click on Rain thinking I'm so smart, it shows this HUGE area it will pour down on...I click again to confirm my genius!
And it puts out maybe 2 character spaces worth of fire in the center only...

WHA!?

I have the cast the skill like 40 times to clear a screen of flame...what is the deal?

In DOS1 I used it all the time with great success, the radius was a bit smaller but everything within that radius was actually affected. DOS2 there is some hidden smaller radius and it doesn't even affect all fire on the ground I notice and I'm not confusing it with cursed fire either.

Anyway it feels like bait and switch.

veteran
veteran
It's kinda strange how it rains for several turns, but it only does anything to fire on the first turn. Well okay, but the cooldown seems too long if it's only going to work on the first turn.

X
xDekar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
[quote=Stabbey]It's kinda strange how it rains for several turns, but it only does anything to fire on the first turn. Well okay, but the cooldown seems too long if it's only going to work on the first turn. [/quote]

My post was actually referencing out of combat usage but you brought up another point I didn't even think about which is also true.

A
A
and lets not even get into the fact that in some areas its ALWAYS raining.. and yet fire has no trouble starting there.. and then adding rain ontop of the background rain to put out fires is silly...

addict
addict
The problem with rain is that the only thing that douse the fire is the extra water floor it creates.

The rain just make people wet so you can apply frozen/stunned later since it counts as stage 1 of the hard cc.

Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
The problem with rain is that 80% of the fire in this game is necrofire that can't be doused. Honestly my token mage only has it on the bars to set up freezes now, it's way unreliable and way too easy to ignore vs fire-spammers.

I wish you could bless the rain to douse necrofire. It's such a nuisance ability that takes way too much to get rid of, given how most enemies able to produce necrfire can just continue spamming it the turn after you doused it -- making you wonder why you bothered.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Ellezard
The rain just make people wet so you can apply frozen/stunned later since it counts as stage 1 of the hard cc.

Or throw in a contamination for large poison AOE. >:D

T
T
and then ignition.. for large fire aoe!

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
[video]https://youtu.be/RkU-WJJny3s?t=13[/video]

Well that's not working as intended... smirk

Last edited by NuttiKrust; 20/09/17 12:08 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard