Next Thread
Print Thread
#616581 20/09/17 05:19 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Can't figure out how to regroup my party. I used the pyramids to group up two character but then I got stuck behind locked doors without my thief. I can't solo those large bug voidkin bugs at level 11 (even though I've been thieving 4x everything and my team has great gear)

Any tips would be helpful. Going to try and put the pyramid on my Thief and see if I can lockpick the doors.

I feel like I'm missing something because this seems like a strong progression blocker.

E
stranger
stranger
E
There are keys and holes to get out... move stuff out of the way and search around.

R
stranger
stranger
R
had a really hard time there, too.
Teleport Gloves and jumping skills were useful.
Try to move Forward with the Charakter which can move best and unite with the others one by one.

You should do the master siva quest before you go to the cave and buy a lot of potions and scrolls before you go down there.
Had to try it 2 times, after i was too weak the first time (wasted like 2 hours :D)

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
You do know you can move the pyramids around in inventory of the players that are on their own, right? smile

So, you got 2 grouped? Move a pyramid into the inventory of one of the solo ones, teleport and hey, presto, you got 3. Rinse and repeat for the last member of your party and voila, you are complete smile

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
It's incredibly easy (and cheesy) to regroup party.
Because they didn't disable the waypoints.
So basically you can instantly regroup by sending one by one all the char to the same waypoint.

addict
addict
If you plan on doing it without the way point, start with the person who wakes up in a room with the npc that sell items. The fight gives you way to just win against the void woken by jumping or climbing up to a high place as they can't get to you.

Then make your way to the ship room, then the red egg room, then the last room. If you do it in that order, you won't need to teleport. Also, you get to unlock the waypoint in the center of the cave as you run from one room to another to help regroup.

Last edited by Ellezard; 23/09/17 12:01 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i think they intended this to be extremely difficult (and it is, if you aren't used to how waypoints work or don't have teleporting pyramids handy), but it's actually very easy to do if one of your characters that can move freely (isn't in the room with the dwarf, or in the egg chamber with tons of enemies) can defend themselves from a few voidwoken and can make it to the waypoint. like someone earlier said, they didn't disable waypoints, so as soon as one of your characters discovers the waypoint you can just teleport everyone to that waypoint individually, foregoing most of the exploring in the cave

or maybe i'm wrong and that's how they intended it to go

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
You can also avoid being kidnapped. By just teleporting to the ship below at the ambush site.

enthusiast
enthusiast
lol, I had no idea waypoints were active, when I did it, I did it straight as an arrow righteous and honorable knight style, used my tank to bash occasional voidwoken to pulp as he ran around freeing everyone else, the room with a bunch of eggs last, there was a big fight.

I also broke up ranger by jumping around and both of them had no problem dealing with voidwalken in the tunnels.

But the if I'd notice that waypoint thing it would have been easier, will remember it in tact playthrough

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am in the cave at level 10, and it's not hard to figure out how to do it. My tank just happened to spawn by the NPC dwarf. Once the big bug spawned, I climbed the ladder back up and slowly took out the bug. It was then a matter of getting the tank to the ranger who was in the first turn of the battle with another big bug. Once the two of them killed it, then it was just a matter of mopping up the rooms, and working my way to the summoner/thief locked in battle with the two possessed dwarves. I haven killed them yet, but it should be no breeze with the three of them. After that it's on to the egg chamber to get my wizard out. I suppose I could teleport him away, but what's the fun in that. When I cam across a door I couldn't unlock, I could beat it open. Haven't needed the tunnels yet. I think it's a really fun part of the game so far, making it more survival horror than RPG.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Sounds like I missed a lot of fun in that place: I used movement skills to jump fromt he cliffs down to the beach with the wrecked ship, found a waypoint and that back entrance to Wrecker's Cave – sneaked in and dealt with Mordus right in the beginning, then fighting my way to the other side of the cave.

I thought it was intended to have this option given it made sense to reward players who find the back entrance with some advantage, but it sounds like it made me miss this nice, scripted event. I'll keep that in mind and not sneak in from the back next time. laugh

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Akka
It's incredibly easy (and cheesy) to regroup party.
Because they didn't disable the waypoints.
So basically you can instantly regroup by sending one by one all the char to the same waypoint.

I just did this, particularly because they sent my support character in the middle of a million bugs with no chance of escaping. If they were going to be assholes about the whole situation, allow me to act first.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Just finished this last night with a solo lvl 11 2-hander. Of course with only one character, I did not have to find everyone, but I think I found everyplace anyway. I started in the bug room, immediately went invisible and got out of there. Let everything reset, then went back when I could control the battle.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think some of you forgot you can just port out to regroup? heh...

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard