Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
D00med Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Currently the skill is arguably useless. With the AI 2.0 introduced, any avatar equipped with a shield is likely to be targeted last, and even with taunt it doesn't guarantee they will be targeted. Ideally the ability needs to guarantee targeting. Then last more turns or be able to be used through an enemies armour to make it not useless.

This skill needs to be useful for tank builds to be viable. As this ability is currently a crap tier skill, any kind of avatar equipped with a shield and taunt is behaving more like the Stench talent and being ignored by the AI. Which I don't think was the developers intention?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Yup, it definitely needs to guarantee targeting, I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone run past a tank that's taunted them, and attack a squishy. I took taunt off my action bar, but randomly gained it as an enchant on my weapon.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Agreed; it's really frustrating when I'm trying to control things by casting taunt, only to have the AI look at me like:
[Linked Image]

~ NuttiKrust

Last edited by NuttiKrust; 20/09/17 09:16 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Taunt is completely useless.
By the time you can affect an enemy with it, it's a better option to cripple them or knock them down.

It needs increased range and to completely ignore both armors.

T
T
Agreed.

(Also, am I alone in thinking that "AI 2.0" is kinda bad from a gameplay perspective? Every grunt is now a tactical genius and battlefield strategist... I don't mind high-int characters and special NPCs being clever in combat, they should be! But with the abundance of teleporting skills and perches for archers, my backline Fane getting tunnelled is getting kinda old. It's actually tank build 2.0 -- be as squishy as you can be and run around screaming (and healing as required) so all mobs train you, then have your actual damage dealers take them down one by one with total impunity. Intended?)

Last edited by Terodil; 20/09/17 12:10 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Agreed. Absolutely worthless skill right now.

If nothing else, I need a method of making it so that I can give my glass cannon character some breathing room, because otherwise the entire enemy team will stop at nothing to permanently CC that character no matter where they stand or how many tauntless tanks they have to ignore.

veteran
veteran
I agree with this. Given how small the radius is (4 meters), it needs to ignore all armor, and even then it probably needs a small-ish radius increase. Or have long range, but be switched to single-target instead of everyone in the radius.

Last edited by Stabbey; 20/09/17 01:28 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Agreed.

Taunt doesnt even prevent enemies from running around and casting spells.

D
D
Didn't i remember taunt need to bypass phys armour like other CCs in DOSS 2? When I first see this I thought wtf smile

There is a mod that fixes taunt. Makes it ignore both magic and physical armor. You can find it either on the nexus mod site, or on steam. Just type "taunt' in the search bar in steam and you should get it.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 21/09/17 05:54 AM.

Moderated by  Elwyn, gbnf, Larian_Koala 

Link Copied to Clipboard