Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
stranger
stranger
F
The Divinity Engine 2 has been giving me the same problem. I ran "DivinityEngine2.exe" directly from the folder where it is installed. I also verified the local files via Steam. My editor seems to run correctly now and I can load some of the included content. Not sure which one of the 2 solved the problem though.

JR Stofberg
stranger
stranger
I'm also still getting Glasses error without error messages on screen.

Linked below are logs from Divinity Engine 2 folder. I'd be grateful if someone smarter and/or wiser can deduct what's going on.

DEngine 2 log folder.

Edit: Also here is a visual representation of Divinity 2 related paths on my computer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hrle491zc52bc7/paths.jpg?raw=1. The two Divinity game folders seem to share same subfolders...

If paths are searched by going up on the folder tree, having Divinity 2 in different Steam folder than Divinity Engine might be related to the errors I'm getting.

Last edited by Naamapokemen; 26/09/17 08:27 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I had this same issue. The engine would crash w/ a message stating mentioning something about Glasses not working.

After some investigation, I noticed the 'Divinity Engine Data' dlc had not completed its install yet. Open the Divinity Original Sin 2 Properties window > DLC tab > Divinity Engine 2 Data 'STATE' column. The state was 'Installing' for me.

After confirming the 'Divinity Engine 2 Data' finished installing, I was able to use the Divinity Engine 2 without anymore crashes from problems with 'Glasses'. I assume the root cause for my case were the missing or locked assets from the DLC while it was downloading.

Hopefully this helps someone. 'Glasses has Stopped Working' is a pretty vague error; there might be multiple causing it...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Arfurboy
Open the Divinity Original Sin 2 Properties window > DLC tab > Divinity Engine 2 Data 'STATE' column. The state was 'Installing' for me.

After confirming the 'Divinity Engine 2 Data' finished installing, I was able to use the Divinity Engine 2 without anymore crashes from problems with 'Glasses'.

In my case that isn't probably the issue, because state is 'installed'. Thanks for your suggestion, though. Appreciated.

C
stranger
stranger
C
So I finally got it to work and the way I fixed it was simple.
Originally steam had been in my program files (x86). Since thats where steam was I set the path to Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Divinity Original Sin 2 > Data. I tried everything from deleting packs and verifying files and eventually I simply moved steam in its entirety from Program Files (x86) to Program Files and changed the path to Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Divinity Original Sin 2 > Data. I suggest trying other things as well since i basically did everything before this including a full reinstall so im not sure if one or more things are required.

C
stranger
stranger
C
(Edit) when I said I changed my path to Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Divinity Original Sin 2 > Data, I meant Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > Divinity Original Sin 2 > Data, forgot to get rid of the (x86) sorry thats my bad

G
stranger
stranger
G
If it helps anyone else having this issue, I managed to fix it by doing the following:

1. In the Steam Library page for Divinity: Original Sin 2. Scroll down to the DLC section and ensure "Divinity Engine 2 Data" is checked and installed.

2. The first time I booted the editor, I picked an incorrect Data Path. It cannot be the root Divinity: Original Sin 2 directory. It must be the Data folder inside. This can be changed after the fact by going to steamapps/common/The Divinity Engine 2/Config.xml and changing the URL inside the <DataPath> tags.

David Nishball
apprentice
apprentice
Any news on a fix yet ? I am guessing you need an editor update ?

- Crash on copy from existing levels... .

apprentice
apprentice
Looks like it is any level that has the "This Item is overridden from another project" icon (blue spanner) This causes the crash / Glasses has stopped working.

You can copy a level that has the orange "This Item is inherited from a diffrent project"

G
stranger
stranger
G
[quote=Grug]If it helps anyone else having this issue, I managed to fix it by doing the following:

1. In the Steam Library page for Divinity: Original Sin 2. Scroll down to the DLC section and ensure "Divinity Engine 2 Data" is checked and installed.

2. The first time I booted the editor, I picked an incorrect Data Path. It cannot be the root Divinity: Original Sin 2 directory. It must be the Data folder inside. This can be changed after the fact by going to steamapps/common/The Divinity Engine 2/Config.xml and changing the URL inside the <DataPath> tags. [/quote]

Editing the Path in the Config File worked for me.
Thanks for that :)

Maximilian Lippold
stranger
stranger
Thanks Grug and others who helped!
I wrote earlier that I have two Divinity Original Sin 2 folders for some reason. And indeed I had picked the wrong one. Editing the config.xml data path got me started.

Hats off for your help thankyou

apprentice
apprentice
Editor is set to the correct "data" directory. Editor works great apart from trying to COPY an existing level. It seems to be the GM mode ones.

XML Config..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RenderShadowProxies>true</RenderShadowProxies>
<AutoReloadAIGrid>false</AutoReloadAIGrid>
<CullRatio>0</CullRatio>
<AssertsEnabled>false</AssertsEnabled>
<OpenMessagePanelOnError>true</OpenMessagePanelOnError>
<MaxCommandHistory>40</MaxCommandHistory>
<MemoryTiming>1</MemoryTiming>
<TextureAtlasIconPath />
<DataPath>D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\</DataPath>
<DisplayExtraInfo>false</DisplayExtraInfo>
<UseMinimalChecks>true</UseMinimalChecks>
<UseP4>false</UseP4>
<LoadModuleCache>false</LoadModuleCache>
<LoadLevelCache>false</LoadLevelCache>
</config>

Here is the crash data... and it looks like it is an unhandled exception on a path name too long.
I am moving my steam library to a new location (shorter path) to see if it fixes it.
Might explain while some people see it and some dont and it seems to be on certain levels.

Application: DivinityEngine2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.PathTooLongException
at System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName()
at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(System.String, Boolean, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(System.String)
at LSCSharpCore.Path.set_StringPath(System.String)
at LSFrameworkPlugin.MLightProbe.ReplaceModFolder(LSCSharpCore.Path ByRef, System.String)
at LSFrameworkPlugin.MLightProbe.SetFileNameWithoutNotify(LSCSharpCore.Path)
at LSFrameworkPlugin.MGameObjectController.SetValidGameObjectFileName(LSToolFramework.Entity)
at LSToolFramework.EntityController.AddNewObject(LSToolFramework.Entity, Boolean)
at EoCPlugin.LevelTemplatePlugin.ExplodeLevel(EoCPlugin.MLevelTemplate)
at EoCPlugin.LevelPlugin.OnLevelStarted(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at LSToolFramework.PluginService.OnLevelStarted(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at LSToolFramework.ServiceManager.OnLevelStarted(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at EoCPlugin.EoCPluginClass.raise_LevelStarted(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at <Module>.EoCPlugin.GameStateListener.OnGameStateChanged(EoCPlugin.GameStateListener*, ecl.GameStateChangedEvent*)
at EoCPlugin.EoCPluginClass.Update(Double, Single)
at LSToolFramework.TickService.Update(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at <Module>.main(System.String[])

Last edited by Scottworld; 02/10/17 02:11 PM.
addict
addict
We investigated and are fixing the Copy Existing crash. It will be included in our next editor patch.
(It is indeed as the call stack suggests an issue with the path being longer than the system's allowed maximum for the used IO functions. Mainly happens on GM levels because of their long names.)

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 02/10/17 02:35 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
apprentice
apprentice
And it looks like moving the stream library to a path that contains less characters fixes it.

Try moving your steam library from under \program files (x86)\etc etc

REMEMBER to update your config.xml to the new DATA directory location.

It seems once you get a path that is too long in characters it causes the exception and crash.
It may have a lot to do with the format of the GM module naming convention of using a long unique character set... in this case "ModuleName_48678138-d3d8-41db-80f7-a49c254af959"

<attribute id="Module" value="48678138-d3d8-41db-80f7-a49c254af959" type="23" />
<attribute id="Name" value="HellsKeep" type="23" />
<attribute id="Type" value="Add-on" type="23" />
<attribute id="UUID" value="8f641562-e5ca-4a51-ae20-3ee471013f0a" type="23" />

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks for that update... hehe

Confimed my suspicions
Glad you have a fix.

Thanks... I shall feel slightly smug now all day. ahhh it is the little things in life.

apprentice
apprentice
Sounds like the MAX_PATH limitation (which is around 240-260 characters or so) of Windows versions below Windows 10:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247(VS.85).aspx

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I was wondering if this was ever actually resolved. I have all the relevant DLC and the correct data path but after several attempts I've never been able to get the editor working, I always get "glasses has stopped working" when trying to enter the sandbox or any other level. Deleting my test level and creating a new one doesn't work.

It's quite frustrating; although I'm just a tinkerer rather than someone who uploads mods, it would be nice to be able to mod the game but so far it's not happening...

J'aime le fromage.
M
stranger
stranger
M
^^ I'm in the same boat.
If i start with an empty level and try to create a terrain it always crashes when i try to assign mat. resource.
If i use the basic level and edit it - it seems to crash randomly.
Both times = 'Glasses has stopped working'.
I have dlc checked / checked path was right / verified files.
Editing the basic level seems to work as long as you save every 5 mins.
Hopefully a fix soon...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by vometia
I was wondering if this was ever actually resolved. I have all the relevant DLC and the correct data path but after several attempts I've never been able to get the editor working, I always get "glasses has stopped working" when trying to enter the sandbox or any other level. Deleting my test level and creating a new one doesn't work.

It's quite frustrating; although I'm just a tinkerer rather than someone who uploads mods, it would be nice to be able to mod the game but so far it's not happening...

Are you using the GOG or Steam version?

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Windemere
Are you using the GOG or Steam version?

I'm using the Steam version. Which was perhaps inadvisable, but I wanted the shiny of the achievements.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard