Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kultyz
i have the feeling they are taking a more aggressive stance towards DHL/Happyshops

I hope you're right, because my situation is getting worse.

Just as expected, GLS tracking sent me a warning today , something along the line of ;

"Oh wow, our delivery vehicle can't find your home! Damn, what a shame. You need to update your informations if you want us to deliver it to you!"

Oh, okay, how do I update my information?

"Call us. It's only 0.90€/min."

Yep, that's extortion alright. So before calling them (heh) I send an email to Happyshop.

"Sorry sir, nothing we can do. Call them."

So I gave in. Called them. It's not like I have a choice.

After 10 long, expensive and infuriating silent minutes later (9€) I can hear a voice on the phone.

Automatic answering machine.

I punch a hole in my wall.

So I call again. This time directly to the management.
Finally I can get my hands on someone.

"Sorry, we can't help you. But we have your tracking files. We're missing the NUMBER of your house. We have your street and your town tho."

okay. Can I just tell you my address again?

"Nah. You need to update your tracking information yourself on the website."

Alright. So I go on the website, put my tracking ID in it aaaand...

"/!\ We can't find your parcel in GLS database /!\"

kill me

Edit : So I called again. This time I wasn't as courteous as the first call. Gave her my phone number and called the warehouse directly.
They are supposed to deliver it tomorrow now. Fingers crossed. crazy

Last edited by Dopelgingembre; 26/09/17 02:45 PM. Reason: What a mess. And my english is still awful. Sorry.

Sauce Hunter
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dopelgingembre
Originally Posted by Kultyz
i have the feeling they are taking a more aggressive stance towards DHL/Happyshops

I hope you're right, because my situation is getting worse.

Just as expected, GLS tracking sent me a warning today , something along the line of ;

"Oh wow, our delivery vehicle can't find your home! Damn, what a shame. You need to update your informations if you want us to deliver it to you!"

Oh, okay, how do I update my information?

"Call us. It's only 0.90€/min."

Yep, that's extortion alright. So before calling them (heh) I send an email to Happyshop.

"Sorry sir, nothing we can do. Call them."

So I gave in. Called them. It's not like I have a choice.

After 10 long, expensive and infuriating silent minutes later (9€) I can hear a voice on the phone.

Automatic answering machine.

I punch a hole in my wall.

So I call again. This time directly to the management.
Finally I can get my hands on someone.

"Sorry, we can't help you. But we have your tracking files. We're missing the NUMBER of your house. We have your street and your town tho."

okay. Can I just tell you my address again?

"Nah. You need to update your tracking information yourself on the website."

Alright. So I go on the website, put my tracking ID in it aaaand...

"/!\ We can't find your parcel in GLS database /!\"

kill me

Edit : So I called again. This time I wasn't as courteous as the first call. Gave her my phone number and called the warehouse directly.
They are supposed to deliver it tomorrow now. Fingers crossed. crazy

that sucks and about those phone calls... i've made 2 calls by now so also spent a good amount on them and also on the second (by not being so friendly) they gave me that it should arrive between September 28th and October 5th and i kinda went mad on them and they said they would try to deliver it sooner then that "if possible".... that's the most i managed from them.

After my last email to Larian i received info they are pressing them and coincidence or not i received a new update on delivery status from DHL right after that, it's not much but at least know i know where it is (just not how long it will take to get here, but still progress is progress).

Hope you get yours tomorrow tho!

T
stranger
stranger
T
Damn talk about horrible customer support. Hope you'll get your package soon! And that you dont run into my issue of a non working steam code....
Luckily I have a large enough steam catalogue that keeps me busy.

My tracking info still says it is in Germany.
No meaningful updates for over a week.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Finally got my tracking number from Happyshops. Yay. Things are moving already.

Last edited by Estel; 26/09/17 04:47 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Seems I am among the lucky folks here. After posting in another thread over on the general forum, I found this long litany of pain. That eased my concern a little. Now, performing my evening ritual of checking the tracking state, my parcel finally made it to the destination country, and is now awaiting customs processing. To recapitulate:

Sep 9th: announcement of the shipping announcement
Sep 12th: tracking information (usually means it ships the next day)
Sep 18th: it actually ships
Sep 19th: passes through export
Sep 26th: arrives in Switzerland

If progression continues at that rate, I should have it in 3 weeks. Seriously, everything looked good until the 12th. I've honestly never had to wait that long between getting tracking information and the goods actually shipping, nor for the transfer from Germany to Switzerland. I know it's nothing that Larian can influence, other than being diligent in choosing their fulfilment partner and not totally cheap with the actual shipping option, but that is certainly leaving a sour taste to the whole thing.

Just to compare: last week I got a shipment from Poland, via DHL. Announced and shipped on 21st, arrived at my door on 22nd. So it's not as if fast isn't possible!

veteran
veteran
Update: Still no e-mails or communication from anyone at all.

Yeah, I have no idea what kind of shipping option those people at HappyShops chose... they could let your package travel with hitchhikers and you'd still have it faster.
I was just browsing a German review site for HappyShops, and only 34% of the reviews were positive. That definitely explains why I hadn't heard of them before... no company who has ever dealt with them, will want to hire them a second time.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by The Centaur
Yeah, I have no idea what kind of shipping option those people at HappyShops chose... they could let your package travel with hitchhikers and you'd still have it faster.
I was just browsing a German review site for HappyShops, and only 34% of the reviews were positive. That definitely explains why I hadn't heard of them before... no company who has ever dealt with them, will want to hire them a second time.
That is bollocks.

Apparently French results are 2% happy (98% shit) and Danish are 99% happy.

What do you want Larian to do? Go to DHL and say they'll never again send a few dozen packages?

DHL (being a big shipper) would obviously shit themselves if they didn't get another contract for 1000 moany bastards at €2 profit each.

lx07, note that I wasn't talking about DHL or how happy people in different countries are with DHL... I am talking about HappyShops, who handles the distribution... because I really don't think DHL is the main problem here. They have different shipping and tracking options, at different price ranges and with different speeds... so a lot depends on which option you choose.

Also, if you look at for example ka1man's experience:
> Sep 9th: announcement of the shipping announcement
> Sep 12th: tracking information (usually means it ships the next day)
> Sep 18th: it actually ships

That's more than a week between HappyShops sending out the emails, and HappyShops actually handing over the box to DHL. You definitely cannot blame DHL for that delay.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
A cynical person might wonder if Larian paid them such-and-such an amount up front to get the parcels shipped in a timely manner and that they instead chose the cheapest possible shipping option and trousered the rest of the cash.

J'aime le fromage.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Fair enough. If I was Larian I'd certainly not use HappyShopper again.

Can't see what they can do about it though (apart from sending out free keys on the off chance).

It is only less than 1000 people affected and they sold 500,000 in the first week.

If it was me I'd send everyone another key as an apology and then if the box turned up after 3 weeks no-one would care.

veteran
veteran
How do you know it's "less than 1000" people? You don't. There are certainly other backers who pledged on the Kickstarter who are still waiting for their packages - or in some cases, to hear anything at all.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Any statement other than 'get f*cked' and lying about when they shipped packages out would have been a start. As well as maybe not ignoring every support ticket sent. Larian screwed up pretty majorly and isn't taking any responsibility. I'm done with this company.
I filed my PayPal claim, hopefully I just get my refund and can move on. My group started the playthru without me since, you know, it never came. Regardless of how slow HappyShops is, Larian didn't drop many the packages off until the game already launched, and later lied about if/when many of them left.

Ffs, they can't even respond on their own forums.

Well, it's less than 1000 people who don't have a game key yet... all the Kickstarter people already have a game key from larianvault, and by now, part of the 1000 CE pre-orders have already received a key because their box was only shipped out on the 22nd. Add to that the small group of testers who are also still waiting for their CE and game key... so yes, I think the "less than 1000" is accurate.

You're right Stabbey, there are a lot more who are still waiting to receive the physical goods that they ordered. But at least those can already play the game while waiting for them.

Originally Posted by TechnoMagi2
Larian... later lied about if/when many of them left.

Wait... what? Exactly where did they lie?

Last edited by The Centaur; 26/09/17 08:34 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
There's emails posted in the other CE thread. Such as on the first page, the global announcement email that they would all be shipped out on the 14th. Launch day. Which is pathetic enough, considering it used a download code. Not like shipping it out a day early would mean anyone would be playing before launch.

Larian DID indeed give HappyShops the instruction to ship out the CEs on the 14th (exactly as they also advertised on the shop.larian.game pre-order website)... they didn't lie about that.
That HappyShops messed up these instructions and managed to still not have all CEs shipped before the 22nd, angered the support people at Larian as well... so even though it was Larian who hired HappyShops, Larian themselves did not INTENTIONALLY provide us with false information... in other words, it's not correct to say they "lied" about this.

You're right, though, it would have been a lot better if they had started shipping a week earlier (especially for the overseas shipments)... no idea why they didn't. Maybe some of the items weren't finished before that date?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Centaur
You're right, though, it would have been a lot better if they had started shipping a week earlier (especially for the overseas shipments)... no idea why they didn't. Maybe some of the items weren't finished before that date?

I wondered if it might've been something silly like Valve getting pissy about the Steam codes being issued earlier than the release date, though I'm not sure about that as I don't really see why considering all the backers already had theirs; though in hindsight it would've been much better if the codes had been emailed out instead of put in the box, that way people who are still waiting to have it delivered could be playing. Hopefully they'll bear that in mind for next time...

J'aime le fromage.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Doubt valve would care. They usualy just lock the game for play untill release day.
And yeah they should of just mailed. Not only are some still waiting for a code, others have codes that don't work.
What pisses me off right now is the fact they havent even replied to this forum once.
Best way to really piss people off is making them feel ignored...

P
stranger
stranger
P
[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard