Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
I
stranger
stranger
I
I haven't had any updates on my parcel for over a week, emailed Larian no response. It's still last scanned in Germany on the 19th.

What a trainwreck this is. SO pissed.

If they sent out keys on release day then it took 3 weeks for the physical stuff to arrive I wouldn't care but snail mailing a cdkey is about 20 years obsolete.

veteran
veteran
So, I received my CE today (I'm U.S. based). My tracking info updated (today as well) with the remaining three steps.

Tue, 26.09.17 14:36 United States The shipment has been successfully delivered
Tue, 26.09.17 08:35 United States The shipment has been loaded onto the delivery vehicle
Tue, 26.09.17 06:48 United States The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot

It was packed in a rather frail cardboard box that was pretty much the same size as the Collector's Edition box, with zero protection between it and the CE. Because of this, the CE suffered damage. I'm no boxing expert, but it doesn't take a genius to predict that would happen on a trip across the world.

The corners of the CE box are smashed in, and the velvet-lined dice tray that makes up the bottom of the CE has a tear along the edge about a third of the length of the CE. The velvet on the inside is ripped and there's an open tear to the other side.

The books seem to be in good condition - still shrink wrapped, as is the map; I haven't opened them yet.

There's a rather disappointing pamphlet manual, a far cry from the thick booklet shown in the Kickstarter concept image.

I haven't looked at the statue yet, being rather frustrated with the condition of the CE box - which would have been easily preventable with some reasonable packing material.

Pretty disappointing. Hope you all fare better.

apprentice
apprentice
got mine several days ago..

feel so good!

https://imgur.com/a/MriZQ

apprentice
apprentice
aaaaaaa the books looks awesome. stupid

Sauce Hunter
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dopelgingembre
aaaaaaa the books looks awesome. stupid

The books are really nicely done. Definitely the highlight of the CE.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
The two previous Divinity artbooks were a bit short on content, so I can't wait to see the two new books filled with more stuff. biggrin

Sauce Hunter
The two previous Divinity artbooks were a bit short on content, so I can't wait to see the two new books filled with more stuff. biggrin

Well, I don't know what you're hoping for... I absolutely love the quality of these books, but the game is huge, and the art book is 'only' 160 pages... so don't expect the whole game to be in there...

apprentice
apprentice
Oh uh.
What I meant is the two previous books were a bit short or/and compressed.

Divinity Original Sin 1 book had 42 pages with lot of big illustrations crammed into a single page.

Divinity Anthology book (not really an artbook) had a 32 pages portfolio at the end. But the book was A5, and that small format couldn't do justice to the work done in pre-production.

So...Yeah. If the artbook is "only" (hah!) 160 pages and A4, then consider that I'm already really REALLY happy. stupid

Last edited by Dopelgingembre; 27/09/17 01:18 PM.

Sauce Hunter
So...Yeah. If the artbook is "only" (hah!) 160 pages and A4, then consider that I'm already really REALLY happy. stupid

smile So was I when I saw the books.

apprentice
apprentice
Finally received my CE. The books are amazing.

Neat. party

Sauce Hunter
T
stranger
stranger
T
nice to see people getting their CE. Still waiting for mine as it was in transit and was returned to sender half way through... Tried contacting Happyshops by mail but it seems it has been left in the dust.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm still waiting on my CE and, because of the language barrier, cannot get the DHL in Germany to provide me with information. They updated the status five days ago to say they were providing the package to USPS. Contacted USPS and they still haven't received anything from DHL in Germany.

Larian finally got back to me, told me to expect an update on my package on Monday. Didn't happen. I'm being nice to poor Cederic, who has to deal with me on top of everyone else's issues, but I am working very hard not to royally blow up on DHL and Happyshops.

Update: For those outside of Germany who are still waiting: I spoke with DHL USA, who forwarded me to DHL International, who basically told me DHL Germany isn't actually DHL, but the Dutch Post who operates under the DHL name. Unfortunately, the Dutch Post will not communicate in any other language except German regarding packages, and their DHL website only accepts inquiries if you have both the sender/receiver information, weight, etc.

So, if you want to find out what is happening with your package, and it is still being held by the Dutch Post, and you don't speak German, you are well and truly fucked.

Last edited by Stragus; 27/09/17 06:36 PM.
stranger
stranger
You're serious, huh. Why in the fuck do they operate under the DHL name but have nothing to do with them? Why isn't Larian pressing them harder about this shit? Why can't DHL international do anything about it?

This is quite the shit show.

stranger
stranger
The same goes for me, I didnt recive the mail and i dont have any clue about the Kickstarter C.E. that i backed.

Last edited by Darnite; 27/09/17 10:02 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
My package still wasn't handed over to the GLS by Happyshops and I got my tracking number from them on 18th September. This is seriously starting to take bit too long.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Vaxid
You're serious, huh. Why in the fuck do they operate under the DHL name but have nothing to do with them? Why isn't Larian pressing them harder about this shit? Why can't DHL international do anything about it?

This is quite the shit show.

Because they likely are not actually DHL but a contractor/sub contractor paid to handle their freight in that region. Common in transport industry.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Update from France: Still no e-mails or communication from anyone at all.

stranger
stranger
Finally, 2 weeks after launch, my CE comes in today. It didn't update on the tracking for an entire week.

This whole ordeal has made me realize how impatient I've become as an adult. Granted, if I were running the campaign, I probably would've shipped the Kickstarter CEs a week or 2 early. I have a lot of experience with overseas purchasing, but nothing from Germany before.

I really juat don't want to be angry anymore. I want my package to come in good condition, I wanna put my Fane statue in a case, and use my CE box for all its worth.

Granted, I'm not sure if it was just the timing, but I saw movement after I messaged Larian about it. If my CE box is ruined btw, I guess I'll have to contact them again. Hopefully they have replacements lying around.

Figured I'd say aomething. I myself, like many others, was a bit outraged at the rate this was shipping out, especially for Kickstarter backers. But if you compare this to other Kickstarters with physical rewards, not many of them even deliver within the same month.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I received my CE not so late but my steam key is already used, somebody know what to do in this situation ?
Did anybody receive another one by mail or something ? I send some email to Larian but no answer and I started a refund demand on paypal but nothing is working with them. Don't tell me that I'll have to buy another key Larian.

Wolfeon, you did the right thing by sending an email to Larian support... you should receive a replacement key from Larian support once they read your email (several people have run into the same issue, and have already received replacement keys). But it appears that Larian support have a backlog of at least 5 days due the large amount of support requests they receive (also from many people playing the game and running into issues). So it may take a while... a Paypal refund request won't help to speed that up (that may only complicate things further). So at this stage, I fear you will just have to be patient a little longer...

[edit] fixed typos

Last edited by The Centaur; 28/09/17 12:28 PM.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard