Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Would someone please [b]clearly[/b] explain what exactly is wrong with initiative? I've heard its broke and seen some chatter on it but I am unable to follow people's explanations as to whats wrong with it.

I [b]thought[/b] initiative was more than the first turn, or turn order, but also the speed of the characters turn order. Is this incorrect?

Ex: Buddy has initiative 20 while Sally has an initiative of 10. So Buddy goes twice as much as sally because his initiative is higher and he goes twice as much because as turn orders rotate his initiative score puts him into turn order more frequently. Is this totally wrong and if so how exactly does initiative work in DOS2?

Thanks

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Auto-X-tacy
Would someone please clearly explain what exactly is wrong with initiative? I've heard its broke and seen some chatter on it but I am unable to follow people's explanations as to whats wrong with it.

I thought initiative was more than the first turn, or turn order, but also the speed of the characters turn order. Is this incorrect?

Ex: Buddy has initiative 20 while Sally has an initiative of 10. So Buddy goes twice as much as sally because his initiative is higher and he goes twice as much because as turn orders rotate his initiative score puts him into turn order more frequently. Is this totally wrong and if so how exactly does initiative work in DOS2?

Thanks

Initiative is determining when you'll act in turn.
So Buddy will go first, Sally second.
If there will be Molly with initiative 19 - then she will act right after Buddy...
Not sure how the acting order works if initiative is equal.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Auto-X-tacy

Yes, that is totally wrong. Eugen described it perfectly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem apparently lies in the fact that regardless of the values of initiative of your team, all your teammates won't act before the monster.

Hence if you have 20/20/20/20 and the monsters 10/10/10/10, there will still be a turn order with player/monster/player/monster... (or so I gathered, I haven't quite looked at it myself).

It is indeed quite unfortunate.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard