Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So this ability combo which is not hard to pull off and can usually be done in one turn, instakills any enemies we've encountered so far on tactician mode because they just run until theyre dead, even the strongest boss we fought;
The witch in the cave with bloodroses.
died from their full hp with this combo.

Is this really intentional? This is the most game breaking combo / abuse I've seen so far personally, apart from abuses like doing 4 summoners who just stay out of combat and send their minions in or other things that make enemies unable to attack you.

I like both these abilities, but tactician mode might as well be explorer mode if we use them, which is a shame.

Last edited by Subcryo; 21/09/17 03:42 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Ohhh, that's a nice one!

I don't particularly find it too powerful, myself. You still need to break physical armor for that to happen, and breaking physical armor usually means the guy is as good as dead anyway due to perma-cc. This just happens to be more efficient at finishing them off.

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Perma cc requires you to use one cc ability per turn and keep attacking the targets for tons of ap, which is fine. This combo just instantly kills the target once it is on low/no armor for the cost of 4ap total.
You shouldn't be able to kill a boss on tactician mode in one turn, there should at least be a maximum damage per turn on rupture tendons or something like that. When we fought this boss we were under leveled/geared even.

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
This combo is basically the same as an ability that says "100% chance of instantly killing the target if it has low or no armor" and costs 4ap.

addict
addict
And then you come across bosses and even regular mobs that don't run at all.

This combo rarely works in Act 2 for me considering the chicken won't run anywhere half the time, lolol.

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So instakill for any enemy that can move. You really don't think this should be changed..?

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I've polymorphed plenty of enemies and they never move?

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by rickbuzz

Are you playing on tactician?

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Subcryo

Classic

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S

Classic

Maybe thats the reason then? I personally haven't seen a single chicken polymorphed enemy that didn't run far away, except if it was crippled.

addict
addict
Nearly everything in higher level starting in Act 2 have "Walk it off" and will just end their turn if they cant' do much. The combo gets much weaker.

S
Subcryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Ellezard
Nearly everything in higher level starting in Act 2 have "Walk it off" and will just end their turn if they cant' do much. The combo gets much weaker.

That is good to hear. Still think it should be fixed though.

addict
addict
tbh, the more combo we have that works, the better since it allows more build to work.

4 AP is quite alot anyway to use especially with ridiculous source spell being usable at around level 16. Single-target CC with low range like Chicken becomes quite weak even with a combo.

Last edited by Ellezard; 21/09/17 11:41 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E

Yes. Chicken should be reduced to 1 turn and put to polymorph 2 or 3 so not everyone can dip into it. Rupture damage should be reduced by 20%-30%.

You would need to do that with maybe half of the skills, maybe then the game would become a little more balanced.

tbh, the more combo we have that works, the better since it allows more build to work.

Combos should work, but not make any difficulty a joke.

Last edited by endervoid; 22/09/17 10:19 AM.
addict
addict
Don't judge the game difficulty from early hours combo.

Plus, combo involves breaking armor and if the armor is broken, you already win the fight anyway especially with something like Whirlwind-Battlestomp with gears in Act 2 breaking multiple armor and ccing multiple targets at once because it does too much damage.

IF you want something that really makes difficulty a joke, multi-hit AoE Source skill in this game with source fountain location discovered and a teleporter to always go back to it.

Last edited by Ellezard; 22/09/17 10:44 AM.
T
T
Originally Posted by endervoid

Yes. Chicken should be reduced to 1 turn and put to polymorph 2 or 3 so not everyone can dip into it. Rupture damage should be reduced by 20%-30%.

You would need to do that with maybe half of the skills, maybe then the game would become a little more balanced.

Combos should work, but not make any difficulty a joke.

Bruh, ability to kill one enemy with stripped armors for 4AP isn´t "making any difficulty a joke". For 4AP, your ranger or rogue could kill that guy anyway and probably deal some aoe damage in the process...

Last edited by TsunAmik; 22/09/17 10:45 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by TsunAmik

Bruh, ability to kill one enemy with stripped armors for 4AP isn´t "making any difficulty a joke". For 4AP, your ranger or rogue could kill that guy anyway and probably deal some aoe damage in the process...

I play with a modded chicken that only lasts one turn, so rupture doesn't kill an enemy. But it does up to 1200 damage for 2 AP when my ranger hits for around 230 with an autoattack. For 4 AP you get a 1 turn cc + 800-1200 damage. Even if i could do that damage with my ranger with 4AP, the chicken combo has still a cc in it.

Last edited by endervoid; 22/09/17 11:52 AM.
addict
addict

I play with a modded chicken that only lasts one turn, so rupture doesn't kill an enemy. But it does up to 1200 damage for 2 AP when my ranger hits for around 230 with an autoattack. For 4 AP you get a 1 turn cc + 800-1200 damage. Even if i could do that damage with my ranger with 4AP, the chicken combo has still a cc in it.

What level are you at for enemies to have so much health yet still deal poor damage?

IF you're around 13, you should be having legendary crossbow and deal up to 2k per turn already and whne you get to 16, 15k per turn. Yes, 15k. Arrow storm is broken.

E
stranger
stranger
E

What level are you at for enemies to have so much health yet still deal poor damage?

IF you're around 13, you should be having legendary crossbow and deal up to 2k per turn already and whne you get to 16, 15k per turn. Yes, 15k. Arrow storm is broken.

I'm level 14 with a level 13 epic bow. I just use what i find. And if arrow storm is as you discribed it, my group would have surely outruled or nerved it. One broken ability doesn't make another any less broken.

So yes, there are many broken combos/abilities, and all of them make the game incredible easy. For a propper difficulty all of them have to be reworked.

And if a level 14 boss has 800 shield +2000 health, dealing 2k damage per turn on a single character is totaly broken. So i really cant understand how you are defending the balance of the game.

addict
addict
Grab a legendary crossbow with some warfare + huntsman gear and you will see why chicken combo is bleh. The merchant that sells lute, once persuaded, always restock with a legendary bow or xbow (and later, divine) every hour of your level so it's very easy to get.

And for the combo, you still need to break the armor first so for the combo to be usable, you will need outside helps as I really doubt a single knife stab will break the physical shield. When you consider that you had to use 4 AP on a char with no armor or minimal armor for it to actually work, it's rather meh. You're better off using with something like using 2 AP for a knockdown and the other 2 AP to work on the other enemies as a perma cc'd enemies are considered to be as good as dead and just give you more free actions before the enemies can act especially if their turns come earlier.

The freeroam nature of Act 2 also makes it impossible to balance the curve as players are given choices to do whatever area they want first and get levels/gears as long as they can clear it. You can be level 15 and go do level 13 quests or vice versa. There's only one real bad situation in Act 2 and that's at the dwarf cave where most people will probably just use the teleport and waypoint to regroup instead of trying to do each path solo and meet up at the center.

The problem of bloated stat and overkill only starts to go away in Act 3 where the enemies scaling are finally as high as your char. The game certainly do need to balance the gear scaling at level 12 to 17 for divine and legendary gears. Nerfing the items is a way to indirectly nerf skills like Arrow storm anyway. Outside those, I don't see much issue with the game balance as many build can clear it with little making a total mockery out of the game difficulty on tactician without relying on the "Run and Gun" strat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard