Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#618242 21/09/17 05:51 PM
OP Offline
That is what happens the most in this editor. It's not responding.

The second I have to type something in a search query be it the World Outliner or filter in the edit item window the editor stops responding. Just clicking inside the area is enough for it to stop responding for a minute.

I have a Ryzen 1700X PC with 32GB of RAM. So I know it's NOT my PC.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 22/09/17 09:44 AM. Reason: We're all happy people
OP Offline
It looks like the performance problems in the filter of ANY edit window of NPCs comes from this error:

[22-09-2017 07:48:45:586][..\MSpeakerGroupCollection.cpp 23 EoCPlugin::MSpeakerGroupCollection::ToString]: Unknown speaker group with UUID 4bdd9996-42f7-47dc-9a2b-1d9bfa2e738f

There are several hundred(!) lines of this error in the error.txt file.

OP Offline
Journal Editor is not responding. If after a while I got the categories part selected the right side is just a blank area.
No way to add categories, description etc...

The browser where you create or load levels also often stops responding.

Last edited by Blablabla; 22/09/17 08:48 AM.
addict
addict
Heyo,

First of: The speaker group error is going to be fixed in our next patch. It's a residual internal warning about missing voice acting.

In the journal editor, double click a category to open it's page.

Any freezes on the browser are new to us and we'll try to reproduce the issue. Is the engine installed on a hard drive or an SSD btw?

CTRL+K the elf
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Heyo,

Any freezes on the browser are new to us and we'll try to reproduce the issue. Is the engine installed on a hard drive or an SSD btw?

The engine and the game are installed on a Hybrid HD.

Thanks for the "double click" information but opening the "Journal Editor" is right now the fastest way to destabilize the entire editor.

Seriously! I opened the "Journal Editor" waited until it responded again, closed it and tried to "Generate Definitions, Build and Reload." and at 75% of the bar it claimed "Success" and stopped responding for a while.
I closed the editor, opened it again and immediately opened the "Story Editor", selected "Generate Definitions, Build and Reload." again and no problems.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Heyo,

First of: The speaker group error is going to be fixed in our next patch. It's a residual internal warning about missing voice acting.

When is the next editor patch being released? Should I make a video to show how slow the editor becomes when I open the Journal Editor?

OP Offline
I made the video: At 0:36s I klick on the little triangle next to my project name in the Journal Editor. At 1:14 a white border appears around my project name. I assume it is now selected. 38 seconds!!

And it`s just the border. All the subitems below it haven`t shown up yet.
At 1:38 I double click my project name. At 1:53 the subitems appear. 15seconds for that.
At 1:56 double click on Quest Categories. 2:14 the subitems disappear!!! WTF????
This happens at least one more time.

At 3:23 after several double clicks on the Quest Categories I wait.
At 3:34 the Quest Categories Content is finally shown on the right panel.
11 seconds. But it`s unusable because the input fields are too small.
At 3:54 the panel finally looks like it should. 20 seconds to load that.

At 4:07 I try to delete the filler text in the Category ID.
At 4:54 it finally is gone.
At 5:14 the first part of my Category ID is visible.

At 6:14 I input the description.
At 7:14 the description field shows what I typed.

When I close the journal window it asks if I want to save the changes. I save them and reopen the Journal Editor. The description has not been saved.

addict
addict
Do you have these issues with other parts of the editor?
This sounds like you're CPU resources are used to their limits.
Is there any indication of extreme high CPU or Memory usage in your Windows Task Manager?

CTRL+K the elf
OP Offline
Yes, as I said in the first post. Adding items to the inventory of a NPC is slow too. Typing "sword" into the search field in the "edit items" window makes the window "Stop responding" and it takes a long time until the text is actually shown.

Selecting the level after starting the editor the first time that day makes the browser stop responding. Restarting the editor solves that problem though.

CPU usage is around 6% overall or 25% for a single CPU!

Any log files you need? I also have editor version 3.0.141.896 because you haven`t released a newer version on GOG yet.

Last edited by Blablabla; 09/10/17 03:38 PM.
OP Offline
Installed Version 3.0.146.461 today. No changes. Still the same horrible performance.

Browser not responding when trying to load the first area after the first start of the latest version:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Blablabla; 26/10/17 10:19 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard