Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sil Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm trying to save the friendly sorcerer but so far I've restarted 4 times and all 4 times the fight just devolved into the entire area being covered in necrofire... Any advice on how to save him, and/or deal with the endless oil / cursed blood covering everything?

I tried teleporting / spamming armor on him but it's useless because he keeps moving and taking chip damage from it and eventually dies. There's not enough source in the world to keep blessing it, and well if it's cursed rain doesn't help either. I'm stumped. Help!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I just kept teleporting him to the farthest corner possible, away from the fire. My mage has Far out man so I could send him pretty far away. There's a slope that will make him run for few turns before he could get to the fire so keep sending him there. Also if you have 2 characters that can teleport, send a weak enemy there with him too. He will then attack that instead.
This fight is so annoying, but you can teleport your entire team away from the fire and let enemies run to you. Most of the time they will hurt themselves pretty badly before even get to your team.

Last edited by Duckling; 21/09/17 07:53 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Stay in the middle at the top of the rig... you're going to have to just stand in the fire.

Use the Dome of protection/soothing presence/mend metal so that your armour and magic armour are regenerating.

Your guy should be smart enough to stay in the dome. Make sure you have a couple of characters who can cast fortify, and maybe magic shell.

Slowly but surely you should be able to pick off everything.

Last edited by Rowy; 21/09/17 09:19 PM.
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
You can always leave that Magister next to you alive so that friendly sourcerer will focus on him and not run away to attack other enemies.

Sil Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'll try with dome of protection, didn't occur to me. I tried spending all my source on blessing, but ... that went nowhere. They rly should make blessing turn cursed fire into holy fire, or just remove fire if it's cursed. One hit on an enemy and it's back to necrofire.. =/

Also will try to not kill the magister, I did notice that they tend to switch focus to the globlings once they come, but didn't want to chance keeping them alive. Will be interesting to see how it goes with them around for longer.

Thanks for the tips!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Here is how I did it...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176237071

Basically I threw Gwydion in a tent with teleport and locked him in with a box. Kind of cheesing it but in my opinion it was "clever use of game mechanics."

After that I just did this...

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgitatedBreakableLouseLitFam

(Ignore the *sounds* I was quite pleased with myself.)

Sil Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The tent trick worked. He broke the crate a few turns in but I just put my party near the lowest barricade at the magister dig cave so he couldn't leave, and used archer / mage / 2 bone widows to kill voidlings as they trickled in. Thanks for the tip! It made the fight much easier, if a bit boring as I just ended 4 turns without doing much of anything while voidlings moved to me.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah, I had to figure something out as I wiped on it for roughly 8 hours and was pulling my hair out.

Happy it worked for yah.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Teleport Gwydian off the platform while he's still strung up and being interrogated. Talk to him; at the end of the conversation the quest updates to saying that Gwydian has escaped the magisters. At this point, no fight has started. Now you can tackle the magisters, and with Gwydian off the platform before fighting starts, NO oil blobs spawn.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hint: Delay turn is your friend (if you can survive the 1st round).

Its really not that bad to just stand in the fire. I did it twice on tactician and my 1st run was with a non-optimal group. The 2nd time it was a cake walk with high dps characters. Ignore the fire and heal the idiot and he should be ok. Dont waste time trying to put out the fires (unless you have tornados). Its better to just crowd control or kill enemies.

In my 1st game, all 4 character could summon something so I used those to keep the archers moving around (wasting AP's) and to block the stairs/ladder going up to the top. I had 2 mages, each them had heals & teleports and one had ice (other was partially useless with fire spells).

The trick, I think (to any battle with a lot of enemies), was to try and clump them together so you can aoe them to death quickly. Its harder said than done because the archers can retreat but they also have little armor so you just need to watch the attack order to make sure you tp and knock them down before they can act. Hint, delay turn is devastating if used correctly. Basically, delay your melee AoE members then tp as many as you can in a line, near your big hitters and slaughter them all with AoE melee. Its much easier if you can do this in round 2 after you summon stuff for even more damage.

I basically had 5 magisters within whirlwind/knockdown range and I simply knocked them all down at the end of every round. I was able to CC them nearly the entire battle as my team focused on other things. Between 2 warriors and summons, they really stood no chance. As for the blobs, they are all susceptible to magic. Charm and TP works great on the big ones to help delay them while I re-position and heal up.

Last edited by Marc54; 30/10/17 11:57 PM.
Respeccing to hydrosophist works well because the flame monsters are weak to water, plus you can heal and restore magic armour to the ally.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What I did was I threw the magisters next to the slimes and then used spin web to prevent everything from being able to move. I let the magisters do all the fighting for me while I sat at the top of the tower and kept everything locked down. The stupid npc didn't even take damage.

It's different on Tactician difficulty, where the magisters get annihilated and the fire elementals nuke you. Making fire resistance potions and casting ice on them works well. Casting fire and earth not so much, and you might get destroyed if you get close enough to melee them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Undesirable
It's different on Tactician difficulty, where the magisters get annihilated and the fire elementals nuke you. Making fire resistance potions and casting ice on them works well. Casting fire and earth not so much, and you might get destroyed if you get close enough to melee them.

I play on tactician/honour mode and I had no problem with that tactic. just need to maintain the high ground and keep them away from you. Kill the ones that get close and CC the ones further away. Spin Web (the polymorph skill) gives you 3 turns of guaranteed CC. Stick it on every char in your group and you should have no issues controlling the battlefield. This is how I did it and I play solo lonewolf (as in, only 1 char) if it works for me it should work for everyone else.

Last edited by Sharp; 01/11/17 12:17 AM.
stranger
stranger
I used a couple teleports to position Gwynne through the palisade gates. Used a third to teleport the magister Jonathan near the gates and he ran through the gates to fight Gwynn. We wrecked Jonathan and by that time the magister knight got to the gate entrance. Wrecked him there. Pushed Gwynne further away with a teleport and froze him with Cryogenics while the rest of my party ran to finish up the magister ranger. Done. Long as Gwynne keeps that chain lightning on that side of the gates, no issues.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I set my team up near the mine entrance (with the trader/guard magistrate) and let them come to me in small groups. Surprisingly, the magister there disappeared and I was able to enter the mine without fighting her.

Support
Support

The magister there will run away when the voidwoken show up.

apprentice
apprentice
For me it's all about luck and maybe our characters build. Gwydian movement choice is totally random, therefore even if you will heal him a lot and keep giving him armors, he's gonna die if he does a few wrong moves.

I've saved him without any problem on my first playthrough, but second time with Lone Wolf talent i've loaded the game like 10 times until i was able to save him.

On my third playthrough i just... ignored him totally, later i've robbed Hannag and then also killed her and got a lot of cool books off her corpse. Yeah i know, i became so rude on the third playthrough laugh But i didnt like the fact that she takes away Pet Pal upon teaching, so i just used other teachers to get more source points and Hannag became kind of useless at this point though.

Love the freedom of D:OS 2.

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
You can avoid losing Pet Pal.

1) Simply refuse when she offers to teach you more source. If you already have 3 source points, you don't need any for Hanag and this also saves 3 bears lives. Hanag will still give you a source skill book.

2) Mirror Mirror in the Lady Vengeance. There is a way point right by Hanag. It only adds about 2 minutes to your game time to pop back to the Lady Vengeance and remove the Talent. Then go do Hanag and let her kill the three bears. Not sure if Alice is suppose to be Goldylocks. smile Anyhow, after doing everything with Hanag just go back to the mirror and get Pet Pal talent back.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by WINoodles
You can avoid losing Pet Pal.

1) Simply refuse when she offers to teach you more source. If you already have 3 source points, you don't need any for Hanag and this also saves 3 bears lives. Hanag will still give you a source skill book.

By robbing and then killing her i got like 7-8 source skill books... maybe it was inhumane but quite useful ;>

Anyway thanks, i will try your advices when i will play for the 4th time. Maybe even very soon, because i feel like there's still a lot to discover and test various builds, even if i've finished the game 3 times. (twice before DE, once with DE).

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - Maya Angelou
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard