Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
(Spoilers are welcome)

I was a couple of hours into Driftwood when I went to go make a party change on the Lady Vengeance and realized that no one was there. After consulting my log I saw that half my team was dead and their storylines had ended.

…What the hell?

Did I do something wrong in this encounter or is this the intended outcome of Dallis’ attack? Do they come back later? A party member dying can be really moving as part of the story but this seems totally arbitrary and really took me out of the game. I thought D:OS2 was doing a much better job with narratives for the party members but… jeez.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
The party you choose when leaving Fort Joy is the party that will survive. After the attack if you talk to Malady she says that the people in that room(the prison where Alexander was) were the only ones that survived.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
The party you pick to do the fight on Lady Vengeance is the party you're gonna play the rest of the game with. It even says to choose wisely before starting the chain of events that lead to the encounter.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Seriously? That's such a bad narrative choice. I would love to see my party members die as a result of the character arcs or my choices. This just makes me feel like "oh hey, it's a game, play it a bunch of times to see all the things."

Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed, the way the game just disposes of party members is disappointing. But yes, I suppose it does add replay value in it's own slightly clunky way. Though given how mod-friendly the game looks to be I do hope someone figures out a mod that just leaves companions alone and puts them on Vengeance @ act 2 and onward.

Last edited by Sil; 21/09/17 10:44 PM.
C
C
I wonder why they've chosen that approach in the first place. In Original Sin 1 you had them all in your hub at your disposal. The Lady Vengeance seems to serve the same purpose. But far as I see it, you can even kill them instead of recruiting.

P
stranger
stranger
P
The reason I love this game so much is the complexity and the huge range of choices and ways to handle any problem. Losing 3 party members so early has got to be the worst idea ever. Just when I am able to customize them and start to know the characters 3 die for no reason at all. I mean the insane dallis servants or w/e they are called survived. I hate to sound like a whiney, complaining spoiled brat but I just cant get over how badly that ruined my game. I figured the warning meant I wouldn't get to change members for a while. Like till after we got off the boat. WOW just WOW.

Last edited by piercedfreak27; 22/09/17 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard