Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Do you also had this feeling? You just stole my thoughts! smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kairos
Ok then, this kind of answers are better than "Pillars of eternity has those things go play it" I mean I understand.

Thanks for reading, i'll try to mod this even my skills are not fantastic.

Imo, doing this is what makes you play a real rpg, everybody says that Divinity is a game like paper rpg. but actually. if someone can explain me

- why you can teleport from everywhere
Because as it was learned in Early Access, spending several minutes walking through already cleared areas added absolutely nothing to the gameplay.

- Why did they added pyramids if it's so easy to teleport
Partly tradition, Teleporter Pyramids have been in every RPG except Divinity 2. Partly for added functionality like being able to move between two player-chosen spots, or to move characters in combat.

? what's the point with this item
Fun and Flexibility.

- why your armor never breaks,
Because durability systems don't really add anything interesting to gameplay. They, like a lot of survival mechanics, tend to fall into two categories: Those which degrade so aggressively that they actively distract players from the fun parts of the game, and those which degrade so slowly that you'll have replaced the piece long before it breaks, in which case the mechanic might as well not exist at all.

- why you can take 60 years to play your turn i'll be ok.
Because that is how turn-based games work. It won't change, so if you don't like it, don't play turn-based. Don't try and jam an Active Time Battle PoS into a tactical turn-based game. It flat out does not fit. At all.

- why player never sleep ? even the are godwoken during the most of the game they still mortals and mortals.. Sleep, Eat and drink.
Because forcing the player character to sleep adds nothing of interest to the game mechanics. Why doesn't the player character ever use the bathroom?
Eating and Drinking are Survival mechanics, and therefore are either too aggressive, which only annoys people, or too minor, which adds nothing.

- why i can handle from 100 to 400 Kg in you backpack ?
Because weight is an abstraction, and wandering back and forth between places to stash items is boring busywork, and most people play games to AVOID boring busywork.

- what is the point with backpacks ?
To better organize your belongings, if you like that sort of thing.

Actually when you're in combat the game don't stop. that means if you are 30Km away from the fight you can join him meanwhile his just looking monsters without playing during X minuts...what a stupid idea to make a fantastic game witch don't give any chalenge.

D:OS 1 was VERY SPECIFICALLY designed exactly for real-time wandering and turn-based combat so that human players could split up, and if one got into a fight, you could wait for the other to come help you out. That's an intended feature.

You're free to disagree, or better yet, not play this game.

I was just talking about making them usable before the fight actually if you don't like timers and like tactical why are you ok with the fact that a Str potion stay only 3 seconds when you're out of fight.

This is the part I agree with, it probably would be better if they lasted long enough that you could buff your whole party with items before starting a fight.

When I was talking about timer, I was thinking about something like 20-30 seconds per char witch is really long to spend 6/8 AP. and force you to have strategic moves but fast. I'ts a turned based,

Turned based CAN have a timer and the most of time it's better when you play with other players. because some take really a long time to play one turn

Then play with better friends or don't play with friends at all, because a timer is fundamentally opposed to the entire combat system.

- Where is the fun looking someone else ?
I can't parse this quote.

Then Yes I'm asking devs to do some stuffs because I like the game and I want it to give the option to play like this. Actually we don't have the tools even for doing this our self with a mod.
Seven Gods, save me from people who scream "GIVE US OPTIONS!!!" Everyone and their grandmother has their own personal opinion about what "options" they would like, but if the developers tried to add in every single option every single person requested, the game would be an mess of conflicting and crashing code that wouldn't even run. There are too many people with too many opinions for it to be realistic for the devs to add every single option that every single person wants.

Your options largely add nothing but busywork or are fundamentally opposed to the basic concepts of the game.

Don't joke with me when you said ressources are limited this game sold 500 000 copy of the game. then please give better arguments
See above.

Remember that it's a crowdfunded game, then that mean even the idea of making it had to fight what video games industry does the most of time.

Crowdfunded does not mean all 42,000+ backers get an equal say in designing the game as the people who actually have to do the work to implement it.

Now if you have something to propose it's ok, but if it's not the case to be honest I really don't care about your answers. If you just want to talk for nothing but saying we shouldn't do this... it's the same I don't give a sh*t.
You are the one proposing changes on a pubic forum, that does not mean that other people have only two choices: to propose their own changes or to shut up.

Now if a gamedesigner can answer to all the question why he did this kind of choices then I'll understand why we should do this. Thank you !
They're almost certainly too busy, they hardly replied to threads in Early Access, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited by Stabbey; 25/09/17 01:00 PM. Reason: removed quote tags
Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
is what Divinity actually ? it's 3D isometric RPG, there are some immersion aspect that a little bit of realism can bring.

If you really want to play survival mode, why not make one yourself? It is a roleplaying game after all so do some mof*ng roleplaying!

Set your phone / watch / PC to beep every 10 minutes while you play, then roll dice. If it rolls below 3 your character has to eat. If it rolls a 1 your character has to sleep. if you can't eat or sleep you lose a 'life'. Lose 3 lives and your game is over.

Originally Posted by Kairos
Keep thinking, more option = More choice = more players who find what they want in this game = then it will be sold for a more large pannel of players, then the studio keep provide game that community ask for as I do.

"Appeal to a wider audience" ruins games. As I said, there's a million hunger-cold-sleep survival games out there. Fantasy RPGs aren't about that. They shouldn't be about that. And I'm glad this one is not about that.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

@Stabbey : Thank you for the time you took to answer. it's a way better to have someone who explain "why" you think it's wrong.

Then ok you convince me to do the features in a private mod.

It's hard to listen that ALL the ideas I proposed were shitty, then thank you for saying that you agree with me on the "buffing" part.

Now if you have something to propose it's ok, but if it's not the case to be honest I really don't care about your answers. If you just want to talk for nothing but saying we shouldn't do this... it's the same I don't give a sh*t.
You are the one proposing changes on a pubic forum, that does not mean that other people have only two choices: to propose their own changes or to shut up.

I didn't say they should propose changes but if they don't agree with me explain me why like you did and i'll understand

@Sil : Ok I understand what you mean actually, I gave a proposition, the players who answered were saying nothing but You shouldn't do it... then i'm just wondering if I answer to someone it's to be a little bit relevant. Then

Originally Posted by andmann
Originally Posted by TsunAmik
you must be fun at parties.. smile

yeah he obviously is the self centered entertainer type who can't sit still for even one second to watch others.
Probably never passes the ball in basketball or soccer either.

Because I said if you wanna talk on this post do it smartly ? anyway your argument is realy childish, in fact i'm trying to work on this mod if I asked dev to do it, it's because they didn't even released all the tools in the divinity Engine.

If you want to discuss do it! but do it by arguing !

Moronic answers makes me, and make you waste time maybe you should do something else.

And to be honest I'm not here to make friends or beein social, i'm just asking something to devs, then your opinon sound like shit to me smile

Actually you're the self centered guys who just want to impose they're opinion of what divinity should or shoudn't be without explainin anything. then IMO i'm just thinking about giving more gameplay option to other players or the tools for doing it smile

Anyway thank you

Last edited by Kairos; 25/09/17 02:51 PM.

If you don't have arguments, then just shutup and think about what you're gonna say
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
"There's something wrong with it and it can't be my attitude"
"we are wasting time here"
"this 'could' be perfect, but..."
"I have a lot of fun, but..."
"...'everyone'(me) would love such a feature..."
"You don't have an argument because I don't deem your answer valid"
"Your answer is moronic and I am the most qualified to judge"

neo liberal capitalist through and through.

should I keep on quoting on a meta-level?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard