Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
wondering what the reqs are to trigger the reward.

in my current playthrough (multiple save points) ive done the following and the gargoyle at the tower never speaks or offers a reward...

1 teleport straight to tower, no skulls
2 open 6 doors to get to tower
3 open 3 doors, keep 3 skulls
4 teleport and have 6 skulls in my bags

what am i kisising here?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I think the reward is meant to be inside the tower, not anything from the gargoyle itself. Also there is the quest with the cursed woman after you kill the skeletons.

addict
addict
You have to find a way to get inside the tower to get some gears (and fight some undead).

The easiest way to do this is get the ring first so the gargoyle teleport you right into entrance of the tower. (You get ring as a part of the story progression if you use the default route to beat Act 1)

The vault to an item is inside there.

Last edited by Ellezard; 22/09/17 09:44 PM.
n3m3c1s Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Taz_13
I think the reward is meant to be inside the tower, not anything from the gargoyle itself. Also there is the quest with the cursed woman after you kill the skeletons.

Perhaps this changed after the most recent patch, but on my initial playthrough at the end of the maze (heading up steps towards the tower) a gargoyle congratulated me and let me choose rewards.

I have looted all chests from the maze, and cleared the tower. I was wondering about rewards for completing the maze.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
If you have Braccus' ring in your possession, the gargoyle at the main entrance will assume you ARE Braccus and teleport you completely past the maze.

if you bypass the maze this way, the gargoyle at the end of the maze will NOT reward you. It, like the other, simply acknowledges you as Braccus, and lets you into the tower.

I mean, why would Braccus get a reward for simply entering his own tower?

so, you MUST put the ring in a container somewhere else before speaking to the gargoyle. Found this out the hard way, after have been teleported by the gargoyle, then doing the entire maze in reverse.

so, if you got no reward, this is likely why.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
you don't need to ditch the ring, just don't choose the dialogue option that makes you use it

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Who would reward his own master for entering his house?

Only an idiot would.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard