Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#619473 22/09/17 11:47 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hey guys, I wanna do a summoner build with Fane for my solo playthrough, and I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head but could use some help! I will be playing on Classic, not gonna be doing lone wolf and im not looking for some cheese strats or w/e.

I was thinking of going Summoner with a few points into Necro and Geo. Geo for poison so i can also heal myself and same with Necro really. The lifesteal. I havent really gotten a chance to mess around with skill infusions yet, so would love to do that for my solo run (in my co-op run atm its pretty basic, either we got elemental skills or we don't). Is using Geo a good pair with Summoner or should I pair it up with Pyro or another skill?

Obv I'm gonna have 3 other companions, so should I make another dedicated support/healer as with hydro and aero or should I make my summoner a healer instead. I was thinking of having a ranger or a wayfarer as a range dps as well. As for my own build, what works well for weapons? 1H wand+shield, dual wands or a staff?

Also how quickly should I be leveling up my summoning? Should I do w/e it takes to get summoning to level 10 or higher at the beginning of act 2 or should I put in a few points into geo/necro (or w/e else) and then focus others into summoning. I need your guys opinions on this pls!

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
I am running with pyro/summon/necro on my main, though he is human. The skills work well together.
Rest of the party is a rogue/poly a 2h knight/necro/geo and an support dps as aero/hydro.

I found pyro to be more fitting for my needs, because it also lets me make steam for my hydro to abuse and having haste is just the best thing for sum because you are always lacking ap.

If you goo deep enough into necro you can use the bone spider over your incarnate. It’s not as versatile, but it hits like a truck and also does opportunity attacks. I usually run width both and sacrifice 1 early with empower. That sum spell makes any summon hit 50%harder but it will die at the end of the round. Good fun.

The spider can carry you for quite a while, there is no rush in maxing out sum.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah, I might go pyro over Geo. Will give more dmg as well.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Nicou 

Link Copied to Clipboard