Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
stranger
stranger
T
Came here to share my experience too with the DnD version.

Fighting enemies that are my level fell the same as the vanilla version, I normally shutdown targets physical armor with one shot in tactician, mosquito swarm is an example, and some minor damage to the HP, trying this with the same enemy, but, using the mod, its like the same overall, but, they damage fells "fair" while they just shut me down in one turn, for example the bone golems from a Bloodmoon island fight, they have trouble with DnD version, they did have to give some 1 or 2 shots more to kill me, this gives me window to use some tricks to run or evade attacks, mostly because enemies don't have an optimized build, like us, you can examine them to see this, this gives me window to use some unusual builds and hybrids, this increase my difficult and give me something different and fun to use, not just 10 in all but 70 in int. This mod truly shiny while I fight thing that are level high or low, in vanilla, fighting low level enemies fells boring, a level 16 solo without lone wolf can easy win fights against enemies level 15 and low, in DnD they can still react and give me some trouble, so I have to put some nices strats in use, this fells fun, fighting high level enemies is fun too, they dont give me that stupid unfair damage, a level 20 is so superior to a level 19 or 18 in vanilla, in DnD this is more about strat.

Sorry if i did burn yours eyes with my google translate english XD

Last edited by TopperLizard; 19/10/17 03:19 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Gear progression is completely broken, it feels like Borderlands or early D3.

Talk to Brevik and some of the Path of Exile devs to gain from their knowledge of gear progression in *rpgs.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
why do you think it's broken?

old hand
old hand
NOTE: I did post this on a previous thread. Unfortunately a childish fight broke out and I doubt anyone from Larian will tolerate reading it. My reason for my re-posting is to ensure someone at Larian gets my feedback in how disappointed I am with the stat inflation and leveling up feels more like 10 level ups happening. Please disregard if you've already read my comments as this is NOT intended to be S.P.A.M. Thank you.

The leveling in this game is too restrictive and really cripples the ability of doing things out of a specific order. It is also why I decided to STOP supporting Larian in further kickstarters...as they've strayed too far from what I used to like about them.

In Sword of Lies, leveling up wasn't as huge of a deal. I was able to really do things out of order in a big time way after the first act and before the last act. Every time I play that game, I can do a different path to being a guard for Janus.

Doing what I can do in Sword of Lies (or Divine Divinity) is next to impossible in this game as the enemies are too over powered. I'd have to see major changes in the game fixes for me to want to come back and start from act one... again.

In DOS:1, I bitched heavily on this. Larian did very little to repair this issue.
In DOS:2, Larian totally disregarded everything and gave me a big middle finger to my suggestions.

I haven't gotten very far in DOS:2 as it just pissed me off so much. I got to a boss in a cave that when released from a coffin she summoned these ice wolves that just destroyed my party. After hours of trying to kill the boss, I did. I went to the NPC that gave me the quest, he started a fight and I killed him without coming near to death. It was an NPC in a mansion in a cemetery. Fought him down in the basement.

The balance of bosses was too problematic for me to want to tolerate any further.

And about the leveling thing, advancing one level shouldn't feel like advancing 10. That compounds an already unbalanced boss system.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
S
Banned
Banned
S
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
NOTE: I did post this on a previous thread. Unfortunately a childish fight broke out and I doubt anyone from Larian will tolerate reading it.

701 views on the thread you’ve dismissed with such insipid and uninspired pomposity – if one is going to up one’s own rectum about matters, at least do so with some wit.

Everyone in Larian’s reading the thread you’ve mentioned. Because it’s great craic, unlike the generic anal belches I’ve had to read above from yourself.

They love a few auld bants, and that’s all the melodramatically labelled ‘fight’ was about (haven’t been out much, have we?). I have a right to the big words, by the way – they already made my request for durability removal a ‘thing’ (I was the one that started that). What have you influenced, exactly? Besides my utmost contempt, you garbling snob.

If you’re going to vomit condemnations of ‘childishness’, then at least have some self-awareness about you, because you come off as a breathless ten year old with a stick up his ass. More KnobJockey than LightningLockey, you're out your depth on this one, little man.

Originally Posted by LightningLockey

***snip***

The leveling in this game is too restrictive and really cripples the ability of doing things out of a specific order. It is also why I decided to STOP supporting Larian in further kickstarters...as they've strayed too far from what I used to like about them.
*** snip ***

You can do things out of order. But if you run into enemies that are tougher than you, you get your behind kicked.

Very much like in school. If you are a third grade student, it is next to sucide to try and beat up the school bully from 8th grade.
And once you are 8th grade it's a doddle to beat up the little kids.

By your writings, I suspect you like a different type of games. Why do you not play them instead?

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
old hand
old hand
@ LightningLockey: the item progression is one of the several factors for game difficulty. It puts you under pressure to search and look. You are very pleased about new stuff but you also cannot build a love for your shiny legendary found once. Ok. You can do it this way or that as game designer, you can like one way and dislike the other, but in my opinion the game is designed around the constant task to equip. If you don't like it you can use a mod. That's the great advantage of moddable games, most people can be satisfied to a certain degree.

@ smokey: I can only speak for myself but I would be very glad if you could put your grim insults and boasting, seemingly signs of a personal war with someone, into a personal message, as your post contains nothing ad rem.

Last edited by geala; 14/03/18 07:24 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by geala
@ smokey: I can only speak for myself but I would be very glad if you could put your grim insults and boasting, seemingly signs of a personal war with someone, into a personal message, as your post contains nothing ad rem.

Please use the report button for stuff like this: unfortunately the moderators don't always see everything. Any action at this point would be rather belated but some people shouldn't need to be reminded to play nice.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
You are correct, but I usually would not report people (never actually did) but apply to their insight. smile

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
You are correct, but I usually would not report people (never actually did) but apply to their insight. smile

A noble endeavour, but that approach doesn't always work, especially when there's a history of similar occurrences, so we'd like to stay informed. Anyway, point made, so back to the scheduled programme...

J'aime le fromage.
S
Banned
Banned
S
I can only speak for myself but I would be very glad if you could put your grim insults and boasting, seemingly signs of a personal war with someone, into a personal message, as your post contains nothing ad rem.

Hiya. Pro tip on preaching about provocation – don’t command someone not to ‘provoke’ if all you’ve got is provocative lingo yourself. Your melodramatic salvos don’t help your case. Vitriolic exchanges on these forums are no more unusual, and certainly no more ‘personal’, than the explosions present on all online formats, from youtube to the average comments section on any news site.

You act like you’ve never read any disagreement online. Stop snowflaking out on me – it's whinging, whiny, withering, wimpy. The flippant crassness and holier-than-thou pomposity of LightingLockey was simply met with an equivalent dash of poison – I’m just more articulate about it than he is.

If either of you had any wits about ‘keeping the peace’, you wouldn’t actively pursue its opposite by referencing topics/people who were involved in disagreements in which you had no involvement yourselves. In doing so, at the very least you’re going to reignite flames that had already died out – why would either of you think that it’s a smart idea to preach and lecture, especially when the ‘debate’ had nothing to do with either of you?

A disagreement happened and then died out. Let the fucking thing stay dead by staying quiet. You were not involved. That’s a bit of wisdom you should both take with you in all walks of life – do not poke your nose in matters that were no concern of yours, and you won’t find yourselves with shit up your nostrils as a result.

Lastly, I could not give a damn about being barred, reported or otherwise prevented from commenting on these forums – in fact, do us a favour, anyone with admin powers, and please go ahead and cancel my account. It would save me from having to read and reply to this crap in future.

The ‘boast’ you perceived is a wildly subjective label born of your own imagination and insecurities. Why even mention something like that, unless again your intention is to provoke? One of my ideas was taken on board by Larian. So what? If you think they’re the only company to okay one of my ideas, you’d be mistaken – and I get paid a lot more money by the others who like what I have to say. So I couldn't care less whether it's acknowledged or not.

Just leave it be. There's nothing to gain from antagonising anyone on these forums. I never – NOT ONCE – antagonised anyone on these forums – it was always some gobshite antagonising me, resulting in a return shot. Don't be that idiot. And I won't make you feel like one as a result.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by smokey
A disagreement happened and then died out. Let the fucking thing stay dead by staying quiet.

Then please don't bring it back to life.

I'll decide on whether to act on your request later, but in the meantime, that's enough, whether on this thread or elsewhere. Either play nice or go and play somewhere else.

J'aime le fromage.
S
Banned
Banned
S
I didn’t bring it back to life – the user named geala brought it back to life: have you completely missed the point of the above, or did it go over your head?

It didn’t, obviously. You’re just being selective about the facts, because you’ve decided your support is for the provocateur, for whatever reasons.

I have no interest in these inane cyber fist fights – but it’s clear they’re part and parcel of today’s ‘fight logic with acid’ mentality when it comes to online forums of any kind.

I have only ever proposed ‘ideas’ for improving the game on these forums – I have literally done nothing else, if you examine the history of my exchanges here. Ideas are born to be dismantled – no one is ‘right’, no one is ‘wrong’. But I expect intelligent debate to be neutral, impersonal and objective. Makes sense, yeah?

I can appreciate a well-structured counterargument. But instead, when someone disagrees with you online, and they don’t have the wits to form an intelligent counterargument, they resort to vitriol – to slander, basically.

Thing about me is that I don’t back down from a fight. If someone’s too stupid to counter my arguments with grey matter, they’ll resort to insults and fists – the lowest levels of competitive interaction. I’m used to that, and I’ll meet stupid with stupid, if that’s how it has to be. I never lose. Fist fights – I always win. Stupid ass name-calling fights? I always win.

I don’t endorse this behaviour. I’d love for the world to be full of highly intelligent people, none of whom agree on anything whatsoever. To agree is too be the same – in other words, to be dull. I love listening to a clever counterargument. All of my best friends are great at telling me I’m wrong without being provocative in their lingo.

Your forums currently don’t encourage healthy counterarguments. Ban me if you like – I couldn’t give a fuck either way.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
My only interest is keeping some semblance of civility here. I don't care who started it: I'm telling you and everybody else involved to stop the bickering. As it is, we very rarely ban people from these forums; we will if necessary, but I would rather everyone just conducted themselves in a civil manner. If you want fighting and posturing, please do it somewhere else. This isn't up for debate so kindly stop quibbling about it.

J'aime le fromage.
S
Banned
Banned
S
I’m telling you if you read anything I’ve ever written, I’ve no interest in ‘bickering’!!! Stop god damned labelling me incorrectly.

I’m deadly serious.

‘Leave it’.

It means precisely that – just let it go.

Ignore, and we all win. Call me something I’m not, and you lose.

I could say many negative things about you, but I don't. You're the only one slinging shit.

Stop doing that!

Let. It. Go.

Move on from the crap. I am not trying to gain the 'upper hand'. Think about it.

Ignore.

Don't provoke.

Enjoy your life.

But if you patronise me, I will respond in kind... All right? Just ignore it. This is not worth the energy we're expending here. Walk away. I'm walking away, all right? Never said I'm right, never said you're wrong.

Let's all just walk the fuck away. Seriously.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm closing this topic as I'm not sure it's salvageable at this point. Please feel free to start a new one but let's move on from this sort of unpleasantness.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard