Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cyka Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
In Tyranny while you are fast traveling you might run into various encounters that may or may not result in extra fights, treasures, attitude boost for companions or even an entire quest event.

Im wondering if it is possible for a mod like that in this game, like when you are fast traveling, a percentage chance to be summoned into an arena for said special encounter, or it could be a black screen with text to choose from.

It just add abit more flavor to the game. Otherwise it becomes quite empty when you finished most stuff.

old hand
old hand
It's possible but would be somewhat complicated script wise, so I wouldn't dare rip out an example off the top of my head like I usually do :P

Would take some serious work to do a quality job for something like this.

C
Cyka Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
bump

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cyka
bump

As Sniper said, it's possible but it would require some complex scripting. Is there another question you had?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hmm I don't know if you can check if a waypoint teleport happened though an event. If you can it would be easy enough to create such a system. If not you'd probably have to place a trigger at every waypoint destination and check for players walking in there. To ensure that it doesn't happen when a player just walks through that area you'd have to store the last region it was in and whenever a player enters a new region you'd have to actualise the region variable after a short delay. Then you'd check if the player was in the same region as the waypoint if he was, he didn't teleport.

Once you have an event for the teleport just have the camera fade to black, store the current location of the group and teleport them to your encounter area. Once they're done there teleport them back to the stored location. (Make sure that the teleport from the encounter area to the waypoint doesn't count as a fast travel event.)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by cedi
Hmm I don't know if you can check if a waypoint teleport happened though an event. If you can it would be easy enough to create such a system.

Almost all D:OS 1 teleport events had the option of associating an event with them. It's a MAJOR drag that's been removed in 2. So much of how I did things in D:OS 1 wouldn't work at all in 2.

You can for sure check if the player opened the waypoint UI.
Either one of these:
CharacterRequestsHomestead

ObjectFlagSet("OpenWaypointUI",_Player,_ID)

Actually you probably need both since one is for the GUI button and one is for clicking actual waypoints.

So you could set those DBs you suggest on those events. And have the event NOT out the previous DB every time to make sure you don't stack them. Like for example if you hit the button, and then didn't actually teleport.

So then when you get a RegionStarted() event you can check the DB that was generated off the two events above. You also might be able to use the built in SubRegion databases instead.

But you'd also have to account for changing regions on chapter moves. If one of your bolted on random encounters happened on a chapter change I have no idea what would happen hahaha

Last edited by SniperHF; 24/09/17 06:55 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard