Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I know it's a minor issue, but it just bugs me. Especially after making a big announcement of making the game fully voiced.

Like Divinity: Original Sin (both the original and the Enhanced Edition at first), the voice actors are not listed in the credits. Larian eventually added them via a patch once this has been pointed out with the Enhanced Edition and I was wondering if the same thing happened here.

I know it's a very minor point, but considering how good the voice acting is, these actors deserve some recognition.

P.S. If you can add who voices who, that would be appreciated.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, it is frustrating. I think in one of the D:OS versions the studio didn't even keep a record of who the actors were! A small number we know of as they were mentioned... er, somewhere, but this page mentions the following:
  • Harry Hadden-Paton as the Red Prince, a haughty but heroic lizard noble exiled from his own empire.
  • Alix Wilton Regan as Sebille, an elven assassin seeking vengeance against the Master who once enslaved her.
  • Tamaryn Payne as Lohse, a star musician possessed by an unwelcome – and powerful – visitor.
  • Chris Finney as Ifan ben-Mezd, a mercenary ex-soldier on the run from a haunted past.
  • Alec Newman as Beast, a rebel-turned-pirate who must save his people from their reckless and tyrannical queen.
  • Christopher Bonwell as the undead whose origin story will soon be revealed.

There's also a few I think I recognise, but I'm not sure, including (possibly) the same VA who did the slightly ditzy-sounding protagonist voice in Divinity 2 as the "scholarly" one (Emily Dormer, I think) but that's just a guess.

J'aime le fromage.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by vometia
Yeah, it is frustrating. I think in one of the D:OS versions the studio didn't even keep a record of who the actors were! A small number we know of as they were mentioned... er, somewhere, but this page mentions the following:
  • Harry Hadden-Paton as the Red Prince, a haughty but heroic lizard noble exiled from his own empire.
  • Alix Wilton Regan as Sebille, an elven assassin seeking vengeance against the Master who once enslaved her.
  • Tamaryn Payne as Lohse, a star musician possessed by an unwelcome – and powerful – visitor.
  • Chris Finney as Ifan ben-Mezd, a mercenary ex-soldier on the run from a haunted past.
  • Alec Newman as Beast, a rebel-turned-pirate who must save his people from their reckless and tyrannical queen.
  • Christopher Bonwell as the undead whose origin story will soon be revealed.

There's also a few I think I recognise, but I'm not sure, including (possibly) the same VA who did the slightly ditzy-sounding protagonist voice in Divinity 2 as the "scholarly" one (Emily Dormer, I think) but that's just a guess.

An all English cast from what I've noticed.

No Samuel l jacksons or James Earl Jones, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

T
T
That's a damn shame indeed, especially since the voice acting in this game is phenomenal. It's been a true joy to listen to. Maybe they'll patch the VA credits in again, the actors and actresses definitely deserve recognition for their excellent work, imo.

Last edited by Terodil; 23/09/17 10:54 AM.
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Does anyone know who I should contact for this to be corrected?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard