Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#619706 23/09/17 10:09 AM
Edvin Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I tried to search the forum, but I found only a lot of different opinions and non-functionless links.

I need to find some simple (I'm not any experienced programmer) editor that will allow me to change / add character tags in my save games.

Can anyone please suggest the most suitable program/s?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
That does not exist.

You will need to use the ExportTool pack, and extract the save games to a format that is readable in a text editor, and manually search through the file to find the area to edit/add tags.

You can also use a Trainer that gives you unlimited tags.

You can also download a mod from Steam that gives you extra tags during character creation.

apprentice
apprentice
Are you referring to a save game editor? If so, I don't think you're in the right forum for that, as it isn't really modding, but to answer your question, they don't exist (yet). There are cheat engine trainers and the like, but there aren't any save game editors.

Edit: Looks like Gel214th beat me to it.

Last edited by Xephael; 23/09/17 01:36 PM.
Edvin Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gel214th
You will need to use the ExportTool pack, and extract the save games to a format that is readable in a text editor, and manually search through the file to find the area to edit/add tags.

I tried that.
I can use ExportTool and convert LSV file to two LSF files and then make changes in my save but ExportTool is not able transfer LSF files back to LSV and if I try start load save game with LSF files, game crash.

Originally Posted by Xephael
Are you referring to a save game editor? If so, I don't think you're in the right forum for that, as it isn't really modding.

I could not find any mention of something like "save game editor" but people have already begun to create mods that are able to add new skills or tags and I thought that these people use programs that could help me with my problem.

So in a sense it's a question about modding. hehe

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Edvin
I could not find any mention of something like "save game editor" but people have already begun to create mods that are able to add new skills or tags and I thought that these people use programs that could help me with my problem.

So in a sense it's a question about modding. hehe

They use a combination of the Divinity Engine 2 (https://docs.larian.game/The_Divinity_Engine_2) and .pak extraction (https://docs.larian.game/Pak_Extractor_Guide).

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
You're not supposed to need to repack the saves

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605573

There is a tutorial on how to edit your saves

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard