Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mrbig Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
After you use magic mirror to respec, every character you respecced will change their potraits to a much worse, low res portrait.

It made me chuckle for a good 15 minutes and reloaded plenty of times simply cuz dem portraits are simply horrible ( Sebille face is all dirty and stuff)

It's a simple fix, do something pls

S
stranger
stranger
S
Seconded.
I've got the same bug. I'd really like to respec some points but I'd also like to keep my character portraits. Especially Sebilles portrait looks just awfull after using the magic mirror.

T
T
Thirded. My Sebille looks like she has a rash now :<

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
This is the most significant bug fix it please <3

M
stranger
stranger
M
The same thing probbably hit my Fane grin only Elf transformation looks okay the rest are unusable and get a really purple/pink colour that is just horrible. Posted a screenshot a bit lower in this thread.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by vometia; 25/09/17 12:28 PM. Reason: formatting
T
T
Note to self: Take Fane to see the mirror. He looks positively smashing with his pink skull. =D

D
stranger
stranger
D
I also have this problem, all origin character are affected.
Sebille, Ifan and Red Prince all get portraits that seem to be much lower quality. Only using the mirror is enough, even if you don't change anything the portrait changes.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Same here , you don't even need to change anything just opening the mirror with a character breaks the portraits.

F
stranger
stranger
F
First other bugg that causes the same issues as I had with Fane after using his mask: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=619293

And when I think about it, I also have the portrait bug as all my portraits are low quality without any gear/armor visible on any of the characters...

R
R
Bibity bobity bump. Would love to get the original portraits for the characters, they are solo much better.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I just encountered the same bug too! I used the mirror and now the portraits changed and are much much uglier than the ones the previous actual ones! It seems as if some placeholder older version of the portraits is accidentally used.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yup, using the mirror still ruins origin character portraits. If you're playing as an origin character, it also happens at character creation (ie. game start), which is quite annoying. It happens even if you didn't change anything about the appearance or even click the tab, so yeah, the bug is definitely still in the game.

The same issues are complained about in these threads:

[url=http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=627809](Bug) Portraits messed up after using mirror[/url]
[url=http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=628463]Origin Character Portrait[/url]

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello, I would like to also request this bug get fixed ASAP!

In the meantime however, does anyone know of a way to force the origin character portrait back to how it should be? Either through some kind of dev console or mod or whatnot?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi

Same stuff here, patch didn't help.... we need some info

S
stranger
stranger
S
This bug still is not fixed after the latest patch 3.0.150.188. Is there any way around this until the devs are able to fix this?

O
stranger
stranger
O
I also play an Origins character and I am still affected after yesterdays patch. I think it is because the portraits in the character creation at the very start of the game have not been updated. If you notice then the placeholders are used, but once you start the actual game, the correct ones apply. But after you use the mirror, it reverts to the placeholder ones of character creation.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,
This worked for me - If some of your characters have very low quality portraits when playing with lower video settings, change the video settings to Ultra before using the respec mirror on the Lady Vengeance.
This will change the portraits of your characters to high quality ones.
After this you can switch to lower quality graphics settings.
I only tested with Ultra quality for the Video Settings.
You don't even have to change anything on your character, just use the mirror by clicking on it and then click the Accept button - this will change the portrait of the character if you upgraded the video quality for the graphics before clicking on the mirror.
You besicaly exit the mirror with the quality for your portrait given by the game's graphics quality settings.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard