Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
From the looks of things, it completely retcons out Divinity 2 and Beyond Divinity, basically everything after Lucian becomes Divine seems to be changed.

veteran
veteran
I should hold my judgement, it's possible that there's all a big twist at the end. In fact, I'm somewhat hoping that there is.

W
W
this takes place shortly before beyound divinity

stranger
stranger
Is there a (sub)forum somewhere about the lore in the world of Divinity ? I only played dos and dos2 and I honestly did not remember anything about the lore from dos when I started playing dos2> I would like to read about how the games are connected, dos2 story was just awesome but now I have so many question...

Can somebody tell me how demons fit into this universe ? and what exactly Malady is besides being a half demon... was she a characted in other games ?

Cheers!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There isn't a subform for lore, I'm afraid. I think a lot of us would like to have a clearer picture of how things fit together; I haven't checked the books that came with the CE which may or may not offer any clarity, but in spite of hoping one of them would be a lore book (and a proper map of Rivellon) I fear not.

I'm curious to know if any of the characters we've encountered have any bearing on those in other games, though they're normally quite explicit about that sort of thing such as Zombie Jake turning up more than once.

There is a timeline floating about somewhere though I'm not sure how definitive it is.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
There isn't a subform for lore, I'm afraid. I think a lot of us would like to have a clearer picture of how things fit together; I haven't checked the books that came with the CE which may or may not offer any clarity, but in spite of hoping one of them would be a lore book (and a proper map of Rivellon) I fear not.

I'm curious to know if any of the characters we've encountered have any bearing on those in other games, though they're normally quite explicit about that sort of thing such as Zombie Jake turning up more than once.

There is a timeline floating about somewhere though I'm not sure how definitive it is.

I have the lore book, digital copy atm. Waiting for hard copy in mail. I can say the lore book is very well written and detailed. I would give the writing a 10/10.

Unfortunately, and I may be remembering it wrong, it does not go into much detail about anything other than current DOS2 lore. Such as in depth details of the origin stories. Which is nice and very detailed. Would like to see more lore about established characters, i.e. Lucian, Void Knights, Damien, Arhu, Bellegar... etc...

I hope they add some more lore books in the future. For me, the story and lore of the game make the journey more worth while.

Last edited by Lady Cassandra; 24/09/17 07:27 PM. Reason: add words

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Lady Cassandra
I have the lore book, digital copy atm. Waiting for hard copy in mail. I can say the lore book is very well written and detailed. I would give the writing a 10/10.

Unfortunately, and I may be remembering it wrong, it does not go into much detail about anything other than current DOS2 lore. Such as in depth details of the origin stories. Which is nice and very detailed. Would like to see more lore about established characters, i.e. Lucian, Void Knights, Damien, Arhu, Bellegar... etc...

I hope they add some more lore books in the future. For me, the story and lore of the game make the journey more worth while.

Thanks for the clarification! I only flicked through it very quickly as I didn't want to afflict myself with too many spoilers so it's good to know it has a lot more detail than I suspected.

I do wish they'd go into more detail about how the various games are tied together, though. Having said that, my Lucian from the original game was female and a bit of a drip and not at all as depicted in subsequent games, so maybe the lore is what you make of it...

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by withpuppys
this takes place shortly before beyound divinity

Impossible, because Lucian was alive at the end of Beyond Divinity. Therefore it takes place some time after Beyond Divinity.

I haven't read the Lore book yet, but after the Kickstarter ended I felt a little silly having anticipated it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Lady Cassandra

Thanks for the clarification! I only flicked through it very quickly as I didn't want to afflict myself with too many spoilers so it's good to know it has a lot more detail than I suspected.

I do wish they'd go into more detail about how the various games are tied together, though. Having said that, my Lucian from the original game was female and a bit of a drip and not at all as depicted in subsequent games, so maybe the lore is what you make of it...

I totally agree with the lore being what you make of it. I love reading the dialogues, books, etc... But when I run across storylines I'm not particularly fond of, I just ignore it and make my own fantasy in my head.

I can't wait to get the hard copy lore book and art book in my hands. Those two books were my motivation for buying the CE.

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard