Print Thread
#620315 24/09/17 06:23 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hi there, first time playing a DO game.

I didn't know how many origin chars there were and that your choice to pick their class when you meet them is final. I kept their main choices and now I am left with all mages pretty much.

1) Should I reload from landing on shore to be more selective with my companion's builds?

2) Was thinking this group:
- 1 fighter (me)
- 1 mage
- 1 ranger
- 1 rouge

Viable?

3) Do I just choose what chatecors I like the most? Seems like I have to leave 2 or so behind in fort joy.

Thanks!!!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Have nearly the montioned group, and I'm already struggling in Fort Joy.

Dwarf Mage (geo-, pyro), Fighter (single, warfare, geomancer), Rouge (finesse, dual-w.), Ranger (finesse, huntsman)

I surely lack of skill, but due to the mixed types of damage, in fights I need to bring down both armor, physical and magic to deal damage. This means every fight I lose a few rounds before my mage can deal damage. And every turn counts, so these 3 or 4 lost rounds really hurt my group. I loose 1 character each battle (i do no save/load during battle).
And since I have no healing capabilitys I need to use potions, every time. But they are not "infinite" like spells or skills, so this doesn't make it easier. I don't think this party was a good decision and consider re-rolling to a physical- only /w support, or magic-damage only party.

Last edited by nn23; 24/09/17 07:17 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
there is a talent called stench taht you should get on all chars exept the tank and the fights will be alot diff and specially during act 1 the mage is really weak and is more usefull as a support/healer then a real damage dealer, i used the same setup as you and have no problem too go through the game on tactician mode

T
T
A few comments from my point of view:

1. People tend to recommend going either physical or magical mainly with your party composition. I agree because of how armor in the game works. I have three physical damage dealers currently and one (mainly support, but a bit of damage) mage too.

2. Get hydromancy on at least one, if not more, non-mage characters. The healing spells do not scale with INT, just character and hydromancy level, so it's excellent to keep your party up. Summoning works the same way, by the way, and can provide very useful battlefield support.

3. Rouges are underpowdered, mascaras are much better.

4. Also pay attention to social skills. You should at least have one barterer in your party, and possibly one character dedicated to lucky find. I would personally also suggest your (main) character to have persuasion, if you like to roleplay.

5. OS2 makes it easy to what other games call 'cross-class'. Once you advance in levels, consider dropping 1-2 points into other 'classes' to enable massive synergies / tools (e.g. polymorph is very useful (fly, heart of iron, chamaeleon etc.), warfare for mages etc.).

6. Be aware that tanking does not work like in other games. You cannot send the plate dude in and tell him to keep enemies occupied. Every single freaking mob in this game is a battlefield tactician genius, and everything from 3 screens off will rush your squishiest character. This means that your focus should always be on offense and crowd control rather than defense. (There are a few exceptions later in game that help with 'tanking', but more in a synergistic way: leadership provides a significant aoe bonus to defenses except to the one who has it, and defensive aura is a very useful tool.)

7. You can only ever bring 3 companions with you. I'd pick the three you are most interested in roleplaying-wise and stick with them.

8. You can respec any character at any time once you progress past a certain point in the game. You do not need to reroll if you feel your character turned out 'wrong'.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard