Print Thread
#620326 24/09/17 07:02 AM
S
Samma3l Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
so the other day men and my lvl 14 duo killed grog the troll (lvl 18) in 1 turn. (lonewolf tactician)
Start by taking you´r polymorpher down to 1 health with the help of living on the edge and initiate the fight, take down he´s physical armor and have the polymorpher use forced exchange and finnish him off.
This is a very broken skill that needs to be fixed, with it you can kill any mob as long as you mange to take down he´s physical armor

Last edited by Samma3l; 24/09/17 07:02 AM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
There are so many broken/weak things in all games. You can ignore that skill if you find broken. It's simple as that. For me bigger problem is 2H warriors. I'm not a pro in this game or have ridiculous items. I'm still using Lohar's Hammer at level 15 in Tactician. Put all my point into strength, two-handed and warfare and 2 into necro. With Executioner I can kill 2 enemy in first turn without pre-buff and all that stuff.

T
T
Originally Posted by Kawall
You can ignore that skill if you find broken.

Indeed.

To me it's just clever use of game mechanics. Why remove everything that lies outside of the 'beat up sack of rice until it topples over' mantra?

In the same vein your could argue that Emily in Dishonored 2 should no longer be able to use Doppelgänger and Domino together, yet it is probably the most beloved combination out there... despite it being "broken" in your sense.

Please leave fun alone.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Samma3l
you can kill any mob as long as you mange to take down he´s physical armor

It's basically true in any case, as long as you able to remove enemies armor, they are dead (some exception maybe for some though enemy with high perseverance). I think most of the balance of the game is focused around phys/magic armor.

S
Samma3l Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by drBrod

It's basically true in any case, as long as you able to remove enemies armor, they are dead (some exception maybe for some though enemy with high perseverance). I think most of the balance of the game is focused around phys/magic armor.

2 lvl 14 vs a lvl 18 with 15k hp that hits for about 1500 damage and kills you in 1 hit with All in. So no, just by getting his armor down does not mean he´s dead

addict
addict
With knockdown arrow in the game, unless the enemy has perseverance (usually only bosses have it), you can permanently keep an enemy down.

So yeah, you do win unless there are multiple enemies. Even if they are immune to KD, you can probably stun/freeze them with the elemental arrow anyway.

So if the level 18 you're talking about is a bridge troll, always using 2 electric arrow and one of the guy using fire attack to permanently burn him and remove his troll blood should serve as a good example of why having no armor = death.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by drBrod

2 lvl 14 vs a lvl 18 with 15k hp that hits for about 1500 damage and kills you in 1 hit with All in. So no, just by getting his armor down does not mean he´s dead

If there is only one target without armors it's dead really, simply because you can chain CC it forever as mentioned above.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
so the other day men and my lvl 14 duo killed grog the troll (lvl 18) in 1 turn. (lonewolf tactician)
Start by taking you´r polymorpher down to 1 health with the help of living on the edge and initiate the fight, take down he´s physical armor and have the polymorpher use forced exchange and finnish him off.
This is a very broken skill that needs to be fixed, with it you can kill any mob as long as you mange to take down he´s physical armor

The developers have said this is intentional, and that they aren't going to remove these types of combinations from the game. If you figure out a killer combo and want to keep using it throughout the game, then go ahead. If you don't want to, then don't use that combination.

http://www.pcgamer.com/an-infinite-damage-combo-has-been-discovered-in-divinity-original-sin-2/

For now, rather than 'fix' the combo, Walgrave says they "applaud" it. Examples of techniques that would be patched out include anything that "breaks the fun" or is actually a bug. "If this would tick in realtime, it would be a bug," wrote Walgrave. "And if this does not cost AP/skills and/or is not blocked by cooldown/consuming a scroll/... then we look into it."

It's not broken, it's a technique that you can use. Skill points are consumed, APs are used, you must set it up beforehand and choose to do it.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
can techniques you can use not be broken? i believe they patched one out pretty recently

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard