Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
So I'm at the very beginning of the game and am having issues with friendly fire and secondary effects. For example, my melee fighters almost always seem to be stuck in a pool of blood, effectively negating my mage's default electrical attack. Fine you say, move them out of the pool. But then they waste AP and attract attacks of opportunity...

In my most recent battle, my summoner managed to summon an incarnate from a fire on the battlefield. Great, right? Not quite. The thing's ranged attack turned out to be a fireball and set the whole battlefield on fire. And of course I didn't have a Rain spell to extinguish the blaze.

So it seems I may need to rethink my party composition and strategy, which is fairly difficult given I don't know the magic system or how the various abilities/spells synergize.

TL;DR What are some good classes and strategies for a clueless noob to help him avoid killing his own party?

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Give your melee fighters more mobility skills. Phoenix Dive, Battering Ram, Tactical Retreat, Blitz Attack, Backlash,... Battle Stomp also clears surfaces & clouds. Have a mage use teleport or other transportation skills. Or just make sure to boost your magical defences/resistances(with spells/potions/food/...). Preparing the battlefield before the battle also avoids some of this. Mobility skills are insanely handy.

What difficulty are you playing on btw?

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I'm playing at the default difficulty. Classic, I think? Right now I'm *very* early in the game, still at Level 2, so I think most of those abilities aren't open to me yet. I think Red Prince has battle stomp, but that's the only one I've seen so far.

I handled the telporting crocs fairly well, but then I stumbled across something undead on the beach munching on a corpse. He handed me my butt on a plate. Or perhaps, I handed myself my own butt.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard