Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello all,

This a personal requests for Larian, but I know there are more members of this community also waiting for this since long time ago.

I'm an artist myself and even if I know lot of tech stuff (needed for my daily workflow), we really need an official support for standards if we want to focus on creation and less in "how to avoid tech issues". I'm talking about an official import/export tool for most used formats, "fbx" (the main one) and "obj" if needed.

The converter tools we have now (thanks to Norbyte) works great for some things but this is not a solution if we want a solid workflow and avoid any kind of issues with complex stuff (like animations, smoothing groups, etc).

fbx support would be awesome for all we need. Max, Maya, MODO, Substance painter/designer, Blender, UE, Unity.. and many many more have a strong fbx support. Fbx do a fantastic job with all this, and I never had any issues working with UE, Unity and other engines. Unfortunately I can't say the same with collada files.

Please Larian, consider to implement a good solid import/export tool for fbx/obj.

/wave,
ISVRaDa

Last edited by Rada Torment; 26/09/17 03:09 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Seconded!

Made a forum account just to post my support.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This would improve productivity immensely. It's pretty clunky right now to have to convert things and hope it's all working correctly.

Support for loading them inside the editor/game, even if it's purely for modders, would be tremendously helpful in the long run.

addict
addict
We have internal scripts for max/maya exporters to the granny format which will be added to the toolset. We'll put up an installation guide for them as well. Normally in our next update.
We are currently making sure we have all necessary versions and that they work as intended.
Do you require a photoshop dds exporter as well?

CTRL+K the elf
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
We have internal scripts for max/maya exporters to the granny format which will be added to the toolset. We'll put up an installation guide for them as well. Normally in our next update.
We are currently making sure we have all necessary versions and that they work as intended.
Do you require a photoshop dds exporter as well?

That's awesome Kevin! can't wait to see all improvements.

Thank you.

journeyman
journeyman
I hope that means we'll getting also animation support with that script.
Also playing with the editor I've seen some PBR textures, Are all the game textures PBR? some documentation to to a proper textures workflow between Substance (Designer or Painter) and the divinity engine would be much appreciated.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Noctro
I hope that means we'll getting also animation support with that script.
Also playing with the editor I've seen some PBR textures, Are all the game textures PBR? some documentation to to a proper textures workflow between Substance (Designer or Painter) and the divinity engine would be much appreciated.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=621913#Post621913

wink

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard