Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I am bit desperate because my first detailed big map got stuck or even corrupted half way:
Suddenly i could not select any items anmore. Yes, i checked select-menu, restarted editor, level amd even tried with a copy of my level. Still no chance to click select any item. They are selectable through te world builder though. Also my mouse cursor seems to disappear and just reappears when clicking in another panel. I still can select items by dragging, though impossible to select one item only.

An older version of the level still works fine. The last thing i remember before that issue was placing a boat ( small with dynamic in name), though no idea if thats really the causinf problem.

I could make and reimport in new level a prefab of all items but would loose huge amount of work of terrain and texturing.

Any idea. Please help. It is hard to get the motovation to redo everything.

Thanks and i am happy to answer further questions or provide files screenshots.

Hi morez,

Try checking the World Outliner. If you lock the layer those entities are in, it makes them unselectable.

morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi JB,

thanks for answering so fast.

Unfortunately your hint wasn't helping. I still have this issue, that i cant select any item by clicking. Still selectable via drag (but impossible to select one single item) or via World Outliner.

If i right-click in the map my cursor disappears (still working though, just not visible) and only reappears after clicking in other panels of the editor.

Any Idea?

I am not sure. As a workaround, you could try turning your level into a LevelTemplate and place that in another level, as opposed to creating a prefab. This way you will not lose your terrain.

Last edited by Larian_JB; 26/09/17 12:47 PM.
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Exporting to LevelTemplate gives me a CriticalError message and doesnt seem to export. (At least doesnt show up in the root templates

[Linked Image]

Still is weird that just with that corrupted level and all further copies i also do have that mouse disappear bug once i right-click in the map.

morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Okay, this might be mire informative:
When loading that corrupted level it tells me that "template could not find root with id .."
i cant even find that template in the World Outliner
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by morez; 27/09/17 09:47 AM.
If your local templates used custom root templates defined in the original project they might indeed become unselectable. Check your invalid objects panel.

Root templates are defined in "Data\Public\{ProjectName}\RootTemplates\". You could try copying those over to your new project.

morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just deleted all invalid objects. still same problem. Each click in the map increases down the critical errors. look i stack a lot by clicking in the map:
[Linked Image]

and really thanks you so much for helping here. i appreciate that.

And nothing is selectable by clicking but as i said you can select via dragging or world outliner

Last edited by morez; 27/09/17 09:55 AM.
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Okay just to let et you know: I somehow SOLVED it, though not really understand why.

I deleted all light point items and several triggers (mainly soundvolumetrigger and pointsoundtrigger) which i added after the last working version.

Now it seems to be fixed.

Last edited by morez; 29/09/17 08:11 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard