Next Thread
Print Thread
#622293 27/09/17 08:48 AM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
I'm level 14 now (same as Lone Wolves here) and I'm getting smashed before I can get anywhere near Roost! Please has anyone got any tips for this fight?

Thanks,
LS.

Lostsheep #622314 27/09/17 09:21 AM
old hand
old hand
What difficulty? I'm on Classic. I entered the sawmill from the coastal side with lvl 14 and got attacked by four lvl 14 thugs. I killed one, a mage, no problem so far with the three remaining, one was already half dead. Then I saw a certain Mummy Dearest, lvl 15, far away in the south of the building, buff herself with Favourable Winds. She went an incredible distance, disembollewed my elf main (onehanded and shield "tank") with two or three hits, then went further and gutted Sebille, my ranger, too, all in her first turn. I was quite amazed.

I had not saved for a time. Ifan (two-handed warrior), Lohse (summoner) and Dumpling, her 12 points incarnate, decided to fight it through. I'm not quite sure how I managed it but I won the fight, 3 against 4.

First I killed the half-dead rogue. Then I concentrated on Mummy Dearest, to kill her before her monster skills became available again. It was not made easier by the fact that they teleported me two times around but I succeeded. Then I killed the ranger and the annoying bomb-guy at the end.

You could perhaps do better and set an ambush. Position yourself in the small allyway towards the coast and lure them towards you. Or attack Mummy Dearest first in a blitz attack. I'm not sure wether it is possble to avoid her getting involved in the fight against the other four thugs alltogether. Maybe I made a mistake to run/jump too far into the courtyard. Without her the fight would be a picknick.

When you come from the south, you face three tribal thugs. I killed them with lvl 16, boring of course. With lvl 14 it would be no task to win, but I fear, Mummy and the other would be involved too, so it may be bad to take this way.

Last edited by geala; 27/09/17 09:27 AM.
Lostsheep #622352 27/09/17 10:47 AM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Thanks for that, you're right, the key is to kill Mommie Dearest first. If you enter the cabin through the door on the right (looking from seaward side) you can fight her on her own.

Lostsheep #622764 28/09/17 02:56 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
If you come in through the main bridge at the bottom- through all the traps/poison- you can talk to the guards as Ifan and they will be deferential and let you right in. Then everyone is yellow and you can even trade with the potion maker and fletcher before you start the quest with Roost.

However: [spoiler] be ready to fight once you kill Roost. I found that if you go out the left door, toward the fletcher, you will only agro the NPCs on that end and when you kill them you can rest up before fighting the ones on the right. If you go out the front door you pull everyone at the same time.
[/spoiler].

Last edited by ceruleanspiral; 28/09/17 02:57 AM.
Lostsheep #631505 16/10/17 04:16 PM
veteran
veteran
So is that the only real tip, kill Mommie Dearest first? I do not have Ifan, so talking my way in is not an option, besides, I still would need to walk out with the hostage.

EDIT: Huh, well that worked fairly well after I worked out the hiccup of Mommie Dearest one-shotting 1100+ worth of health and armor with All In on my mage.

Four of the enemies have been eliminated, so I can probably handle the remaining ones.

Last edited by Stabbey; 16/10/17 05:03 PM.
Stabbey #631508 16/10/17 04:28 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
So is that the only real tip, kill Mommie Dearest first? I do not have Ifan, so talking my way in is not an option, besides, I still would need to walk out with the hostage.

First, leave the hostage be until everyone's dealt with. Don't even initiate a conversation.

Secondly, on classic, I found several ways of dealing with Mummie. With Ifan, I go for Roost first, position my group in the mill and send out summons to keep them busy. Mummie is a deadly attacker with seemingly endless AP. But she doesn't take a lot of damage. I concentrate everything on her before I even bother with the others. They're not that powerful anyway.

Without Ifan I go in from the rear and attack Slumberjack first. I position a strong summon in the doorway to Mummies chamber and make my group stay under the protective dome of my player with every buff available. Mummie goes all out on the summon, but while doing that, you can whittle her down with ranged attacks. Once she's down, it's pretty easy to deal with the rest.

Lostsheep #631532 16/10/17 05:59 PM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I do not have Ifan, so talking my way in is not an option, besides, I still would need to walk out with the hostage.

Use spirit vision in the driftwood tavern
There is a trader upstairs. If you speak with the ghost in his room, it reveals that the trader is a lone wolf and killed the real trader. If you confront him with this you need to fight him. He drops a letter and some sort of symbol. If you show the symbol to the front guard you can enter the sawmill without fight.
I think to free the elf you still need to fight them, but it puts you in a better position, if you can prepare the area. Additional you can also do a couple of quests involving the ghosts hanging out there, that can only be finished if the lone wolves are still alive.

Last edited by Tommy123; 16/10/17 06:00 PM.
Tommy123 #631548 16/10/17 07:03 PM
veteran
veteran
I ended up teleporting Mummy Dearest to the riverside and killing her in isolation. That stirred the camp up so teleporting Slumberjack was harder, but I cleared out four that way, and the other 5 were easier to deal with.

Originally Posted by Tommy123
I do not have Ifan, so talking my way in is not an option, besides, I still would need to walk out with the hostage.

Use spirit vision in the driftwood tavern
There is a trader upstairs. If you speak with the ghost in his room, it reveals that the trader is a lone wolf and killed the real trader. If you confront him with this you need to fight him. He drops a letter and some sort of symbol. If you show the symbol to the front guard you can enter the sawmill without fight.
I think to free the elf you still need to fight them, but it puts you in a better position, if you can prepare the area. Additional you can also do a couple of quests involving the ghosts hanging out there, that can only be finished if the lone wolves are still alive.

I had already found the tavern trader guy and his lone wolf symbol, but I left him alive because I needed to merchants for shopping to replace my gear. Anyway, they're all dead now.

There might be one or two quests you can do while the Lone Wolves are alive, but there are three or so you can instantly complete while they're dead even if you never got them before killing the Line Wolves.

Stabbey #631551 16/10/17 07:15 PM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
You can talk your way in without Ifan, tell them you want to trade, it does have a persuasion check but I didnt have any trouble with it, your other option is to kill the Lone Wolf in the Driftwood tavern and take his amulet, that too gets you into the door without a fight.

Lostsheep #631558 16/10/17 07:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Meh. I have no good reason to keep them alive, and the documents I lifted from the sleeping guard gave me a very pragmatic reason to kill them. Also I already pickpocketed all the good stuff they had with my Level 9 Thievery.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard