Next Thread
Print Thread
#623160 28/09/17 06:05 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
[[This is a repost from a different section, since I originally posted it in the wrong area]]

I'm having an issue with Fane's companion/romance route - which takes place after the romance scene that happens after the Nameless Isles' finale. As soon as that finishes up, and then the party lands in Arx, I have no follow-up dialogue regarding the romance encounter...

For the sake of reference, I have selected all the +Attitude options in terms of dialogue, obtained both the face ripper and the mask of the shapeshifter, completed the quest line in the Black Pits, did both of the romance encounters... and convinced him to support my character as divine - yet in the epilogue - even though I have maxed out attitude and got the last romance encounter/convinced him to support me as divine, I get the bad ending, where he doesn't support me in the end.

I saw a video on youtube that did an entire segment on his questline and romance route, and it was uploaded about 4 days ago, and I'm trying to reference the video entirely and also reach out to the person and see if they did anything special; although now It's going to be my 5th playthrough this time around, and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or if it's just bugged.

I also have started a thread on steam community, and it seems there are others who share the same issue as I.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I am having a similar issue. This is my first play through and I have had the romance scene with Fane. However there is no follow up conversation after we land in Arx. My log entry is updated, but there is no option to discuss like there is with other characters. Is this a bug?

L
stranger
stranger
L
It must be bugged or something. I can't seem to get the follow up dialogue to show up in Arx either.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hopefully this patch fixed it - i'm trying it out right now.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Did you see any changes post patch in your play through?

I tried loading up my save from the Nameless isles and replaying up to Arx and it seems like this was not addressed in today's patch. I was still unable to get the dialogue with Fane. frown Like you, I have done everything required to romance him to a T.

I'm going to try creating a new game and seeing if it's just my current save file. I will update this thread on how that goes. (: Fingers crossed.

I've had terrible luck in my playthroughs. ;-; I would forgive the Lady Vengeance being broken and all the other bugs I've ran into if I could at least experience the companions and story as they were intended to be experienced. //sobs quietly

Last edited by Lyrei; 07/10/17 05:36 AM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I've tried my previous saves and they didn't work out. I've posted something in the patch notes thread, so hopefully they'll see it there - but so far it's looking like it's still broken. I saw a post saying that playing as Fane himself as your player character is broken as well in terms of the ending.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm getting this same exact issue (custom avatar, undead human). I looked into this after it seemed a little strange how his only two dialogue options were to ask him to leave the party or exit the conversation in Arx, and I'm a little reassured I'm not the only one with this problem. I did all his personal quests, affection at 100, etc. I've seen a video where someone managed to get his Arx dialogue, so it does look possible. Rolling back to earlier saves hasn't seemed to help.

It looks like it's probably a flag/dialogue branch misfiring somewhere. The dialogue that leads into it (his first and second line regarding Arx that lead into the romance followup discussion) pop up before he goes back to solely saying the first line after dismissing the conversation three times. Maybe that's where it's breaking for the rest of the game. Very strange.

I might try replaying with a different race combination or an origin character to see if it has anything to do with tags. I know the undead tag has a tendency to mess with plenty of dialogue at the moment, but it could be a separate thing entirely. Any reports on if this bug happens with normal races/origins or not too?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Goto the respec mirror with fane, then accept, now try and talk to him.

If you can't go below deck due to act2 bug that no one is able to fix. Well, crap, maybe a modder will move the respec mirror one day for act2.....

L
stranger
stranger
L
Using the respec mirror didn't fix it for me unfortunately, but thanks for the reply. Only thing to do right now is to wait for a fix or find out what exactly breaks it since it seems that some players were able to advance despite all odds here(according to the video I've seen anyway). It's a shame that Fane and Sebille are so broken with their routes right now and mess with future choices/endings since they're two of my favorite characters.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Sorry to hear you've been hit by this as well. I haven't played undead on any of my playthroughs so I don't think it's a race issue. Hopefully sharing our experiences will get the dev team to notice this problem and fix it. For both Sebille and Fane.

I've decided to put the game down until they patch out some of the issues. All these bugs have really spoiled my enjoyment for the time being. I look forward to picking it up again once it's in better shape.

Last edited by Lyrei; 12/10/17 12:33 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm having the problem with Fane's romance dialogue as well. I replayed the game with a new character and went the same romance path hoping it would was just an issue with my character somehow, but the same bug occurred when I reached Act 4.

There are only a few things I can think of that I know for sure I have in common with both of my characters. One is I never asked Fane why he was ignorant about the world in Act 1. The question seemed unnecessary from an RP pov so I skipped it. I highly doubt that caused the issue though, since the majour romance scene before Arx still worked fine.

The other things in common are both my characters were male and they both used the method of persuading Fane to support them in the race for Divinity that didn't require an actual persuasion check. (Neither of my characters had Persuade leveled very high, so I didn't bother trying those options.) Can someone confirm that the bug still occurred for them even if they used one of the persuasion check dialogue lines? I'm tryna think of anything right now; I really want to get the dialogue to show up. x[

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Lyrei
Sorry to hear you've been hit by this as well. I haven't played undead on any of my playthroughs so I don't think it's a race issue. Hopefully sharing our experiences will get the dev team to notice this problem and fix it. For both Sebille and Fane.

I've decided to put the game down until they patch out some of the issues. All these bugs have really spoiled my enjoyment for the time being. I look forward to picking it up again once it's in better shape.

Appreciate the update on the race tags - one more thing to cross off the list I guess. And yeah, can't say I blame you all that much. This is one of the best crpgs I've played in a long, long time and I really hope it gets the polishing it deserves in later patches. I'm a little disinclined to continue right now myself knowing stuff is just going to break down the road.

Originally Posted by solifugae
I'm having the problem with Fane's romance dialogue as well. I replayed the game with a new character and went the same romance path hoping it would was just an issue with my character somehow, but the same bug occurred when I reached Act 4.

There are only a few things I can think of that I know for sure I have in common with both of my characters. One is I never asked Fane why he was ignorant about the world in Act 1. The question seemed unnecessary from an RP pov so I skipped it. I highly doubt that caused the issue though, since the majour romance scene before Arx still worked fine.

The other things in common are both my characters were male and they both used the method of persuading Fane to support them in the race for Divinity that didn't require an actual persuasion check. (Neither of my characters had Persuade leveled very high, so I didn't bother trying those options.) Can someone confirm that the bug still occurred for them even if they used one of the persuasion check dialogue lines? I'm tryna think of anything right now; I really want to get the dialogue to show up. x[

I just went back to the check before the Academy and used the persuasion(finesse) option over affinity, and it gave the same result upon arrival to Arx. No new dialogue, just the option to dismiss and end the conversation.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hello. Has this problem been solved already? Unfortunately I appeared to be in the same situation.

L
stranger
stranger
L
There is a patch in the works that should be dropping soon, but who knows if it's been addressed or not in the upcoming update. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Interesting thing I've noticed and a question for anyone else following this thread: Were you given the opportunity to call Fane out on what his problem was on the boat? I reloaded an earlier save and replayed the scene and wasn't given the dialogue branch - I'm wondering if it may be related to this not appearing.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I did not see that option in either of my two Fane Romance playthroughs that are missing the Arx dialogue... :(

Last edited by solifugae; 26/10/17 08:51 PM.
stranger
stranger
so it`s 2019, has it been fixed?? because this one diauloge after romance scene between acts 1 and 2 still does not appear

Support
Support

It should have been fixed.

If you are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your save when first arriving in Arx and the most recent save before the act transition (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and if available a save before the romance event. If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard