#623174 28/09/17 06:17 PM
N
Noreply Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Greetings,

I've finished act 1 without problems, but while loading act 2 the loading times are significantly longer. After doing a bit of research, i've found that others also have/had this problem that was/wasn't solved by a hotfix. It takes me 4 to 5 minutes to load into act 2, saving also takes a long time.

I also noticed that my save file increases 5MB in size, from 6 MB to 11 MB. Is that normal?

Hopefully someone can offer a solution, because I can't play the game in this state.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Even going back to the main menu from act 2 takes 4-5 minutes..

Last edited by Noreply; 28/09/17 06:18 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
My savegames stopped loading in act 2 altogether, it loads the game fine but then when I load my saves in act 2 they all hang at 75 to 80% completion and just stay there forever. I can alt f4 out but disabling mods etc none of it seems to fix it, I've tried several different saves now and redownloading the mods etc nothing seems to fix it.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Grab a coffee while ya wait for loading screens. Mine take like 10-15 minutes before initial load.

N
Noreply Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N

That's exactly where I keep hanging, 75-80%..

I really hope someone from their team acknowledges that more than a few people suffer from this problem.

Last edited by Noreply; 28/09/17 07:24 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm on an SSD and usually loading even in act 2 only takes about 1 minute at the most, now it hangs at 80% indefinitely, it doesn't crash but does keep hogging resources and asking for more while not loading any more of the game.

N
Noreply Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Decided to try a few things out of desperation. Who'd have thought that changing the resolution would result in it automatically changing the default profile and making it unable to select any other profile..

I understand the devs are busy fixing bugs and whatnot, but is a simple acknowledgement of this problem that's affecting so many people too much to ask for?

Almost a month after release and it's starting to feel like a big waste of money, which is sad because act 1 was fun to play.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm getting a similar issue with an accompanying runtime error. Only started happening in Act 2 as well. Interestingly, the error pops up at the start of a loading screen but doesn't prevent the loading bar from continuing - until it gets to around 80%. Then loading freezes there completely.

You guys are welcome to continue trying to look for a solution but I've tried damn near everything and absolutely nothing has worked. Don't get too frustrated with yourselves cause this issue is happening to a lot of people and it's definitely just a problem the devs need to sort out.

journeyman
journeyman
I've had no problem at all, even playing a 4-char co-op on my crappy i7/Win 10'laptop with on-chip graphics and a poor internet connection from a hotel.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have same problem, please fix it

Last edited by DarDreams; 01/10/17 12:02 PM.

dardreams
S
stranger
stranger
S
It would be good if the fix is in the new patch, because it has been a week and I really want to play the rest of the game

P
stranger
stranger
P
Thank you drwargame for that amazingly helpful reply.

How can I tell you work in IT? The following joke should explain it:

How many IT Engineers does it take to fix a broken light bulb?

None, the light bulb works fine in my office, I cannot replicate the issue.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Still no progress?

I have been playing ego draconis since i have this issue.
Now the game is cleared, the bug is still not solved.

N
stranger
stranger
N
5 minutes? And I thought It is my pc with ssd loading the game for too long (15-20 seconds)
How much RAM do you have?

Last edited by nakkna; 03/10/17 08:09 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Could anyone experiencing this issue contact our support and include as much information as possible?
- include the savegame that is taking so long to load
- include which version number you are playing
- include a dxdiag.txt if possible

You can find savegame files here : Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\_yourprofilename_\Savegames\Story\ -> please zip the folder of the savegame

Send a mail to supportdos2@larian.com

N
stranger
stranger
N
lol, i send message 1 week ago and no answer from u....

(with save)

Last edited by Nick4044; 03/10/17 01:44 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Patch is out, nothing solved...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
After patch: confirming that loading times after Reaper's Coast are still around 15 mins and the stuttering after that is extreme. Game still unplayable. I'll mail the support with my details today. frown

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same issue here. Act 2 unplayable:(

S
stranger
stranger
S
Act 2 still unplayable. 26/10/2017

S
stranger
stranger
S
Loading my - by now old savegame - took 10 minutes. Reloads took longer per reload last patch, but not into trying this again, same results I guess from the first loading time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard