Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I try to combo the living on edge and one summon skill (I forgot the name) which make my minion perform 50% more damage and die next turn.

It seems like that the summon skill doesn't really improve the damage as 50%...... And my minion doesn't die on next turn, but it still die when the skill effect over.

And "living on edge" could not save my minion or extend it's life time.....

I thinks this should be a really common combo, but disappointed.

journeyman
journeyman
Probably too overpowered which seems to be why they might be cancelling one buff out for the other. Summoning is already super powerful as it stands

In my line of work, it's never a quiet day on the market.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I don't really know what's up with that skill. The first time I tried using it, I cast it on Fane, who was then promptly one-shot by a heavy hitting melee attack the next round. I thought it might just be some issue with him being undead yet again, but that wasn't the problem. Since then, it's seemed to have worked reliably on everyone, so I don't know what's up with my initial use (unless it was bugged and fixed in an early patch).

I'm not sure, but I think Door to Eternity should work with Soulcharger though. Also, the descriptions of skills and abilities in this game are terrible. Some are additive, and some are multiplicative. One will do more than the other, even if both say "5% more damage".

Last edited by Sanctuary; 29/09/17 03:47 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
All school abilities are multiplicative while all weapon related abilities are additive. So a point in Warfare gives you more damage than a point in Twohanded. They should really describe it a bit more detailed in the game.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by ExecutiveCivic
Probably too overpowered which seems to be why they might be cancelling one buff out for the other. Summoning is already super powerful as it stands

But actually my two-hand Warrior(with 80% critical chance) deal 1000+ damage (with almost-always critical hit) when my summoner's demon only hit 450+ every time.

Summoner is just a funny and balance choice for me when 2-H warrior could make much much more damage.

Last edited by July_chang; 29/09/17 08:45 AM.
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by geala
All school abilities are multiplicative while all weapon related abilities are additive. So a point in Warfare gives you more damage than a point in Twohanded. They should really describe it a bit more detailed in the game.

Could you kindly share the detail and example, please.
Thank you very much!

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
No, not really, cause I'm too lazy, sorry. well You can see it in the GM mode for example. You can try it in front of the magical mirror. Or you can read some annoying threads and guess who is right, for example here (it's only 14 pages atm): https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1495615865230181921/

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by geala
No, not really, cause I'm too lazy, sorry. well You can see it in the GM mode for example. You can try it in front of the magical mirror. Or you can read some annoying threads and guess who is right, for example here (it's only 14 pages atm): https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1495615865230181921/

I think it's stupid to compare range and melee damage…since they get different base…
I would try to figure it out when I get home.

Originally Posted by July_chang
I try to combo the living on edge and one summon skill (I forgot the name) which make my minion perform 50% more damage and die next turn.

It seems like that the summon skill doesn't really improve the damage as 50%...... And my minion doesn't die on next turn, but it still die when the skill effect over.

Living on the edge prevents your HP from going below 1hp for 2 turns. It does not prevent your summon from despawning. It will prevent it from dying from damage though.

I am curious how door to eternity, living on the edge, deathwish, and Superiority combo. I feel like superiority will over ride door to eternity but I have yet to give it a shot.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Concarne
Originally Posted by July_chang

Living on the edge prevents your HP from going below 1hp for 2 turns. It does not prevent your summon from despawning. It will prevent it from dying from damage though.

I am curious how door to eternity, living on the edge, deathwish, and Superiority combo. I feel like superiority will over ride door to eternity but I have yet to give it a shot.

I feel like that "living on edge" should work out if the skill descriptions are true.

"For 2 turns your character's Vitality cannot be reduced below 1 point, keeping them alive against all odds. If the target is a summon, their lifetime will be prolonged for the duration."

"Target summon deals 50% more base damage during its next turn, but then it dies."

Link Copied to Clipboard