Next Thread
Print Thread
#623406 29/09/17 06:25 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
To open, I'm a huge fan of this game. I was also an early-access buyer of Original Sin 1, but both games kinda had a similar problem.

In Original Sin 1, when you got better equipment, it would be... Mismatched. Horribly. This was... [i]Kinda[/i] rectified by the fabric dyes you could get, but they were so damn rare it was practically pointless.

In Original Sin 2, the problem is present and the solution from the first game isn't even present. Which leads to my suggestion.

I would be super appreciative of the ability to select armor colors in-game somehow (Maybe adding some extra options in the character creation menu, or even just in your character sheet panel in the main game). This wouldn't even be overly difficult to do, as you have the ability to select armor colors on characters in the GM Mode, so that could be used as a template for items the player wears.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Seconded

i remember BG2 option to choose those colors (main and additional). It was pretty simple and nice.

#Larianreworkarmor

Last edited by Sergey Butsenov; 29/09/17 01:14 PM. Reason: #Larianreworkarmor
stranger
stranger
Voting for dyes and even for “illusion” aka WoW’s transmog vendor. Or even equipment refine social skill, that allows you to change visual shape of your gear for proper resources.

Last edited by Kelp Dunatrim; 29/09/17 05:45 PM.
We started Act 2 dressed like mercenaries, we stood at the final boss dressed like the Clown Fiesta Crew. I'm a huge supporter of colour customization ala BG2, the circles (and especially outlines) being customisable would help a lot, as when everything is covered in necro fire and corpses knowing which one of the metal scarecrow is your current character takes a while.
Ideally without dye but, hey, I guess that's a thing that'll be added in later patches. Seems sort of obvious.

As an aside my playmate is the happiest he's ever been in our current playthrough, because he got the hat he wanted for Beast, which he didn't get for the Red Prince in the previous game; as it was a finesse helmet. Customisable gear is where it's at.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard