Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
So, I've been using the Divinity Engine 2 for a lot of basic modification but something I want to do requires editing the PAK files. I've downloaded GR2 and unpacked successfully, modified the required data. I cannot for the life of me understand how to rePAK my modified unpacked shared.pak.

When I try and navigate in GR2 to the unpacked folder(for the create package option), its requesting either a .pak or .lsv file but all I have atm is the raw unpacked information.

I've modified two files of unpacked information, data.txt and data_data.txt. I've seen people just create a .lsv by changing the extension, but do I just do that for both of the text files, place them in their own folder and throw them into my mods folder within my directory,

A:\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Mods

Whenever I look at mods done through the Divinity Engine 2 they are nicely packed in a single .lsx called meta, is there a way for me to create a file like that? Also if I do throw my files into a folder with my mods folder, when I name it do I have to include some weird hex string after the file name?

I've been looking all over and I can't find a guide for this part. Please help me.

D
stranger
stranger
D
for the meta part, not sure if this would help
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620801&Searchpage=1&Main=75880&Words=extracting&Search=true#Post620801

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thank you but I've looked at that post and from what I understand from it, its a method you use to edit or build off of mods you downloaded from a third party.

From what I understand when you download a mod from the workshop or nexus, even if you place it within your project folder within the Divinity engine, it wont register as a project that you can edit or build off of.

The post you link fixes that by creating a meta file that links the divinity engine to that third party mod for editing purposes.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I really hope bumping is allowed around here, sorry if its not, just really looking for an answer.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by ValfurienAsair
Thank you but I've looked at that post and from what I understand from it, its a method you use to edit or build off of mods you downloaded from a third party.

Yes and no. The purpose of that thread: you got that right. The general procedure: the steps are basically the same.

Whenever I look at mods done through the Divinity Engine 2 they are nicely packed in a single .lsx called meta, is there a way for me to create a file like that?

*.lsx are plain text files. Use Notepad.

But you would be better off just creating an Add-on with the editor and manually copying Data.txt to the right path within your mod's Public folder (that is, Data\Public\[mod]\Stats\Generated\Data.txt.)

Also if I do throw my files into a folder with my mods folder, when I name it do I have to include some weird hex string after the file name?

Those strings are GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers). The editor generates those strings and automatically creates the relevant folders with those strings suffixed to their names.

You don't need to do any of this if you have no intention of distributing your mod. If you don't want to distribute your mod, just copy Data.txt to Data\Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\. Create nonexistent folders as needed.

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Whenever I open one of my mods though they just have the meta.lsx file and nothing else. Can I just create all the folders need to generate a correct directory and then just place the data.txt file there?

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Whenever I open one of my mods though they just have the meta.lsx file and nothing else. Can I just create all the folders need to generate a correct directory and then just place the data.txt file there?

Just use the editor. See my edited reply.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard