Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by vivalafai
The funny thing is you're playing the game backwards. If your object in playing this type of game is to beat the game, then I assume you would do so by making the most of what you are given. If I find really good STR armor with +2 Scoundrel for my tank, I am actually happy, because now I am able to use really useful Scoundrel skills without actually putting points into Scoundrel...is your mind blown yet? Sure some items don't make sense, but why do you want to play a game where every single item you loot is an upgrade? If every item you find is an upgrade then you have to switch out armor after every battle, luls.

Also, what if I told you there are ways you could build a party so YOU DONT EVEN NEED EQUIPMENT to beat the game?

I'm just curious: What Scoundrel ability that isn't named Cloak and Dagger would someone using str based armor even be able to use? All of the rest of them require a dagger, which only scales off finesse as far as I know, which someone using str based armor is not very likely to have a lot of.

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Also, what if I told you there are ways you could build a party so YOU DONT EVEN NEED EQUIPMENT to beat the game?

I'd say it's completely irrelevant.
Good itemization is hardly a matter of "NEED" (if anything in this game you are already incline to become overpowered by yourself).
It's more about making your findings memorable, enjoyable and rewarding.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Originally Posted by Kierlak
The funny thing is you're playing the game backwards. If your object in playing this type of game is to beat the game, then I assume you would do so by making the most of what you are given. If I find really good STR armor with +2 Scoundrel for my tank, I am actually happy, because now I am able to use really useful Scoundrel skills without actually putting points into Scoundrel...is your mind blown yet? Sure some items don't make sense, but why do you want to play a game where every single item you loot is an upgrade? If every item you find is an upgrade then you have to switch out armor after every battle, luls.

I'm just curious: What Scoundrel ability that isn't named Cloak and Dagger would someone using str based armor even be able to use? All of the rest of them require a dagger, which only scales off finesse as far as I know, which someone using str based armor is not very likely to have a lot of.

Adrenaline? Anyway, the number doesn't matter, my point is that there are ways to use things to your advantage.

veteran
veteran
So you have a good armor with Str +3 and Scoundrel +2 so you can use Scoundrel skills with him and one or two level you need to replace the armor, because it is now to weak. Therefore your warrior can't use his scoundrel skills again, because it is pretty unlikely to get the same combination again... If I want my tank to use some scoundrels, I would just teach him. Far more reliable.

Anyhow scoundrel is not really one of those aweful benefits for Str gear. It is very situational, but not that bad, because there are even Scoundrel skills which take Str in account, if I'm not mistaken.

What we are talking about is stuff like: Crossbow with + 2 Str, 2-handed weapon with +1 for dual wield and similar stuff.

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I also strongly agree with Alanta that social skills should never be tied to items.
It encourages boring stuff like "Let me switch my equipment before talking to people/buying and selling stuff".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard