Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
The fact of the matter is that the system requieres changes, it is poorly designed and there are many reasons on why is this, many people have said it in many posts, it is not up for debate.

The only thing i now want to know is if the developers acknowledge this or they will be oblivious to critique?, if they will just ignore and behave like typical mainstream developers and just listen to fanboys praize.

I am seriously not having fun with the game and the thing is i can't refund it because i already clocked more than 2 hours long time ago, the armor problem doesn't really become evident until you have really more than 2 hours playing and you think: "well, maybe it will get better in Act 2", well it doesn't.

It is truly pathetic that the only game strategy that works now is go full damage and only one type of damage either physical or magical but not both or you will gimp your party and then don't engage in battle normaly but rather cheese the AI somehow to prevent all the enemies gang bang on your party and obliterate you, BECAUSE you can't CC you can't control the battlefield anymore so you are really stupid if you try to engage in a battle without cheesing it, the method that always works is to provoke the battle with 1 character and then run away as far as you can were your other team mates wait for the enemy to come 1 by one or the least amount possible so you can kill them withouth them grouping on you and kick your ass.

THIS IS NOT FUN PERIOD.

There is no "tactics" that is a lie, combat just became a 1 trick pony, there is not thinking anymore you just spam damaging abilities and stack damage to get rid of the 3 health bars ASAP.

I want a developer to say to me if they acknowledge this and they will do something about it or they will not.

I don't want to use mods since they disable achievements but i am seriously considering it now because i am not having fun with the game, it is not an enjoyable experience it is tedious and frustrating, i am tired of it and if i could refund i would do it.

Realize that i could just have pirated your game but i decided to support your company because i trusted you since the first game was really an amazing game, but this is a complete disappointment and i am gonna be honest with you, if you choose to not listen to critique like most developers and just take the fanboys into consideration this will be the last time i spend money on a game you make and i mean it.


Last edited by Zherot; 30/09/17 06:48 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
They didn't really comment much on it throughout EA. Why would you expect them to comment now? However, while I understand your argument, you're being a bit too aggressive in my view.


I went against my first instinct and built a 2 Physical/2 Magic team, and I'm reaching the point where when one of my mages' turns comes up, I freeze up because I genuinely can't think of anything productive to do, even with a lot of skills on my skillbar sitting there unused.

Level 9/10 enemies have 300+ magic armor (and I've seen it as high as a ridiculous 800 on level 11 enemies), and I don't know what my mages can contribute to a fight other than buffing my physical attackers.

Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
They didn't really comment much on it throughout EA. Why would you expect them to comment now? However, while I understand your argument, you're being a bit too aggressive in my view.


I went against my first instinct and built a 2 Physical/2 Magic team, and I'm reaching the point where when one of my mages' turns comes up, I freeze up because I genuinely can't think of anything productive to do, even with a lot of skills on my skillbar sitting there unused.

Level 9/10 enemies have 300+ magic armor (and I've seen it as high as a ridiculous 800 on level 11 enemies), and I don't know what my mages can contribute to a fight other than buffing my physical attackers.


Yeah they over nerfed mages they are just terrible now.

About the other stuff, it is me just stating how things are, i will stop supporting them if they don't listen.

Last edited by Zherot; 30/09/17 07:21 PM.
Joined: Jun 2017
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Jun 2017
I played through both a double lone wolf mage playthrough as well as a double lone wolf ranger knight playthrough and mages felt fine to me. The ranger knight was obviously easier because all you do with them is auto but my mages were more engaging to play and had little difficulty throughout almost every encounter, save the occasional enemy with fire resistance.

I doubt they will change the system. The amount of people who are against it are a minority. I think the armor system is more or less a fine place to build more depth off of and I agree it's a little lacking, but I expect extra depth or fleshing out of systems will be done through mods. Tons of people love and enjoy the game and are happy with the current systems. It doesn't make sense to go about making huge sweeping changes that will only appease a small amount of players who are dissatisfied with it. This isn't about fanboys. There's everyone else who like the system, and then there's you and some other people ranting against the system. Whose side do you expect them to take?

Last edited by devdev463; 30/09/17 07:54 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
That poll in the other thread shows an even split between liking it and disliking it. Only 13% said that it doesn't need any changes. 59% want to see some changes, either minor or major, and about 23% say they hate it or liked how D:OS 1 did it. So it doesn't seem accurate to dismiss the idea of changes as appeasing a small minority.

That said, it's unlikely that Larian will do much to change it.

Joined: Jun 2017
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Jun 2017
it's about even on the forums which should be skewed in favor of not liking it. It's a rather fair assumption to assume that the people who are unhappy with something talk a lot more about something than people who are happy with it. And yet 47% of people that answered the survey are happy with it.

Joined: Sep 2016
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Sep 2016
Originally Posted by devdev463
The amount of people who are against it are a minority. I think the armor system is more or less a fine place to build more depth off of and I agree it's a little lacking, but I expect extra depth or fleshing out of systems will be done through mods. Tons of people love and enjoy the game and are happy with the current systems. It doesn't make sense to go about making huge sweeping changes that will only appease a small amount of players who are dissatisfied with it. This isn't about fanboys. There's everyone else who like the system, and then there's you and some other people ranting against the system. Whose side do you expect them to take?


One: Your point on it being a loud minority is false. It's been consistent feedback that the system either needs changes or to need to be reverted. This has been ongoing since the EA.

Two: Expecting modders to be responsible for 'fixing' the game is a terrible practice.

That said: considering the everything else I've seen since the EA? I doubt they'll do anything in response to this.


Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
That poll in the other thread shows an even split between liking it and disliking it. Only 13% said that it doesn't need any changes. 59% want to see some changes, either minor or major, and about 23% say they hate it or liked how D:OS 1 did it. So it doesn't seem accurate to dismiss the idea of changes as appeasing a small minority.

That said, it's unlikely that Larian will do much to change it.


Actually it is more accurate to say that 83% of the players know there is something wrong with the system.

Joined: Jun 2017
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Jun 2017
The fact that people have been complaining since it was in EA doesn't disprove what I said...

I agree that expecting modders to fix a game is bad practice indeed. But expecting modders to fix issues a minority of people have? Sure.

Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by devdev463
The fact that people have been complaining since it was in EA doesn't disprove what I said...

I agree that expecting modders to fix a game is bad practice indeed. But expecting modders to fix issues a minority of people have? Sure.


Except it is not a minority.

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Originally Posted by devdev463
The fact that people have been complaining since it was in EA doesn't disprove what I said...

I agree that expecting modders to fix a game is bad practice indeed. But expecting modders to fix issues a minority of people have? Sure.


What rubbish. You can't point to posts and poll answers which DO NOT EXIST as proof of a silent majority supporting you.

Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by devdev463
The fact that people have been complaining since it was in EA doesn't disprove what I said...

I agree that expecting modders to fix a game is bad practice indeed. But expecting modders to fix issues a minority of people have? Sure.


What rubbish. You can't point to posts and poll answers which DO NOT EXIST as proof of a silent majority supporting you.


REKT

Joined: Sep 2017
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Level 9/10 enemies have 300+ magic armor (and I've seen it as high as a ridiculous 800 on level 11 enemies), and I don't know what my mages can contribute to a fight other than buffing my physical attackers.


Have you beaten the game yet? Later on, it gets insane. Enemies start having thousands upon thousands of armour, at least on Tactician they do. Never played the lower difficulties.

Best ability in-game is Overpower, it's seriously great. Larian really does love their Warfare. :P

Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Level 9/10 enemies have 300+ magic armor (and I've seen it as high as a ridiculous 800 on level 11 enemies), and I don't know what my mages can contribute to a fight other than buffing my physical attackers.


Have you beaten the game yet? Later on, it gets insane. Enemies start having thousands upon thousands of armour, at least on Tactician they do. Never played the lower difficulties.

Best ability in-game is Overpower, it's seriously great. Larian really does love their Warfare. :P


Just another proof on how Phsycal attackers are way better than Magical, they overnerfed mages.

Joined: Jun 2017
D
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
D
Joined: Jun 2017
Are you arguing against my previous notion? The notion being that the more complacent or satisfied someone with a game the less likely they are to be on forums in the first place.

People don't log onto forums for no reason. They get on forums typically because they see problems and want to create discussion about them. Nobodies going to pop in and say "hey larian I'm really enjoying your game it's probably the best game I've ever played". If they aren't enjoying the game they are more likely to say something about it.

Zherot actually has a reason to be here, because this particular user is not happy with their purchase. Someone enjoying the game has little to no motivation to post on the forums, while someone like Zherot wants their money on the game to actually be worth the cost. He's not enjoying the game, that's why he's here. People are enjoying the game, that's why they're in game.

I could also link you some scientific studies showing how humans only tend to report things that are negative if you need more convincing. Sounds a lot similar to posting on a forum no?

And if this still isn't enough to convince you then I would also like to point to the 94% steam user reviews as well to show that the majority are in fact very satisfied with this game.

Last edited by devdev463; 01/10/17 01:34 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Seriously, your argument is garbage. It's a fact that you cannot attach numbers to non-existent phantom posts and poll votes and claim that more people are on your side.

If so then I'll just claim that there are even MORE non-existent posts and votes supporting my side than yours. Prove me wrong.

You can't, which demonstrates why the "silent majority" argument is bad, and I'm not going to indulge it any farther.

Joined: Sep 2016
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Sep 2016
Originally Posted by devdev463
Are you arguing against my previous notion? The notion being that the more complacent or satisfied someone with a game the less likely they are to be on forums in the first place.

People don't log onto forums for no reason. They get on forums typically because they see problems and want to create discussion about them. Nobodies going to pop in and say "hey larian I'm really enjoying your game it's probably the best game I've ever played". If they aren't enjoying the game they are more likely to say something about it.

Zherot actually has a reason to be here, because this particular user is not happy with their purchase. Someone enjoying the game has little to no motivation to post on the forums, while someone like Zherot wants their money on the game to actually be worth the cost. He's not enjoying the game, that's why he's here. People are enjoying the game, that's why they're in game.

I could also link you some scientific studies showing how humans only tend to report things that are negative if you need more convincing. Sounds a lot similar to posting on a forum no?

And if this still isn't enough to convince you then I would also like to point to the 94% steam user reviews as well to show that the majority are in fact very satisfied with this game.


As has been said: your argument makes no sense.

And just cause certain portions of the game are fantastically in need of tweaking doesn't mean the same people saying that don't also give positive glowing reviews. Why would I not recommend the game? It has one badly implemented feature, but it's still an overall greater product.

If you want to argue your position than the burden of proof to prove that others are in the minority is on you. That's how a debate works. You don't just get to magically wave your hands and say that even though there's nothing to validate your position, it's totally correct cause you don't like what you're hearing.

What? Is there some magical number of people in order to meet your criteria for majority? Or will you just keep moving the goal post?

Joined: May 2015
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Joined: May 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Seriously, your argument is garbage. It's a fact that you cannot attach numbers to non-existent phantom posts and poll votes and claim that more people are on your side.

If so then I'll just claim that there are even MORE non-existent posts and votes supporting my side than yours. Prove me wrong.

You can't, which demonstrates why the "silent majority" argument is bad, and I'm not going to indulge it any farther.


[Linked Image]

Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by aj0413
Two: Expecting modders to be responsible for 'fixing' the game is a terrible practice.


How can a company make this big change now? With such a high like rating ta boot. They can and will be making general adjustments though.

What they could do and I think it would be smart, is come out with a screen with all kind of mod options you can turn on/off, baked into the game, like Xcom mods that were very popular additions. A page of I want this or that added. That way those playing and happy, continue on. Those not so happy, they can check what they want and then try a do over. And the best of all worlds, a person that is happy to try various mods in subsequent plays.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/10/17 04:24 AM.
Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
The gravest sin with the Armor System isn't its existence or intent; it's the sheer lack of depth it has and how little interaction there is with other systems.

There are so little ways to invest in armor defenses outside of equipment, it's absolutely suffocating in regards to Divinity OS's fantastic status and terrain systems, and has minimal interactions with skills and spells outside of "destroy all armor" or "get some armor now or over a few turns".
It's quite disappointing, but there's a lot of room to play with things and expand upon the armor system that could make it a fun and engaging mechanic, rather than a barricade trying clumsily to keep D:OS1's CC out of the room until it applies enough burst damage.


The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5