Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Sep 2017
P
stranger
Offline
stranger
P
Joined: Sep 2017
The only other game I have ever seen use armour as 'special' hit points have been space flight sims - this game is messed up, how did we allow this passed EA without picking up on this shit?

Next EA game I'm going to be on the devs case from day one, that is, if I ever fall for the EA trick again.

Joined: Oct 2016
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2016
Regarding the fact how much the AI loves to attack a Tank, probably pretty useless. And also you can't skill your block chance if I'm not mistaken.

Joined: Dec 2016
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2016
Put Leadership on your tank and enjoy watching them try to hit the tank instead.

They kinda intend you to put leadership on tank anyway. Even +Leadership is on majority of the shield. They even buffed leadership to have +3% dodge rate while it still says +2% on tooltip.

Last edited by Ellezard; 02/10/17 01:35 AM.
Joined: Sep 2017
P
stranger
Offline
stranger
P
Joined: Sep 2017
It isn't bullshit at all when the so called "tactics" can be broken down into what works the best and everything else. After the initial first few levels where comboing for CC effects mattered, it quickly stopped mattering. Like I said, the previous game gave you more options, but once you found your groove, each fight played out the same.

I disagree - the second game has far fewer skills, quite simply, you could play the 'first game' (which is about the 5th in the game series) as suboptimal, even on 'tac' in the EE, and still win, simply because alternatives worked.

Try a 4 party necro only set up in 2nd ed? No way. Just, game is half baked, really: open beta or no beta at all, we proved this 15 years ago in terms of RPGs.

Joined: Oct 2016
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2016
Having everyone in 5 m range of your tank, sounds like offer to the enemies to burst your full team with AoE skills. Grouping up totally contradicts our playstyle so I will hardly ever use leadership with this rubbish low range.

Joined: Dec 2016
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Dec 2016
Leadership is really broke though and I find it disappointing they don't have AIs using it to make battle harder. Only 2 fights in the game really capitalize on the Aura difficulty.

Alexander with his insane Aura.
And the Evasive aura in Act 2.

Need a real reverse Leadership aura in this game for tanks/diver/enemies to take.

Last edited by Ellezard; 02/10/17 02:05 AM.
Joined: Apr 2017
J
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
J
Joined: Apr 2017
Not agree with you.
Have to say that please don't change…
Or my opinion is make a exchange ratio, when one armour is zero.

Joined: Apr 2017
J
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
J
Joined: Apr 2017
Originally Posted by Zherot
The fact of the matter is that the system requieres changes, it is poorly designed and there are many reasons on why is this, many people have said it in many posts, it is not up for debate.

The only thing i now want to know is if the developers acknowledge this or they will be oblivious to critique?, if they will just ignore and behave like typical mainstream developers and just listen to fanboys praize.

I am seriously not having fun with the game and the thing is i can't refund it because i already clocked more than 2 hours long time ago, the armor problem doesn't really become evident until you have really more than 2 hours playing and you think: "well, maybe it will get better in Act 2", well it doesn't.

It is truly pathetic that the only game strategy that works now is go full damage and only one type of damage either physical or magical but not both or you will gimp your party and then don't engage in battle normaly but rather cheese the AI somehow to prevent all the enemies gang bang on your party and obliterate you, BECAUSE you can't CC you can't control the battlefield anymore so you are really stupid if you try to engage in a battle without cheesing it, the method that always works is to provoke the battle with 1 character and then run away as far as you can were your other team mates wait for the enemy to come 1 by one or the least amount possible so you can kill them withouth them grouping on you and kick your ass.

THIS IS NOT FUN PERIOD.

There is no "tactics" that is a lie, combat just became a 1 trick pony, there is not thinking anymore you just spam damaging abilities and stack damage to get rid of the 3 health bars ASAP.

I want a developer to say to me if they acknowledge this and they will do something about it or they will not.

I don't want to use mods since they disable achievements but i am seriously considering it now because i am not having fun with the game, it is not an enjoyable experience it is tedious and frustrating, i am tired of it and if i could refund i would do it.

Realize that i could just have pirated your game but i decided to support your company because i trusted you since the first game was really an amazing game, but this is a complete disappointment and i am gonna be honest with you, if you choose to not listen to critique like most developers and just take the fanboys into consideration this will be the last time i spend money on a game you make and i mean it.



Why do I think the battle is fun and a little bit easy?

Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
fix damn armor system. make some stanalone CC blocking parameter, remove that horrible phys\mag armor and give our mages\figthers ability to cooperate effectively!

Joined: Sep 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Seriously, your argument is garbage. It's a fact that you cannot attach numbers to non-existent phantom posts and poll votes and claim that more people are on your side.

If so then I'll just claim that there are even MORE non-existent posts and votes supporting my side than yours. Prove me wrong.

You can't, which demonstrates why the "silent majority" argument is bad, and I'm not going to indulge it any farther.


Just want to point to one little detail...
On forums like this most post will be about stuff people don’t understand or don’t like.
And some of the great experts on how things REALLY should work, are EXTREMELY vocal with their gripes.
Any polls are fraught with misconception that a broad demographic is in effect.
Nope. The very tittle of any poll is leading their intended audience to react. And it is a fact that 83% of all statistics are invented to support any claim.

The post numbers under a few forum members are a very good indication on how any discussion is warped. Most often the negative people are very persistent. Those who are relatively content comes in with one or two posts, make their opinion known and then leave. Some people will seek out all of those different posts and comment on all those user’s posts to make their point. Again. And again. And again.


Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
Joined: Sep 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2015
Originally Posted by Sanctuary


This game is similar in that way too, except the "Master" spells require source. All that means is, you'll be casting the spells similarly as in the previous game, but with more downtime afterwards simply because of the hoop jumping to get source back (which isn't hard, it's just corpse hunting, waiting on cooldowns or going back to a pool each time is tedious).


In other game forums for fps it is fun to read comments about the “infinite ammo” problem where some argue that every time you run out of ammo there should be a box just round the corner. Because saving ammo and having to think about how to conserve what you have is “tedious”.


Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer
Originally Posted by Sanctuary


This game is similar in that way too, except the "Master" spells require source. All that means is, you'll be casting the spells similarly as in the previous game, but with more downtime afterwards simply because of the hoop jumping to get source back (which isn't hard, it's just corpse hunting, waiting on cooldowns or going back to a pool each time is tedious).


In other game forums for fps it is fun to read comments about the “infinite ammo” problem where some argue that every time you run out of ammo there should be a box just round the corner. Because saving ammo and having to think about how to conserve what you have is “tedious”.


I think there's a substantial difference between a fast paced shooter and a turn-based RPG.
(Hint: For one of them you can instantly teleport to or freely harvest 'ammo' at any time with minimal threat. I'll let you guess which one.)


The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Joined: Sep 2017
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer


The post numbers under a few forum members are a very good indication on how any discussion is warped. Most often the negative people are very persistent. Those who are relatively content comes in with one or two posts, make their opinion known and then leave. Some people will seek out all of those different posts and comment on all those user’s posts to make their point. Again. And again. And again.


And others still, like me, will simply bounce off a game due to some aspect like messy system implementation, and go on to do other things. Not everyone views getting into arguments with randos on internet message boards as a fruitful use of their time--especially when there are so many good games out right now that dont have such off-putting design.

I'm just doing a drive-by here on my way to shelving this game until such a time as it's revisited. I've already moved on to another game, won't be finishing this one, and wont be wasting my time on a message board.

So again, we come back to the fact that there's no verifiable way to claim a silent majority. All we have is the fact that many people are dissatisfied with the game in its current form, and they make a lot of good arguments as to why. On the other side, the argument I see from most of the people supporting it boils down to "I like it anyway", or "The first game also had problems".

I don't know anything about being a game developer, but this would concern me. Fix it, Ill be happy to revisit the game at some point in the future. But dont interpret my silence in the meantime as being content with this terrible system.

Joined: Sep 2017
B
stranger
Offline
stranger
B
Joined: Sep 2017
What's wrong with it? The enemy have 2 armour types. You burn down one type then kill them. It seems fine to me.

Joined: Oct 2016
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2016
And that is why the system kills hybrid builds (together with poor attribue implementation) and is bad for mixed groups.

Joined: Jul 2014
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
And that is why the system kills hybrid builds (together with poor attribue implementation) and is bad for mixed groups.


I think armor implementation is step in right direction but it is having some disadvantages for mixed magic/physical teams indeed.

But that's not all, other part of why this is so is scaling, imo, a big chunk of potential tactics and gameplay is lost because you can simply bruteforce your way through with pure damage thanks to scaling.

You don't need surfaces, debuffs, traps and smart gameplay planning, when you kill shit in two swings outright and that's where mixed armors is a hindrance, as you need to tunnel damage and not spread it.

If damage would not be so effective (thanks to way too much scaling), then there would be much more value to armor system and mixed teams.

Joined: Sep 2017
M
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
M
Joined: Sep 2017
i like the armor system fine, it could use some tweaking, maybe with more individual spells (of the non-cc variety) going through them

i think the real issue is the stat inflation at higher difficulties. there are a lot of ways to increase difficulty during combat that don't involve simply making the fight a longer and more monotonous version of what happens on lower difficulties. i'm going to assume that most people who hate the armor system are people who play on higher difficulties like tactician and dislike wasting turn after turn burning through bloated armor before anything interesting happens. this is a fair complaint, but again, i think this problem can be solved without overhauling the whole system. in my experience having separate armor stats for physical and magical (which, on most enemies, has one significantly higher than the other) has overall made fights interesting in terms of who focuses which enemies. i always bring mixed parties (usually 2 mages and 2 physical damage dealers, though it becomes more complex and less tied down as the game goes on) and, while fights certainly take longer, they're still manageable. if difficulty was achieved in ways other than simply making fights longer versions of their lower difficulty counterparts i think people would find the system a lot more to their liking

Joined: Jul 2014
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by miaasma
i like the armor system fine, it could use some tweaking, maybe with more individual spells (of the non-cc variety) going through them

i think the real issue is the stat inflation at higher difficulties. there are a lot of ways to increase difficulty during combat that don't involve simply making the fight a longer and more monotonous version of what happens on lower difficulties. i'm going to assume that most people who hate the armor system are people who play on higher difficulties like tactician and dislike wasting turn after turn burning through bloated armor before anything interesting happens. this is a fair complaint, but again, i think this problem can be solved without overhauling the whole system. in my experience having separate armor stats for physical and magical (which, on most enemies, has one significantly higher than the other) has overall made fights interesting in terms of who focuses which enemies. i always bring mixed parties (usually 2 mages and 2 physical damage dealers, though it becomes more complex and less tied down as the game goes on) and, while fights certainly take longer, they're still manageable. if difficulty was achieved in ways other than simply making fights longer versions of their lower difficulty counterparts i think people would find the system a lot more to their liking


Quite the contrary imo, players scale WAY more than NPCs, you may think numbers are bloated for Armor and Vitality on mobs, but the fact is that damage (especially physical) for players scales totally out of control to the point where you can effectively end most fights in two turns by simply nuking shit into oblivion and heck it's even more retarded because it's basically done with basic attacks coupled with teleports and AP recovery talents/abilities. And I am talking Tactician here. Like my non-lone wolf 2h warrior in Arx can easily kill 3 targets turn 1 simply thanks to Flesh Sac, Adrenaline and Executioner rolling from one target to another, no kidding, especially if ranger softened them up a bit at the start. And heck, Ranger himself can pretty much oneshot just about any non-boss target with Arrow Storm.

Game gets easier as you go, not harder, that's just wrong IMO and it is a problem with scaling, but not the scaling of a kind you think. Player damage gets out of control, that's the issue that throws otherwise tactical game out of the window and turns it into a simple game of tunneling a couple of select targets and killing them first or second turn effectively ending fight there (the rest of the stragglers you just clear out, as they pose no threat at that point when you take out main guys).

Heck the fact that big and bad final encounter can be beat just by that tunneling is the epitome of what's wrong with scaling. The fact that this is not only viable, but also a best and easiest path by far is just wrong.


This is pretty much why Tactician complaints died out by now, just because players found out that they scale WAY higher than a boost Tactician gives to NPCs later on.

Last edited by Gaidax; 02/10/17 02:14 PM.
Joined: Sep 2017
M
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
M
Joined: Sep 2017
i never said the game gets harder as you go, just longer

for sure, fort joy is by far the most difficult part of the game, and by the time i was in the last act none of the fights (save maybe the final one) were a challenge at all

Joined: Jul 2014
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by miaasma
i never said the game gets harder as you go, just longer

for sure, fort joy is by far the most difficult part of the game, and by the time i was in the last act none of the fights (save maybe the final one) were a challenge at all


But IMO, that's just not true? The whole point where you outscale enemies to the point you nuke them down makes fights shorter.

If you remember some fights in Joy equal level in prison on the way to the boat, for example, or Voidwalken encounter before first time you go to Hall of Echoes. Those fights were WAY longer than just about anything you have in Arx, simply because you could not just nuke shit down at that point.

Fights easily get shorter as game goes on, unless you choose to make them longer for whatever reason it may be.

The seemingly impressive armor and vitality numbers NPCs get are no match for even greater numbers your nukes get, that's the problem lategame, which also makes mixed teams or advanced tactics waste of time and weaker approach IMO, as opposed to simply "lol kill shit" approach.

Last edited by Gaidax; 02/10/17 02:19 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5