Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Amrael Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello Larian and thanks for the amazing game.

Everything was going smoothly during act 1, the game saved normally and the size of the save file was 6mb,

However as soon as I entered act 2 ( specifically after getting out of hall of echoes from lady vengeance ) I noticed huge loading time, stuttering and saving takes 3-4 minutes now, when it used to be instant.

I looked at my save file and found it's 11mb now!!

And I assume the game started to stutter and get bad latency because there's RAM leak.

I hope you fix this in the next patch because I can't play T_T

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Amrael
Hello Larian and thanks for the amazing game.

Everything was going smoothly during act 1, the game saved normally and the size of the save file was 6mb,

However as soon as I entered act 2 ( specifically after getting out of hall of echoes from lady vengeance ) I noticed huge loading time, stuttering and saving takes 3-4 minutes now, when it used to be instant.

I looked at my save file and found it's 11mb now!!

And I assume the game started to stutter and get bad latency because there's RAM leak.

I hope you fix this in the next patch because I can't play T_T

Experiencing the same problem: the game starts running smoothly and saving quickly, but about an hour afterwards, or in big fights with lots of effects being applied and surfaces changing, sometimes it takes several seconds for the input to be recognized.
Restarting the game fixes the issue (although on quitting I get an ear-raking sound stutter), but as of Arx I had to do it 4-5 times over the few hours of gameplay. Fort Joy was mostly fine as well, but in Driftwood it began to surface frequently.

Amrael Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I want to make sure the problem isn't because of windows 10 creators update, but sadly I am unable to install different version of windows or roll back at the moment.

But then again, the creators update wouldn't be causing the huge load time and frames skip.

Last edited by Amrael; 06/10/17 07:49 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I think the "game 'stuck' at loading screen" issue that people keep blaming on mods might be related to this.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm having the exact same issues. The loading itself takes 10-15 mins after which I have to face the rest of the problems mentioned above.

Act I ran flawlessly. Everything started when I entered Act II.

Putting the game on Windows 7 Compatibility mode does nothing.

I have no mods installed.

I literally can't play the game in this condition.

Last edited by arcane; 06/10/17 08:53 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I have similar problems. I don't suffer from long loading times, but since I entered act 2 and left Drifwood town, I'm crashing to desktop every 2 minutes. The crash message mentiones a memory issue. I didn't have any problems in act 1. The game is no longer playable.
I don't know much about pc's, but I tried lowering the resolution, disabled steam overlay and autosaves, and I updated my drivers. None of those things worked. I've read somethings here about overclocking, but I don't know what that means, so I assume my pc is not set up that way. I also have no mods installed.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Waited more than 10 days to this get fixed, the patch goes out and...nothing? Come on Larian.

Amrael Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A fix will probably take a LoOooOong time if ever, I remember D:OS classic having these problems as well ( although not as bad as this one ) and it was all 100% fixed in the enhanced edition.

My next hope right now is waiting for windows 10 Fall Creators Update which is coming in 17th October, maybe that will fix anything ? if not the loading time then at least the latency...

Last edited by Amrael; 06/10/17 04:16 PM.
veteran
veteran
Fairly sure the size-bloat is since it keeps Fort Joy in the savefile. Even though it has no place in there as we'll never return and it's just extra size for nothing.
Surely they can save important decisions without the whole map.

Could be wrong, but that definitely seems to be with the 3MB > 6MB > 11MB steps between chapters (and my unusable EA saves being around 3-4MB each too, without tutorial ship).

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 06/10/17 05:56 PM.
Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Having the same problem, all my safe games are around 12mb. Have been looking for a fix, but there doesnt seem to be one. It's kinda sad there has not really been an acknowledgment, that it's actually a real problem for a lot of people. Have checked almost every post about corrupted save files, not 1 reaction from Larian.

Would be nice to know they are actually working on it. I guess, I should have waited on the enhanced edition. To bad though, game is really excellent.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Guys, I have 15MB saves. It's never affected my loading times or game performance. I have a bug where I can't go to Act 3 without a save 302 error, but my earlier saves are all around 14-15MB and don't bug out going to Act 3.

Wife's is the same way. She's on an LGA1150 Win8.1, I'm on 2011v2 Win7. Maybe you guys should list what OS you're on? Might be most of you are on Win10 that's having this problem.

A
stranger
stranger
A
no update on this problem?

Still cant continue to act 2. This feels so lame, the exitement is gone and my mind is just waiting for a solution.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same problems and I don't really want to restart 20 hours of gameplay as much as I love the game.

A
stranger
stranger
A
IVE RESTARATED, same problem in act 2.

Amrael Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yeah I've stopped playing until I find a solution, waiting for windows 10 fall creators update which supposedly fix stuttering problems which lots of people face with windows 10 creators update.

However I will say that this might be because I only have 4 gb ddr4 ram.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
My RAM spikes over 5K used when loading but around 3.5 when playing an intense fight. I've been on loading screen for 10 minutes this time.

Apparently everyone went on vacation after the game released.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've stopped playing too. I had to move on to other games.

However , I still check forums daily for any update on the fix.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Loading and saving causes my RAM usage to go over 5,000 megs. Good thing I have 16 gigs. Still, it causes significant stutter, and it spikes over 3,500 megs when entering various areas on the map (sub-locales, I mean).

Mind you, I have this game running off an SSD.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Now I know you're doing a company split on a 3d vs crpg game next, I am psychic, its easy to tell.

Can you repair this shit monster called DS2:OS for the THOUSANDS of us that will kill you like disaffected Creative Artist players? Do you want to get brought out by EA?

No?, then fix yo' shit' ,triggers.

I have persevered with your crap fest well into the 2nd map, my characters are now MISSING AMINATION MOVES and for the first time, which I think is quite amazing, considering how shit you know your game to be, I have finally had a non resolved combat turn pausing on the enemy forever. FOREVER.

Now, if only you decided to save $20K dev dollars and get DIFFERENT COMPUTERS TO TEST IN HOUSE ON ... like anyone would since Quake 1 in 1996, instead of getting 20 pre made retard slave comps you only tested in house on, and none of this shit would be happening.

Imagine all the pain right now, alleviated because you spent $20K better 2 years ago.

Amazing how people just don't think of this.

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
It's pretty unbelievable that, there is still no official statement made about these game breaking bugs.
I wish they would at least make a forum thread about it. Giving some information about when and what ect. So the people affected by these bugs
at least know Larian is working on it. It would be better than the zero communication situation right now.

Last edited by Yuri Lowell; 19/10/17 07:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard