Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hi! Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I couldn't find any instructions on the Wiki.

I made a test Adventure in the engine -- just a Basic level with nothing to do on it -- because I wanted to understand what was required to publish and play a custom story. I've published it with all variety of Project Settings -- whether I'm leaving the default levels blank, or importing the existing Character Creation and Menu levels, or referring to them. I've tried every combination of settings I can think of. But even though my Adventure appears in the Mods menu, it isn't selectable when starting a new game.

I installed a custom story from the Workshop, and it appeared just fine. What am I missing? What are the minimum requirements for a custom story (not add-on) to make it selectable when starting a new game?

For reference, here is the Steam Workshop story I mentioned: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136564031

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I take it I need to do some work in the StoryEditor to set up character creation and load the first level? A sample project would be a lot of help if anyone has one.

old hand
old hand
If you haven't touched the story editor at all:
Do a generate definitions in the story editor.

Then do a build.

Do them in separate steps the first time, then after that you can do them in one step. You shouldn't need any custom scripts in there.

If you don't have character creation setup and working, then don't use the levels you inherited and just have the startup and creation level as your first map. You do not need to have character creation to publish.

I have a basic character creation tutorial here for standalone mods, but like I said you should not need that to just get it working.
https://docs.larian.game/Basic_Character_Creation

Last edited by SniperHF; 01/10/17 05:13 AM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thank you!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello,

I am similarly stuck at the same step... once I have separately clicked "Generate Definitions" and "Build", do I simply start DOS2 -> Click Story -> Choose my adventure -> Single Player -> Start?

When I try to load my adventure this way, it starts a new single player story campaign.

Thanks for your time.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by magickarayzee
Hello,

I am similarly stuck at the same step... once I have separately clicked "Generate Definitions" and "Build", do I simply start DOS2 -> Click Story -> Choose my adventure -> Single Player -> Start?

When I try to load my adventure this way, it starts a new single player story campaign.

Thanks for your time.

What type of mod is your mod?

When you say "Choose my adventure" you mean the drop down menu right?

Do you have Origins as a project dependency in the Project Settings? If so that would cause your mod to look like the main game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi,

It's a story mod, and yes, I mean the drop down menu on the right.

I think you're right, very likely I used Origins as a dependency. Oops! Thanks for the help.

:)

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard